Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Warbs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Stainrod
    Silver Seat
    • Jan 2018
    • 3162

    #1

    Warbs

    Might be a bit controversial but how are we seeing his future now ? Last 3 away games Norwich , Luton , Cardiff 7 points from 9 , no goals conceded from open play .We are starting to look like a solid outfit . Question is at what point to we make a decision on his future , I don’t think we can wait until the end of the season , I’d imagine the likes of Cardiff , Millwall, Sheff Weds , Birmingham would rather have him than their current managers .We try to play a good brand of football on a small budget , compare that to the Cardiff style and I know what I’d prefer to watch .I’ve been frustrated by his stubborn team selections at times this season but we would never be able to afford the likes of Eddie Howe , so stick or twist ?
  • Leadham
    Apprentice
    • Jul 2010
    • 78

    #2
    I agree offer him a new two year contract. Through no fault of his own he has to build two virtually new teams in wo years - no time at all as lat seasons team broke apart due to departures and this seasons replacements took time to slowly gel and get better. Kokay, Dieng, Hammerlein, Masterson, Shipodo, all young players who have Played a part this year. He has little budget and not the full say on additions, played good football, is now fixing defence, built two teams, had little money to spend compared to elsewhere. I like our coaching set up too. Don’t want to lose that. We are slowly building a base of 8-12 players that with January and Summer windows might stretch to 15-18 really decent players. Then we can look to top 6-8 challenge. It would be insane to lose him as he has met the three goals he was sets: nuture talent for selling on and generating cash, introduce and bring on good young players and establish QPR as a ball to feet playing, strong mid table table club with a mix of developing youth and experience ready for the next two years contract which hopefully will see these targets changed to challenging for promotion. It takes time to build, we should all know that, so give him 4 years and judge him properly in years 3-4.

    Comment

    • LoftusRoadLad
      W12 Seat
      • Jan 2011
      • 19613

      #3
      Gotta be a stick. We have been so unlucky in front of goal (or useless) which ain't his fault.

      Comment

      • SheepRanger
        Administrator
        • Apr 2018
        • 8532

        #4
        Sign him up.

        As frustrating as things have been he works well with the Board and collectively they've tried to do the right things. And collectively they're addressing the short comings with additional signings. It wont be until the summer transfer window that the squad will be complete so he should be judged on next season. Before there's been too much player turnover to judge.

        One year extension with an option for a second based on a top ten finish season 21/22.

        Comment

        • MINCER
          Bronze Seat
          • May 2014
          • 703

          #5
          He’s here until the end of the season at least.Cant honestly see other teams coming in for him.

          Comment

          • Mem
            Referee
            • Aug 2009
            • 2386

            #6
            Really good post/posts

            Football is so fickle. I must admit before the Norwich game I was all for Warbs going.

            Now, I want him to extend his contract for the following reasons;

            He always acts with class and dignity despite the pressure
            He has demonstrated there is a plan b
            The style of football is attractive
            The players seem to want to play for him
            He appears to have the strength of character to challenge the board to ensure we sign players
            He gives youngsters a chance but only when they are ready
            Whilst not everyone agrees with his stance with out of contract players - it does send out a powerful message

            Comment

            • Stainrod
              Silver Seat
              • Jan 2018
              • 3162

              #7
              Originally posted by MINCER
              He’s here until the end of the season at least.Cant honestly see other teams coming in for him.
              A decision needs to be taken before then or there’s a good chance he will go elsewhere. Maybe the club has someone else in mind to take the baton on , I don’t know . He has had to deal with a lot of upheaval in his time here , now he has the loss of Caroll and Bos to deal with .

              Comment

              • stanistheman
                Platinum Seat
                • Mar 2009
                • 11151

                #8
                Good points by Leadham, but I still want to see how the team are doing going into March before talking about a new contract for him.

                It's easy to blame bad luck for missed chances, but ot was his formation and team selections that contributed largely to that. Bonne is clearly the more mobile and likely scorer yethas largely been used as a late sub whilst Dykes has been flogged as a lone striker.
                It took Warbuton 3 months before he changed to the formation many have called for and is now getting better results.

                By all means , if results continue in this way and QPR climb clrar of the bottom 6 , his contract should be extended.​​​

                Comment

                • Stainrod
                  Silver Seat
                  • Jan 2018
                  • 3162

                  #9
                  Originally posted by stanistheman
                  Good points by Leadham, but I still want to see how the team are doing going into March before talking about a new contract for him.

                  It's easy to blame bad luck for missed chances, but ot was his formation and team selections that contributed largely to that. Bonne is clearly the more mobile and likely scorer yethas largely been used as a late sub whilst Dykes has been flogged as a lone striker.
                  It took Warbuton 3 months before he changed to the formation many have called for and is now getting better results.

                  By all means , if results continue in this way and QPR climb clrar of the bottom 6 , his contract should be extended.​​​
                  I agree , I have shared those frustrations around team selection and formation, I have also been saying for a few months that Bonne has been under used compared to Dykes .Overall though we are starting to look like we are moving in the right direction.

                  Comment

                  • Riverwild
                    Apprentice
                    • Dec 2020
                    • 85

                    #10
                    Good manager. However, I think we can do better. I think the owners need to bring in a new coach with new ideas this summer. I've been calling for a good foreign coach for some time. I think this is what we need to do this summer. Lots of very good coaches in Europe and outside Europe. The owners need to be doing their due diligence on the up and coming coaching talent overseas. Instead of just looking in the UK.

                    We must widen the search for the next coach of QPR. The owner's target market for coaching talent is way too narrow-minded into. We need to break this pattern next time.

                    Comment

                    • Golborne
                      Apprentice
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 85

                      #11
                      and the many end up back there before they've unpacked their case. when off these msg boards, i don't know a Rangers fan (virtually all season ticket holders, so possibly biased by having endured many seasons of dross down the years) that's anything but really happy with the brand of football. Frustrated with the odd player, but more frustrated with the results. Consistently most laugh and say "i don't know why you waste your time looking at them" when I mention some of the stuff that gets thrown around on boards about our manager, players etc. I would hope everybody who comments on these boards is consistently watching these games every week, and I plead with them to also watch the opposition. There are many sides above us picking up points, but they are utterly shite, playing shite football. There but for the grace I'm not watching Cardiff, Millwall, Luton and more besides. I don't expect to win every week, let alone any silverware, but I want to watch my team play, or at least attempt to play the right way and MW has got them doing that. It's work in progress that I'd like to see continue and evolve.

                      Comment

                      • Rebel R's
                        King of Pessimism
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 12266

                        #12
                        Most wanted him sacked a few weeks ago now we want to extend his contract .
                        I think we should see where we are in 2-3 months time,IF we are in a decent position and look safe from the drop offer him an extra years contaract .no offence to Warburton but I dont see Chelsea or Real madrid coming in for him,it would be a huge mistake to offer him a new 2 year contract now,we could go another 10 games without a win and want him sacked again.do nothing for the moment

                        Comment

                        • Stainrod
                          Silver Seat
                          • Jan 2018
                          • 3162

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Rebel R's
                          Most wanted him sacked a few weeks ago now we want to extend his contract .
                          I think we should see where we are in 2-3 months time,IF we are in a decent position and look safe from the drop offer him an extra years contaract .no offence to Warburton but I dont see Chelsea or Real madrid coming in for him,it would be a huge mistake to offer him a new 2 year contract now,we could go another 10 games without a win and want him sacked again.do nothing for the moment
                          Nobody is talking Chelsea or Real Madrid but I reckon a few teams in the championship with bigger budgets than ours would take a punt on him should he become available.

                          Comment

                          • Undecided
                            Silver Seat
                            • Sep 2017
                            • 2077

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Rebel R's
                            Most wanted him sacked a few weeks ago now we want to extend his contract .
                            I think we should see where we are in 2-3 months time,IF we are in a decent position and look safe from the drop offer him an extra years contaract .no offence to Warburton but I dont see Chelsea or Real madrid coming in for him,it would be a huge mistake to offer him a new 2 year contract now,we could go another 10 games without a win and want him sacked again.do nothing for the moment
                            Spot on. Let's see the results for the next 5 or so games at least. 10+ points after 5 games extend, if not see what the trend is by then.

                            Comment

                            • Stainrod
                              Silver Seat
                              • Jan 2018
                              • 3162

                              #15
                              If my contract was due to expire in 3/4 months and my employer was making no moves to extend it , I would actively be looking for employment elsewhere already .Who knows I might even earn more elsewhere and have more chance of success.Maybe discussions are underway or maybe the club have decided to move in a different direction.

                              Comment

                              Working...