Shodipo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
    10 goals by a winger is impressive. Shodipo is the third best player in League One ranked by goal per minute ratio (114 minutes per goal). This is great for a player than itsn't even a striker.

I had more or less given up on him, but I don't rule out he might turn out having a good future in the game. We have the right to extend his contract for one more year. We have to pick that up by end of March the latest and I believe we will. If he does well in preseason we could well end up giving him a new contract. It will be same as for Dieng and Hämälainen back in September: If we intend to offer a player in his final season a new contract, the player will not be able to play before he has signed on the dotted line, in fear of others picking him up on the cheap if he performs well. We will therefore not spend next season with Shodipo in the squad, seeing how he performs, before considering a new contract. He either signs a new contract by end of the summer transfer window or he leaves. I have a feel we will sign him up on similar terms as the two others, meaning £2500-3000 a week or thereabout.

Giving him a new 3+1 year contract cannot go wrong in my book. If he does well for us, like Dieng - fantastic. If he does ok he might be a decent squad player at affordable salary. If he does not do that well he has proven enough in League One to be sold to a League One club or loaned out with most of the salary recouped. The downside is very small, and the upside for a player that has proven himself in League One, like Dieng did, very good.
    He’s out of contract end of NEXT season not this one. And also has a years option. So effectively, is currently under contract for another 2.5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post

He’s out of contract end of NEXT season not this one. And also has a years option. So effectively, is currently under contract for another 2.5 years.
      Yep! And to be fair, he'll extend his stay anyway IMO. Why wouldnt he?

Comment

Just scored his 11th goal of the season .

Comment

Sell him in Summer - we might get £200K. He will never be worth that much again. He's nearly 24. The age of our "kids" or "prospects" is getting frankly ludicrous and out of hand in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            Sell him in Summer - we might get £200K. He will never be worth that much again. He's nearly 24. The age of our "kids" or "prospects" is getting frankly ludicrous and out of hand in my view.
            Is there a specific age when a player stops improving ? He’s gone out on loan to a league 1 club and done the business, just like Eze and Chair before him .We are paying Adomah 12k a week to basically be a fan in a QPR kit , Shodipo could do that job for a tenth of that wage .I’m sure the club are monitoring him so we will see next season.

Comment

Boy is smashing it

Comment

Swap him for Dykes so he can get some much needed taste of scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Is there a specific age when a player stops improving ? He’s gone out on loan to a league 1 club and done the business, just like Eze and Chair before him .We are paying Adomah 12k a week to basically be a fan in a QPR kit , Shodipo could do that job for a tenth of that wage .I’m sure the club are monitoring him so we will see next season.
                  I think he will be in our 1st team squad next season and could be in the starting line up if he impresses in pre season and stays fit.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                    Boy is smashing it
                    Hes scoring a lot of goals but had actually been a sub for the majority of their matches this season. Which is strange!! Maybe he runs out of stamina or just looks more like an impact player. Can he play left wing back?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

He should be given more gametime imo, but I agree with what you are saying about Shodipo. If possible Adomah should be kept on as a coach I feel.

QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

Hes scoring a lot of goals but had actually been a sub for the majority of their matches this season. Which is strange!! Maybe he runs out of stamina or just looks more like an impact player. Can he play left wing back?!!!
                        Starting eleven: 16, Substituted in: 12

Not bad going

Comment

Working...
                        X