No announcement yet.

FFP Fine Reduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look, WE negotiated and accepted the punishment. I'm puzzled why anyone thinks EFL would do anything more than laugh in our faces if we now start whining about reducing the terms we thrashed out and agreed to???? Yeah, we can ask but that just makes us look wet in my view.

We either suck it up and get on with paying it off or just stop making payments and tell them to eff off and invite them to thrash it out in court. Given we seem to have gone some way to expunging our reputation as the idiots with too much money, I can't see point in antagonising "the football family" and ending up as a club that nobody would urinate on even if we were on fire again. I want us to be regarded as a progressive well-run financially and socially responsible football club that is respected amongst its peers.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      Look, WE negotiated and accepted the punishment. I'm puzzled why anyone thinks EFL would do anything more than laugh in our faces if we now start whining about reducing the terms we thrashed out and agreed to???? Yeah, we can ask but that just makes us look wet in my view.

We either suck it up and get on with paying it off or just stop making payments and tell them to eff off and invite them to thrash it out in court. Given we seem to have gone some way to expunging our reputation as the idiots with too much money, I can't see point in antagonising "the football family" and ending up as a club that nobody would urinate on even if we were on fire again. I want us to be regarded as a progressive well-run financially and socially responsible football club that is respected amongst its peers.

Jeez, I hope you're young enough to see that in your lifetime.

Doubt very much if I am, 56 tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post

Happy birthday for tomorrow.

I am considerably older then thou, but I hope I'll see our reputation improved.

Remember, there was a time when QPR were everyone's second favourite team

Comment

Well you're old enough to remember before 2007 when the clown Briatore turned us into an unliked shambles and, notwithstanding some ropey owners/financing in the several years before that, we were mostly well-regarded..... certainly nobody had much Ill will towards us.

Anyway, many happy returns!

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
            Could be a number of clubs , Middlesbrough have been very strong in playing by the rules and Luton had a massive points deduction years ago that sent them into non league.

Luton were punished for going into Admin 3 times in 5 years (an increasing points penalty) AND being found guilty of 50+ financial irregularities !

So lets not compare us with them.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              The club did fight it for a long time.
              Yes we did. And we lost the argument.

Comment

Belated happy birthday

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  Wasn't it a case of we honoured players contracts, which we have to do.
                  Not just that because we still signed players without properly offloading the ones on money that was ridiculous for a club our size irrespective of the league we were playing in. Face it, it was a disgraceful way of running the club and all the eggs were in the basket of getting back and staying in the Prem.

Yes, the fine was / is excessive, but I think it was still cheaper than the rule book that could have been thrown at the club. We didn't just break the rules, we obliterated them. The thing that really sits badly with me is that the club has had to saddle around 40% of the fine, whereas it should be the owners who took the gamble and should have paid it off at the time - they still could now.

So, well played Hoos for asking, and if Sheff Weds can get their punishments cut and Birmingham can get away with multiple "infringements", there should be scope for a reduction - there won't be though...

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Belated happy birthday
                    Cheers Dave,

As we all know, the best birthday is a birthday with 3 points.

Just a shame we weren't all there to see it.

Comment

Yeah at least you got that gift.
                      I've been watching footage from our past seasons, football without supporters is like non alcoholic beer.
                      It's still looks the same but it just doesn't cut it

Comment

Working...
                      X