Shodipo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shodipo

Scored again tonight , that’s 9 so far this season , impressive, he will probably be ready to be involved in our squad next season .

If he signs a contract extension in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      If he signs a contract extension in the summer.
      Didn’t realise he is out of contract this season , haven’t heard of him being offered a deal .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Didn’t realise he is out of contract this season , haven’t heard of him being offered a deal .
        Exactly, he may not have felt the love with us over the years! We hardly played him so he may prefer game time with a top L1 club. He's certainly found a level there.

Comment

He’s under contract till 2022 so time to get him
          signed up

Comment

Originally posted by Prenny View Post
            signed up
            That’s good news.

Comment

Originally posted by Prenny View Post
              signed up
              Oh - the 2021 contract relates to Oxford with our contract at the bottom of the page.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/olam...spieler/401268

Comment

MV unchanged since 16/17?

Comment

I'd release him this summer, 24 in July. Sadly not worked out for him. He had a good run under Hasselbaink, plenty of managers not rated him since at QPR.

3rd spell on loan at League 1 or 2.

Eze, one loan, 1st team player.
                  Chair, one loan , 1st team player.

Loan is to make them first team players when they return. Tough sport, one chance to impress, need to grab it.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
                    I'd release him this summer, 24 in July. Sadly not worked out for him. He had a good run under Hasselbaink, plenty of managers not rated him since at QPR.

Loan is to make them first team players when they return. Tough sport, one chance to impress, need to grab it.
                    I tend to agree with you. If we can get a transfer fee for him we all move on. He hasnt commanded a place in the championship but seems to have found his level at L1. Perhaps Oxford have another player we could take on PX

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

I’m not so sure this applies with Shodipo , his loans have come off the back of long injury lay offs that have probably resulted in him not developing at the pace of Eze and Chair .Time will tell though , 9 goals is a decent return so far, I’m sure the powers that be have been monitoring him.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I’m not so sure this applies with Shodipo , his loans have come off the back of long injury lay offs that have probably resulted in him not developing at the pace of Eze and Chair .Time will tell though , 9 goals is a decent return so far, I’m sure the powers that be have been monitoring him.
                        Good point there about fitness levels.

This prolonged injury free spell at Oxford will tell us a lot more about his ability than his previous loan spells.

Bring him back and play him in pre season games and offer him a new 2 year deal with an option to extend. He can possibly be the ideal replacement for BOS, but even if he doesn't there are bound to be some other League 1 outfits (Peterboro maybe) who will have noted what he is doing right now.

Comment

Return of goals is superb. However, rarely plays 90 minutes. Often on bench. He should starting every match at Oxford if we're to give him a fresh contract.

I think he has ability, not convinced by his application, therefore let him go.

Comment

Upto 10, pleased for him! Had a load of injuries, and tough competition over recent years! Could be pushing next season.

Comment

10 goals by a winger is impressive. Shodipo is the third best player in League One ranked by goal per minute ratio (114 minutes per goal). This is great for a player than itsn't even a striker.

I had more or less given up on him, but I don't rule out he might turn out having a good future in the game. We have the right to extend his contract for one more year. We have to pick that up by end of March the latest and I believe we will. If he does well in preseason we could well end up giving him a new contract. It will be same as for Dieng and Hämälainen back in September: If we intend to offer a player in his final season a new contract, the player will not be able to play before he has signed on the dotted line, in fear of others picking him up on the cheap if he performs well. We will therefore not spend next season with Shodipo in the squad, seeing how he performs, before considering a new contract. He either signs a new contract by end of the summer transfer window or he leaves. I have a feel we will sign him up on similar terms as the two others, meaning £2500-3000 a week or thereabout.

Giving him a new 3+1 year contract cannot go wrong in my book. If he does well for us, like Dieng - fantastic. If he does ok he might be a decent squad player at affordable salary. If he does not do that well he has proven enough in League One to be sold to a League One club or loaned out with most of the salary recouped. The downside is very small, and the upside for a player that has proven himself in League One, like Dieng did, very good.

Comment

Working...
                              X