No announcement yet.

Todd Kane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All players make mistakes and we're not in the market to buy the finished article. But he got done by that winger due to his positioning when closing the player down. You either go in to make a tackle or fall off a bit to see what he does. Kane did neither in that situation. The winger was either quicker than he thought, poor game preparation, or bad positioning. I think it was the later and a basic error in the full back position which he was in at the time. But hey, he's the pro footballer, not me.

Comment

i know he was involved in both goals but cant defend, he gets so much ball and does very little with it, his crossing is awful rarely beats the 1st man, when he's bad he's very bad

Comment

When he scores, he scores the winner.

Comment

He must read these forums as he put fingers in his ears when he scored as if to block out the haters .Well done to him , he has his limitations at times but he gives his all .

Comment

LOL

Comment

Comment

I would actually say I feel kane looks a better finisher than bonne and dykes this season. Hes a strange one alright.

Comment

Fair play to him as he gets box to box. He must clock up some serious miles!! Has to be a very fit lad who keeps himself in good shape so we should give him that at least!!

Comment

Hard to pick out his weaknesses when he gets the winner , well done to him for his effort and getting up the pitch to be in the right position to score

Comment

Why do we do this at QPR, of late....

As a club, results wise we've seen better days. But when the chips are down its easy to see flaws in individuals. Kane being one...

Look at Bidwell, he was mullered by fans at Rangers, but he's first choice at Swansea and probably heading to the Prem. Make no doubt about it, Kane has got a bad game in his locker, but he's doing very well right now and long may it continue.

To add, Osman is NO better right now. Perhaps has some potential in him, but I wouldnt drop Kane right now.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                        Why do we do this at QPR, of late....

As a club, results wise we've seen better days. But when the chips are down its easy to see flaws in individuals. Kane being one...

Look at Bidwell, he was mullered by fans at Rangers, but he's first choice at Swansea and probably heading to the Prem. Make no doubt about it, Kane has got a bad game in his locker, but he's doing very well right now and long may it continue.

To add, Osman is NO better right now. Perhaps has some potential in him, but I wouldnt drop Kane right now.
                        I was also thinking about how Bidwell was slaughtered by many fans on here ( I thought he was ok and would have liked him to stay) but he is thriving at Swansea.

Yes, Kane lacks a lot, but I actually think the wing back role suits him a lot better than right back. And yes, he is better than Kakay in both of those positions. I actually prefer Kakay as a CB in a back 3.

Comment

Kane is doing wnat the manager is asking him to do so will lose out defemcivly sometimes but that is where Dickie needs to (and has) covered him Much the same way the Barbet covers Wallace . The results tell us that it is working but this is one hell of a ride at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I was also thinking about how Bidwell was slaughtered by many fans on here ( I thought he was ok and would have liked him to stay) but he is thriving at Swansea.

Yes, Kane lacks a lot, but I actually think the wing back role suits him a lot better than right back. And yes, he is better than Kakay in both of those positions. I actually prefer Kakay as a CB in a back 3.
                            Danny Simpson was never talked about as a premiership winner and there was hardly a whimper when he left...I think?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Danny Simpson was never talked about as a premiership winner and there was hardly a whimper when he left...I think?
                              as I recall there were a few of us who thought it was a big error to sell him, especially when Redknapp then decided against using a wing back system and found out that Isla was not so good as a conventional right back, but was now lumbered.

Comment

Kane obviously not happy with the criticism from the fans, as he showed with his goal celebration, I'm not sure he's a full back really like to get forward, crossing can leave a lot to be desired, not sure he's that strong defensively positional sense , seems to be a big get out player for us, we use him a lot to get the wide early, has a good engine, puts in the yards
                                but obviously the Breadman likes him plays nearly every game, not sure he feels he can trust Kakay in there or kane gives you more going forward

Comment

Working...
                                X