• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pal View Post

Lets see if I can sum up the above;
    Anyone who's any good, is good in spite of MW
    Anyone who's crap, is crap because of MW

Not exactly fair IMHO
    Like I’ve said before , some fans are glass half full and some fans are glass half empty .

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

On paper a decent signing. Loan from a Premier League team for rest of season so welcome Stefan now where do we think we are going to play him and who will he replace. will we play 3-5-2 or something else.

Comment

What QPROslo tried to say is that Stefan Johansen(obviously) has become a few years older than he was when he roamed midfields throughout the country with Fulham and Celtic(scotland) some years ago. The Stefan Johansen of 2021 is more an organisator who spray passes from a deeper position. He is more a Sean Derry type of player, I guess.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
            What QPROslo tried to say is that Stefan Johansen(obviously) has been a few years older than he was when he roamed midfields throughout the country with Fulham and Celtic some years ago. The Stefan Johansen of 2021 is more a organisator who spray passes from a position. A Sean Derry type of player, I guess.
            That could be good if he is dictating play from a deep defensive position, but he will need players who will make good runs in the side. Bonne, Willock and Chair can do those, but I doubt that Austin and Dykes (who should be dropped imo) will make them.

Comment

Now we've got a Norwegian player can we find a Welsh one now? Blatant discrimination in our recruitment policy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

What he say ?
                Can you translate?
                F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                  Now we've got a Norwegian player can we find a Welsh one now? Blatant discrimination in our recruitment policy!!

George Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

That could be good if he is dictating play from a deep defensive position, but he will need players who will make good runs in the side. Bonne, Willock and Chair can do those, but I doubt that Austin and Dykes (who should be dropped imo) will make them.
                    We still need another midfielder in. Alex Prichard could be the answer.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by cocneycowboy View Post

George Thomas
                      Who? Lol

Oh yeah, although he was born in Leicester but its close enough with a name like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

More nonsense! Bonne has a decent record with every former manager. His goals have dried up under Warburton. Ditto with Dykes - he is NOT working his "magic" on these is he? Barbet has been a huge disappointment - he should be a dominant leader on the pitch but he's an inconsistent mouse - again, not seeing the Warburton "magic" at all with Barbet.

Adomah is irrelevant. He's an old man and is what he is. Same with Kane, nobody could make a footballer out of him. However, Warburton virtually ruined Lumley. His handling of Joe was frankly appalling, bordering on malicious and spiteful.... constantly playing a shell-shocked keeper who's confidence was manifestly shot.

Younger players have just naturally developed/matured over past couple of years. Eze and BOS were talented from the get go and just evolved. Same for Chair but I'm not actually convinced he's as effective as he ought to be. As for all our other "kids" they have been frankly useless and have not developed one iota and I doubt they are actually championship quality. I don't actually blame Warburton for that but you seem to want to pat him on the back simply for playing them (and quickly dropping them again).

Lastly, Hugill and Wells are experienced proven Championship scorers, Warburton played them during the "kamikaze phase" where we scored lots of goals and conceded even more. That brainless idiotic approach lasted a few months and hence Wells/Hugill boosted their goals record. Once we adopted a more sensible balanced shape the goals pretty much dried up for the pair of them.

The rest of the players are just performing how I'd expect a professional footballer to perform.

There is no compelling evidence that Warburton has some sort of knack for improving players. His overall record here and our league position certainly don't offer any evidence of this. I don't want to turn this thread into Warburton-bashing thread but you cannot expect to blithely say something like Warburton is good at getting the best out of players without getting challenged.

Whatever, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you think Warburton has skills and competencies that's fair enough - I think the opposite though. We should agree to disagree.
                        That kamikaze phase actually produced QPR's best form last season and took the side up to 8th in the table. When MW changed to a 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 and so on, QPR's form dipped and by the end of December had dropped down about 10 places!

We will never know how much higher they could have climbed sticking with that 'brainless idiotic approach'.

Comment

Working...
                        X