Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wycombe Game Off

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wycombe Game Off

    COVID at Wycombe

  • #2
    Sign of the times sadly.
    No point moaning but typical as we have just had a good result at Luton.
    Fixtures in danger of piling up for some clubs.

    Comment


    • #3
      Silver lining? Time for some training.

      But shame if we lose impetus.

      Comment


      • #4
        What are the rules on these postponements? Certain number tested positive perhaps? Call me a cynical git but I've noticed it's mostly lower placed sides who have postponements. Fulham in the prem, coventry vs sheff weds is off, rotherham had some off now Wycombe.

        Comment


        • #5
          Bit gutted, our tails would have been up after Luton win , now a tough game at Cardiff Wednesday.

          Comment


          • #6
            This is getting ridiculous too many games getting cancelled now is it worth it even carrying on the season can see that teams will be playing games every couple of days at this rate.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Macca View Post
              This is getting ridiculous too many games getting cancelled now is it worth it even carrying on the season can see that teams will be playing games every couple of days at this rate.

              As you say, the fixtures are beginning to pile up and will get to the stage where we will either play games every two days or the season will need to carry on into June when the Euros will be played. This could lead to teams having to play weakened sides (if they have internationals in their squad).

              I would prefer if they just called a halt to the season now with no relegation or promotion and just start a new one in August/September when the vaccines have been given out and proven to be effective. Football without fans in the stadium just doesn't feel right. The games often lack passion, intensity and in some cases feel like practice or pre season friendlies with players just going through the motions.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by stanistheman View Post


                As you say, the fixtures are beginning to pile up and will get to the stage where we will either play games every two days or the season will need to carry on into June when the Euros will be played. This could lead to teams having to play weakened sides (if they have internationals in their squad).

                I would prefer if they just called a halt to the season now with no relegation or promotion and just start a new one in August/September when the vaccines have been given out and proven to be effective. Football without fans in the stadium just doesn't feel right. The games often lack passion, intensity and in some cases feel like practice or pre season friendlies with players just going through the motions.
                All makes sense but clubs need TV money to survive. We have no income at the turnstiles so sky /BT money is keeping clubs afloat right now .

                Comment


                • #9
                  a good tactical cancellation from a wycombe point of view

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rich View Post
                    What are the rules on these postponements? Certain number tested positive perhaps? Call me a cynical git but I've noticed it's mostly lower placed sides who have postponements. Fulham in the prem, coventry vs sheff weds is off, rotherham had some off now Wycombe.
                    I agree the rules seem a bit muddled as to when games can be called off. Derby and Villa played U23 sides in the cup last week, Rotherham played a weakened side against Barnsley 2 weeks ago and I know other clubs have had to do the same.

                    How many players need to be out with Covid 19 before the they can ask for a postponement? Obviously the smaller clubs will have less 1st 11 calibre players than others. The bigger clubs obviously have better sub benches than others, so will manage better with losing 2 or 3 1st choice players with Covid.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Should never have rushed to conclude last season and restart this season, like everything about $€ but had to conclude due to contracts ending etc. However the cups should of been abandoned to free up back log space why play a papa frigin John’s trophy ridiculous getting players playing 3 days apart not sustainable either small squads get punished why Man City pp games no idea they can field 3 sides This will get messy the more get called off

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I smell a Rat, surely they can get a side together!
                        To many organisations using this virus as an excuse.
                        F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!
                        .2.1.13.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

                          All makes sense but clubs need TV money to survive. We have no income at the turnstiles so sky /BT money is keeping clubs afloat right now .
                          I agree they need the income and then the other legal issues with players contracts etc, but they are risking the health of players and their families etc. Maybe they could negotiate a deal with the TV Broadcasters.

                          The Government has already stopped non elite sports (non Football League Games), perhaps they will do the same to all football if the numbers continue to rise. This could then lead to the season being extended, which would then see next season played with more games being crammed in to fulfil the 21/22 fixture list. I guess we will just have to put up with this mixed up season continuing to a conclusion.

                          I don't envy the clubs or the TV broadcasters in trying to sort out this mess.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                            Should never have rushed to conclude last season and restart this season, like everything about $€ but had to conclude due to contracts ending etc. However the cups should of been abandoned to free up back log space why play a papa frigin John’s trophy ridiculous getting players playing 3 days apart not sustainable either small squads get punished why Man City pp games no idea they can field 3 sides This will get messy the more get called off
                            I recall a few of us saying that the cup comps should not have taken place this season, just award an extra place from the league positions for the Europa League (only effects the top flights anyway).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by northampton rs View Post
                              I smell a Rat, surely they can get a side together!
                              To many organisations using this virus as an excuse.
                              Maybe they didn't want to come up against Charlie Austin!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X