Why is it clubs like Barnsley and Reading make dramatic improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

Sorry, but no, foreign does not mean better. You haven't directly said that but ensued it and it's not correct.

The club is being well run now but is absolutely held back by the mistakes and AMBITION of the past. Changes have been made and the club is building toward a sustainable future. You can;t expect instant results on the pitch and it's obvious to anyone watching with an ounce of pragmatism that every coach employed since Harry has been to help stabilise us on a budget. Maybe not JFH but lets not go there he could've been good.

There may not be the ambition for promotion just yet because it's realistic, this team would get eaten alive in the Prem. The ambition is to be financially stable, get some good players up and maybe sell them to give us the springboard to return to the top tier and stay there. That is the vision.

The same old names linked to the club are dug up by the media reading fans twitter accounts, not based in reality. You have no idea who the club maybe looking at when appointing a manager or coach, or what due dilligence has been done. Even if it is there's nothing to say mistakes won't be made. I'd bet they are just looking at managers who know the league to minimise risk. Warbs is a good appointment for this period of time.
    Good post .

Comment

I like to see any club get financially crippled with a record fine like we have had and stay in the same league every year. Because of that fine, covid hits us harder than other clubs, we have the lowest wage structure in the league and yet we have managed to stay in Championship. I think people need to stop crying about how the club is run and be thankful that we are still in Championship while we have seen teams who have had major financial problems like Stockport, Blackpool, Plymouth, Bolton etc just collapsed and slid down the divisions. We probably been better off getting hit like Sheff Wednesday and have 6 points deducted as our fine crippled us for years and would take a decade to sort out. Big Les has cut our spending, cut the wages, sorted our financial situation out and kept us in Championship the whole time all while taking nothing but insults from 'fans'.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

It’s just the usual moaning from a few posters when QPR lose a couple of games , nothing ever changes , every fan base has them .
        I appreciated this comment actually, needed that. We certainly do; frustrating tbh

Comment

Working...
        X