Warburton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warburton

Interesting to see what our thoughts are now .
    should he be given a new contract or not ?
    I personally think another contract should be given

Let's see where we finish first.

Comment

No rush , see how the season pans out . 2 wins hes the messiah 2 loses get rid ... Looks like he's getting it right to me

Comment

I would have thought a new deal would have been done by Christmas if both parties were keen. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes but I'd assume if any deal was done they'd announce it with some fanfare - fact it's all quiet on that front strongly suggests they're waiting til end of season to decide. I say "they" cos maybe it's Warburton being cagey, not the club?

At this juncture, a mere 2 months from end of season, I can't see point in making a definitive decision now.

Here's a list of our managers. If you stood them in a human pyramid I think it'd be taller than The Shard.....

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/quee...ie/verein/1039

Comment

Would be ridiculous if Warbs wasn’t in charge next season , it’s clear to see the progress that’s been made , a few good additions in the summer and we should be in good shape to keep progressing.

Comment

I don’t think Warburton has a time limted contract running out on a spesific date. I believe he has a regular open contract like the rest of us. Thats how I read his comments on the matter back in January.

Comment

He"s been doing a great job all season even though the two forwards "the club" brought in havent come off. It was hard leading up to Xmas but the signings in Jan show the Board have complete faith in him. We've been developing slowly for a couple of seasons now and very close to being challengers again. Warbs has always been an integral part of this.

Comment

We don't really know. Maybe the board saw that the 2 forwards, midfielders and goalie Warbs got in (not sure) ain't good enough so they (the board) got in the loans to safeguard our championship future ??

But me would like to see him stay another season.

Comment

Though Charlie and the other loanees have turned our season around and possibly saved us from a relegation battle (we'll never know now), it's fair to say Warbs has been the one managing them. Just whacking Charlie etc into the team doesn't mean results, they still need managing, which Warbs has done.

Considering what he's had to work with I think another year or 2 at least with some decent players to see what can be done. Only as good as your last result and he knows that, but obvious to all the turn around in fortunes since the Jan transfer window, for me this highlights how Warbs could not be solely blamed for our poor form up until that point no he has some decent players and the makings of a squad he is more accountable for sure, and so far so good in my opinion.

Comment

Chris Wilder leaving Sheff Utd at the end of the season!!

Don't you dare Warbs!!!

Comment

I agree with others and say let's see where we finish.if we finisher than last season I would like to see him stay on,its a case of whether he'd want a one or two year contract .
                      bear in mind in January we had gone 10 without a win and without the loans coming in we would probably be in the bottom 3 now .the loans have made all the difference to the squad that Warburton built . Also Warburton brought in Dykes and Cameron at the considerable price ( for QPR ) and both have been very average so far .
                      if a gun was put to the boards head at this moment in time I'd say offer him a new one year deal with the option of another to be decided by either party .

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                        I agree with others and say let's see where we finish.if we finisher than last season I would like to see him stay on,its a case of whether he'd want a one or two year contract .
                        bear in mind in January we had gone 10 without a win and without the loans coming in we would probably be in the bottom 3 now .the loans have made all the difference to the squad that Warburton built . Also Warburton brought in Dykes and Cameron at the considerable price ( for QPR ) and both have been very average so far .
                        if a gun was put to the boards head at this moment in time I'd say offer him a new one year deal with the option of another to be decided by either party .
                        Cameron has put in some good performances, he's been ok across his whole time here averaged out. He's not a central defender and has struggled recently no doubt. Dykes, well that's a longer conversation other threads can handle.

Not every player that comes in can be squarely aimed as a Warburton signing, positive or negative, that's the point of our current structure.

Nor can we entirely lay performances at his feet either, positive or negative.

We can lay the blame of tactics on him, he's had some blunders but i get the feeling he's has been hamstrung by a poor squad and signings that haven't come off. He's no Pep but credit where it's due we are doing alright at the minute.

Plus, I like him, he's not an #######, he's not up himself, he doesn't drivel often and i find his assessments on performances though predictable, quite honest. He'll even come close to taking the blame. There is some ungodly dog-shite spouted post match these days.

Easily next season.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

Cameron has put in some good performances, he's been ok across his whole time here averaged out. He's not a central defender and has struggled recently no doubt. Dykes, well that's a longer conversation other threads can handle.

Not every player that comes in can be squarely aimed as a Warburton signing, positive or negative, that's the point of our current structure.

Nor can we entirely lay performances at his feet either, positive or negative.

We can lay the blame of tactics on him, he's had some blunders but i get the feeling he's has been hamstrung by a poor squad and signings that haven't come off. He's no Pep but credit where it's due we are doing alright at the minute.

Plus, I like him, he's not an #######, he's not up himself, he doesn't drivel often and i find his assessments on performances though predictable, quite honest. He'll even come close to taking the blame. There is some ungodly dog-shite spouted post match these days.

Easily next season.
                          Totally agree Cameron has been good this season , don’t understand the stick he gets , also why blame Warburton for Bonne and Dykes and give no credit for Dickie . When you consider the talent that has left the club over the last couple of seasons we have done really well . As a fan base we are always only 2 defeats away from wanting the manager out .

Comment

A roller coaster of a season so fat for me . So my views on Warburton as a Manager and tactician have been likewise. How much control or input he has on the squad would also effect my thoughts as a reason either to keep or let go. Also such a strange season for the obvious for all teams .But overall keep his contract on a roll.

Comment

I'm just amazed that he suddenly became a better manager in Jan. Did he go on some FA coaching courses?

Comment

Working...
                              X