The big match revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big match revisited

For those that might be interested itv 4 Saturday morning 10.30 . They are showing Luton v Qpr from Kenilworth road in the 79/80 season . Luton were top at the time and we were in 2nd place . I won’t ruin it for anyone by telling you the score but this footage was reportedly lost in itv archives, I remember watching it donkeys years ago so look forward to watching it again.

I very often record this and unless it's of interest to me I delete it.
    Will watch this one, thanks for the heads-up.
    An itv game I really want to see again is QPR v Man City at Loftus Road in the season we finished 2nd.
    I was only a lad but I remember it because of an incident between Dave Thomas and Asa Hartford.
    Can I find it?
    No!
    Not anywhere. Do you remember that?
    It was on the Big Match.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
      I very often record this and unless it's of interest to me I delete it.
      Will watch this one, thanks for the heads-up.
      An itv game I really want to see again is QPR v Man City at Loftus Road in the season we finished 2nd.
      I was only a lad but I remember it because of an incident between Dave Thomas and Asa Hartford.
      Can I find it?
      No!
      Not anywhere. Do you remember that?
      It was on the Big Match.
      Don’t remember that specific game Dave but if it was on the Big match , you’d think there would be footage of it about somewhere.

Comment

Cheers for the heads-up, Stainrod, just set it up to record.
        F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

https://youtu.be/SPf3FeIKfJs
          is this it Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
            Yes that's the one.
            I've googled and looked for it, was going to say everywhere, but obviously not.
            Thanks stains always remember that for the squabble.
            Headline in one Sunday paper, was.... QPR's Behaviour loses them friends.
            Or something similar.
            Fantastic thanks again, great atmosphere, loved the old football and Brian Moore in particular.
            ​​​​​​
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
              For those that might be interested itv 4 Saturday morning 10.30 . They are showing Luton v Qpr from Kenilworth road in the 79/80 season . Luton were top at the time and we were in 2nd place . I won’t ruin it for anyone by telling you the score but this footage was reportedly lost in itv archives, I remember watching it donkeys years ago so look forward to watching it again.
              Thanks for the heads up mate.
              Was at that game so be great to see it again.

Comment

A poor mistake from a young Chris Woods for their goal , can see why Burridge was brought in . We were much better 2nd half when Currie and Bowles got on the ball and looked like we had a perfectly good goal disallowed . An 18 year old Clive Allen with a great finish and a packed away end , good watch .

Comment

Great to see the Roeder shuffle a few times in the 2nd half too .

Comment

Was at the game. That miss by Allen never forget that, we were going crazy before he hit it. Gutted

Comment

I lost my train ticket that day , didn't have enough money to buy another . Got into some trouble with the locals . Was saved by the feltham boys that gave me a lift in their transit back to feltham

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                        I lost my train ticket that day , didn't have enough money to buy another . Got into some trouble with the locals . Was saved by the feltham boys that gave me a lift in their transit back to feltham
                        Ha ha nice one bus , always lively at Luton .

Comment

Well that was disappointing.
                          As it seems these days we're outplayed and grabbed a point.
                          Helluva team sheet tbf, but ageing possibly.

Comment

Just watched it, downloaded it from itv hub.
                            I was there with my Dad, I was 16 and had just started working with British rail, you had to wait a month to get staff concessions, it was the first time I used mine so I remember it well.
                            I was in the stand on the same side as tv cameras, I clearly remember looking to my right at the away end when we scored, it was the biggest away turnout I had seen as had been to a few away games when we had barely a 100.
                            Some real players in that team but bowles was always best as a number 10.
                            Happy times looking back.
                            I feel old!!

Comment

This match against Middlesboro was a good game to watch from 75/76.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPf3FeIKfJs

Comment

Working...
                              X