No announcement yet.

Play offs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think the OP has been on the Moroccan woodbines, getting far too carried away with our good form, I'll remind him we're as likely to lose 5 on the bounce also

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
      Think the OP has been on the Moroccan woodbines, getting far too carried away with our good form, I'll remind him we're as likely to lose 5 on the bounce also
      True that. Thing is, it's a funny old season...... I think fatigue is kicking in for many teams now. I reckon those two recent postponements did us a huge favour. I'm no fan of Warburton but maybe he's been planning a marathon, not a sprint? With others stumbling and faltering it may open the door for us to plod along and make steady progess up the table.
      My worry is most opponents seem to think we're a bunch of losing no-hopers (I cant believe how slack and lackadaisical Bees were) and we've been able to ambush them and catch them on the hop. However, if we start winning and moving up the table I think our opponents will start noticing and taking us more seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

True that. Thing is, it's a funny old season...... I think fatigue is kicking in for many teams now. I reckon those two recent postponements did us a huge favour. I'm no fan of Warburton but maybe he's been planning a marathon, not a sprint? With others stumbling and faltering it may open the door for us to plod along and make steady progess up the table.
        My worry is most opponents seem to think we're a bunch of losing no-hopers (I cant believe how slack and lackadaisical Bees were) and we've been able to ambush them and catch them on the hop. However, if we start winning and moving up the table I think our opponents will start noticing and taking us more seriously.
        Let's hope we get plenty of points under our belt before then.

Remaining games against "fellow strugglers" could well see us clear and safely mid table.

Comment

I’d rather we consolidate outside top 10 carry on as we are this season and end season strong keep the loan players we have on permanent deals and see how the lad Armstrong can do as another cf option next season

We look solid at the back and a couple more fb in kakay out on loan and nico play on loan somewhere I think we could do top 6. No point trying this season we’d need a new squad where as another year Dickie, Dieng chair etc all young a year on could be ready and have some tough friendly games not Chesham 11 etc

Comment

Looking in from the other side of the world I'm liking what I'm seeing..There ain't going to be a relegation battle..Willock,Austin,Field,Johansen..There's only one way we're going and that's up.Be positive fellow hoopers..The best we've played consistently for a while...

Comment

I'm assuming this is a tongue in cheek thread to create optimism as we head into the 2nd half of the season,which is great .
              a month ago we can remember only too clearly it was looking very gloomy,Warburtons future was very much in doubt and we faced an uphill battle to stay up .
              now things are looking way better,we have an 8 point gap with a game with hand and are in great form since we got Austin on loan.
              I think realistically we should be looking at finishing higher than last season and a midtable or higher is achievable .
              as for the playoffs,sorry,no chance ,we are 13 points adrift and are 21 goal inferior to current 6th spot Bournemouth, effectively giving them an extra point on us( making it 14 points to make up).
              it would require us to produce a man city style run of wins which is sadly beyond us .
              forget the play offs and enjoy the current run we are on,we are only 5 wins from safety which looked so unlikely a month ago and I'm confident we can finish higher than last season,would be very happy with that .

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                I think realistically we should be looking at finishing higher than last season and a midtable or higher is achievable .
                Last year we finished 13th and 58 points, if we beat that it'll be a right result IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
                  Got a good feeling we might make a cheeky late play off surge. Cheeky. Don't shoot the messenger. JN
                  Also... this isnt a message of truth..

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
                    Last year we finished 13th and 58 points, if we beat that it'll be a right result IMHO
                    17 games left, 19 points away from that. If fitness/injuries are kind to us,maybe a top 10 isn't too far away!
                    I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Another huge win at the weekend, but, let's keep looking below and taking one game at a time.

Lose 2 and results go against us, we're right back in it. Get 50 points first and move on...

Comment

Our chances dented tonight

Comment

Be lucky to finish above 12th

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                            Our chances dented tonight
                            Sheep hasn’t given up hope .

Comment

Was never in with a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Sheep hasn’t given up hope .
                                Haha.
                                Unfortunately he has. That defeat against Brum could have been recovered with another good run and results going our way. But with defeat tonight there are too many teams above us and points to catch up.

Ah well, there's always next season! Leeds GK attracting interest from teams in Europe so we could be in line for £20m if they fancy Dieng, which has been rumoured. Nice war chest to invest in the squad for 21/22.

Comment

Working...
                                X