Warburton Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    Didn't Warburton comment at start of his reign about not favouring loan signings and insinuate we'd had too many loanees previously?
    My feeling is that our current loan players are eff all to with Warburton and the work of the DOF/CEO but I obviously cannot prove that.
    They have made it clear in the past that the recruitment process involves Warbs, Les and Hoos. I genuinely believe they are a very close team who understands the needs of the others. I just dont see any friction there.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      Didn't Warburton comment at start of his reign about not favouring loan signings and insinuate we'd had too many loanees previously?
      My feeling is that our current loan players are eff all to with Warburton and the work of the DOF/CEO but I obviously cannot prove that.
      Considering how we were playing and having lost TC and Amos and our big striker signing firing blanks I don't think Warburton would have been against loan signings to prop up this squad which looked to be in trouble, not if he wished to be continuing employed!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Riverwild View Post
        Will he be kept on by the owners?
        I don't think he will be.
        I'm expecting a new QPR manager this summer.
        What do you guys think?
        He wont be going anywhere IMO and tbh, why should he? Nobody right now could do a better job than him

Comment

Don.t think the board will get rid of him, he may go should he get a better offer. if he can maybe keep a couple of the loaned players and add maybe a couple more depending on our finances, and besides who's around that would realistically come to HQ ??

Comment

He's doing ok but that can change very quickly . Love the team spirit u can see what it means to them when they win. You don't get that if the manager isn't respected and we'll liked . Think he's doing a good job

Comment

Should not be going anywhere.

Comment

Warburton is not my long term choice as manager.
                However, he's earned a shot next season.
                Let's see what happens during the summer transfer window.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverwild View Post
                  Warburton is not my long term choice as manager.
                  However, he's earned a shot next season.
                  Let's see what happens during the summer transfer window.
                  Who is your long term choice?

Comment

It does prove if Warbs is backed, just a little in the market, he can produce winning football.
                    I think I need to be a little more patient,as do we all.

Comment

Mr fine margins should stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Who is your long term choice?
                        Pep Guardiola probably

Being realistic sign the loan players and we know we can compete, I’d still like at least 1 more fb. Clubs won’t have bottomless cash for at least 5 years from this pandemic and players may take less salary on longer deals imo. As for replacing Warbs is just daft we’re settled competitive and going in right direction.

Comment

I don't have a name but If Warburton leaves I would bring in a coach from Europe. The question is are QPR owners doing their due diligence on the up and coming coaches in Europe like other clubs are doing? I very much doubt it.
                          But this is where I would be looking for our next manager/coach.

We have not had a foreign coach since Paolo Sousa and that was years ago. Before him, we had Gigi Di Canio. He was very good in the short time he was with us.

It's time we just stopped appointing coaches from the UK. I do not consider the appointment of Jimmy Floyd a foreign coach. I also think most of the coaches abroad are better than the ones we have here.

Are there good coaches from the UK? Off course.
                          But I think it's time the owners cast their net a lot wider.
                          Our approach is too narrow-minded.

Comment

Keep Warburton. He's shown what this team can be capable of since January, and we're all mighty pleased and surprised.

Yes, we need those signings.

As said above "Let's have some patience".

No one wants to be in the Prem anyway, not just yet.

VAR BAH

Comment

Need to keep Warburton. In my view hands down our best manager since Warnock. We have one of the lowest budgets in the league and you have to remember the chaos he walked into. The first summer the turnover of players was huge and we had no money to spend. I suspect most managers we could realistically have appointed at that time would have taken us down.

Lesson from this season is whilst ideally we want to develop our own players the squad lacks quality and it needs bolstering with loans. It may well be we simply didn't have the budget in the summer and extra money was made available for January to allow us to sign a few on loan.

If we sign Field and the Dutch giant on permanents in the summer and keep the core of the rest of our squad together that for me would be further progress. If we can afford 2-3 decent loans we could overperform again. And overperforming is exactly what we have done this season.

Warburton may not be Pep. If he was he wouldn't be anywhere near us. However for where we are and where we are likely to be for at least the next few seasons or more he is a good fit.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                                Need to keep Warburton. In my view hands down our best manager since Warnock. We have one of the lowest budgets in the league and you have to remember the chaos he walked into. The first summer the turnover of players was huge and we had no money to spend. I suspect most managers we could realistically have appointed at that time would have taken us down.

Lesson from this season is whilst ideally we want to develop our own players the squad lacks quality and it needs bolstering with loans. It may well be we simply didn't have the budget in the summer and extra money was made available for January to allow us to sign a few on loan.

If we sign Field and the Dutch giant on permanents in the summer and keep the core of the rest of our squad together that for me would be further progress. If we can afford 2-3 decent loans we could overperform again. And overperforming is exactly what we have done this season.

Warburton may not be Pep. If he was he wouldn't be anywhere near us. However for where we are and where we are likely to be for at least the next few seasons or more he is a good fit.
                                Agree with this, especially the best since Warnock, but also with the idea of adding loans to our squad to help the developing players. He is doing a decent job considering the circumstances and I would like to see how he does next season should he sign a new deal.

But I also agree with Riverwild that the DoF and the Board should be scouting coaches from Europe as options if and when Warburton goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X