Nahki Wells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
    Plus he is 31 in June so I don’t see the club paying that kind of transfer fee for a player with no sell on value , that’s not how we operate these days .
    You have a valid point there but the club should also think about signing players for the value they bring to the team now ,like a top 6 chasing team , bigger crowds (when fans allowed back) etc and not a sell on fee.

Had QPR had funds to buy Wells and Hugill instead of Dykes and Bonne, we would probably be in the top 6 now and chasing automatic promotion like Sawnsea and Reading.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

You have a valid point there but the club should also think about signing players for the value they bring to the team now ,like a top 6 chasing team , bigger crowds (when fans allowed back) etc and not a sell on fee.

Had QPR had funds to buy Wells and Hugill instead of Dykes and Bonne, we would probably be in the top 6 now and chasing automatic promotion like Sawnsea and Reading.
      Buying Wells and Hugil would have cost £7 million pound in transfer fees alone and a commitment to millions of pounds to the pair of them in the way of 3 year contracts each with no sell on value . I think we made the right decision when you consider those numbers and the path the club has been on to bring costs down .I agree about bringing in experience and quality though and the way we have done it with Austin and Johannsen seems the right way for now .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Buying Wells and Hugil would have cost £7 million pound in transfer fees alone and a commitment to millions of pounds to the pair of them in the way of 3 year contracts each with no sell on value . I think we made the right decision when you consider those numbers and the path the club has been on to bring costs down .I agree about bringing in experience and quality though and the way we have done it with Austin and Johannsen seems the right way for now .
        Just buying one of those wpuld have lifted QPR up the table this season. The club cant just be run on the basis of sell on value. Winning promotion would have plenty of financial rewards and it doesnt look like this season would have needed a fortune spent on the team to be in the promotion hunt.

I do agree that signing Austin and Johansen on loan is heading in the right direction, but the season is half way through and we needed the likes of them at the start.

Comment

Wells and Hugill have scored 9 goals between them this season. Not exactly top six form for anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Just buying one of those wpuld have lifted QPR up the table this season. The club cant just be run on the basis of sell on value. Winning promotion would have plenty of financial rewards and it doesnt look like this season would have needed a fortune spent on the team to be in the promotion hunt.

I do agree that signing Austin and Johansen on loan is heading in the right direction, but the season is half way through and we needed the likes of them at the start.
            Let's see if Dieng gets sold and match day tickets are for sale next season first. If both of those happen I'm sure the budget will be relaxed for some quality up front. Things are coming along nicely, but going for budget strikers was a gamble last summer that hasnt come off, but the signings looked fine to me at the time.

I think we'll be ready for a proper push next season with a bit more experience up front, but it might take the £15m sale of Dieng to generate the cash for that to happen.

Comment

Lets get real here...

Wells can take a wage drop if he wants to, thats entirely up to him. He's still at a crucial point in his career like Chaz, in which they can earn good money and still play football.

It just isnt clicking like it did at LR for him, and that happens to players tbf.

I cant imagine Nahki costing much more than £3million now, he's not in form and not well liked 'at the moment' by fans and management.

Football is a costly sport, but players can do what they like half the time.

Comment

Funny how people forget how poor Wells was his first season with us. He had one good half season with us and now seems to have reverted to type.

Comment

Working...
                X