Gareth Ainsworth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northampton rs View Post
    It’s only a matter of time until he’s our manager, I’m sure of it.
    Not even the slimest chance if will happen! We have spent millions structuring an academy and a youth set up to suit a posession based style of play , recruited 10+ coaches to coach this way, and we have recruited a squad to fit this strategy, including defenders who can play out from the back etc. To throw all that overboard by recruiting a route 1 manager would be suicide. It simply wont happen - we cannot be so stupid.

If we want to develop players that can be sold to Premier League for tens of millions (like Eze), we have to develop players that have the skills to play in that division. We don't develop that by adopting Ainsworths philosophy. It is as simple as that. His style of play might well give short term success, but longer term it is leading nowhere, as he will struggle to develop players that can be sold to the top leagues.

Brentford would never consider signing Ainsworth, and for the same reasons we will not. But he is still a fan hero and will always be - I will give him a warm reception everytime he comes to LR.

Comment

Loved him as a player but don’t want him anywhere near us as manager. Couldn’t watch that every week. Turgid

Comment

Can a manager not change his style ?
        I would like to think GA would adjust, to suit what he has available.
        F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Originally posted by northampton rs View Post
          Can a manager not change his style ?
          I would like to think GA would adjust, to suit what he has available.
          He's still got the same teenage haircut! A very stubborn man who is in denial....

Comment

Gareth a man who quite possibly has scored 2 of the best goals ever scored by a Queens Park Rangers player.
            Probably be voted behind that Sinclair goal, but two superb strikes.
            Surely up there in the top 5.
            Not talked up much imo because it was 3rd division v Rushden and Diamonds.
            Always will be loved and respected by QPR fans

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

I believe he is originally from Blackburn.
              Yes, I goggled it last night. Maybe Blackburn`s new manager next season. Who knows..
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

Yes, I goggled it last night. Maybe Blackburn`s new manager next season. Who knows..
                Once you leave the likes of Blackburn you never go back!

Comment

Like Alcatraz

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Once you leave the likes of Blackburn you never go back!
                    It's a place that you aspire to get away from and not to return to for anything other than a family visit/event or for a 1 or 2 day job.

Comment

Working...
                    X