Can't understand this complete meltdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't understand this complete meltdown

While I can understand the frustration of losing, I cannot really understand the complete meltdown on this site.

Looking up the value on Transfermarkt, the Fulham squad is valued at £220m. Our squad is valued at £24m. It is almost 10:1. There is not one single QPR player that would have gotten into the Fulham team today, with a possible exception of Dieng.

In light of the enourmous differences in value and league position, I was quite pleased to see that we matched Fulham throughout the first 90 min. We had the better chances and if we had just slightly better strikers we could have won comfortably against a Premiership team that drew against Liverpool a couple of weeks ago.

I think Barbet and Dickie were excellent against very decent strikers, and for periods Carroll was bossing the midfield. Ball, Cameron, Chair and BOS played ok. I think Kane did better than many give him credit for. He was reasonably solid defensively against Premiership opponents, and was very involved and took lots of initiatives and even though many crosses did not find the box he could have easily recorded an assist after his cross found Bonne totally unmarked in the box with plenty of time and space. I think Bettache did well when he came on. The less said about our strikers the better though.

We have more than matched Norwich and Fulham in our two recent matches and we have played fairly well. The problem is that we don't take our chances. If we get two experienced strikers on board this will turn out well. I have seen enough to think there are definitely three worse teams than ours provided we can better strikers onboard.

There hasn’t been a meltdown Oslo , it seems to me the majority understand that our finishing let us down today .It’s not unreasonable to discuss the fact the majority of our budget went on strikers that can’t hit a barn door . The team overall played well for 90 mins against a premier league side . Hopefully Austin coming in can inspire the others .

Comment

I didn't expect to win tbf.
      I watched it on iPlayer and for large parts of the game was bored with the lack of penetration and cutting edge.
      Accompanied with disbelief at how poor some of our players are.
      But agree none of ours would get in their team.
      I actually thought the best passer today was Dieng.
      Barbet was mom though

Comment

My gripe isn’t getting beat it’s about the following

1. our squad is limited we are not going to win this cup now most have played 120 mins and we need to play a more import game v Luton Tuesday
        2, whilst they had mitrovic Dykes has 1 goal from open play he looks woeful infront of goal yea he did well in Scotland but seriously he will get 4/5/6 chances a game up there
        3, although Bonne also guilty he has two from open play and less game time
        4, you have to question some of the signings Kane is dreadful couldn’t we find better because I’ve seen better non league

positives

should of won Austin coming back big lift and competition our cf need and hope will learn from him

Barbet and Dickie look decent last couple games

Dieng at last we have a keeper we can trust

Warburton has changed tactics last couple of games but luck we should of beat fools and Norwich so it’s not all doom and gloom

like most Warburton don’t personally sign all these given we look like recruiting a few safety is our sole aim not cups we have to get at least a win v Wycombe anything v Luton a bonus I’d take 4 points but we have to start taking chances is a realistic outlook of where we are this season.

Comment

I wasnt expecting a win and was overall pleased with the performances of many of the team, but disappointed with the finishing and also that Dykes stayed on whilst Bonne went off. Some good passes from Dykes but not enough movement compared to Bonne.

Kane was ok in defence, but his crossing was third rate at best.

I was also disappointed with the starting line up as I think this was a great opportunity to have a better look at some of the fringe players (2 or 3 could have been good) and a rest for the likes of Cameron and Dykes.

Comment

I agree with others Oslo, we did ok in the match but some glaring problems which have kept us without a win in months keep happening and that has to frustrate any fan, I don't think the anger was specific to this match, just the horrendous run of bad results!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

Thing is, many other lesser teams than us seem to be able to win a cup game. I'm interested to compare Todd Kane to Marine's RB later today too. Across our squad we seem to have an alarming amount of substandard players who struggle to do basics like pass straight or trap the ball. Yesterday's game and the season as a whole have kind of shone a light on this inadequacy and I suppose a lot of people watched on the iPlayer so it's inevitable there'd be a lot of follow-up posting. I think people are commenting on the state of the squad more than the actual result.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                Thing is, many other lesser teams than us seem to be able to win a cup game. I'm interested to compare Todd Kane to Marine's RB later today too. Across our squad we seem to have an alarming amount of substandard players who struggle to do basics like pass straight or trap the ball. Yesterday's game and the season as a whole have kind of shone a light on this inadequacy and I suppose a lot of people watched on the iPlayer so it's inevitable there'd be a lot of follow-up posting. I think people are commenting on the state of the squad more than the actual result.
                Spot on I’ve watched Chorley twice I could pick two players that would be better than what we have the CB bit like Aiden Flint and the rwb can get a ball over Todd Kane must of hit there winger or full back on the #### 25-30 times

and a key word in your view is BASICS if players have that you have something to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Spot on I’ve watched Chorley twice I could pick two players that would be better than what we have the CB bit like Aiden Flint and the rwb can get a ball over Todd Kane must of hit there winger or full back on the #### 25-30 times

and a key word in your view is BASICS if players have that you have something to work on.
                  A lot of what you say is true and the basics comes down to coaching, organisation and motivation. These are lacking imo and that is down to Warburton. He has failed to deal with these issues and as he said himself he sounds like a broken record repeating the same things. I don't think our strikers are particularly good, but they are not as bad as their performance last night would suggest. They are lacking confidence big time. Someone like Warnock or Pearson would instantly shake these players up and get them performing to their capabilities.

Comment

This is a good point, the game being on I-Player really showed to a bigger audience how Poor our squad is.
                    This team have got away with murder with no fans in attendance.
                    F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

We just don't bust a gut when we lose the ball , chair and dykes will try and close down don't see us do it as a unit. We don't move the ball quickly enough , over play it and lack urgency . Strikers lack composure and snatch at chances

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

A lot of what you say is true and the basics comes down to coaching, organisation and motivation. These are lacking imo and that is down to Warburton. He has failed to deal with these issues and as he said himself he sounds like a broken record repeating the same things. I don't think our strikers are particularly good, but they are not as bad as their performance last night would suggest. They are lacking confidence big time. Someone like Warnock or Pearson would instantly shake these players up and get them performing to their capabilities.
                        I’m only speaking from someone who’s done fa badges etc and scouts regional now but this is a pretty good guide as to what will happen

played 120 mins yesterday so today at most will be video prep for Tuesday realistically a day off so tomorrow will be be light training or video prep on Luton system formation etc

the time to train will likely be Thursday for Saturday and with this season being compressed it’s more about rest recovery so training is less likely to be intense and that’s what we need. In reality games we expect to lose we’re better off looking at fixtures that are key and imperative we’re geared up shape system formation for those. Which goes back if you have the basics to start it’s easier but we seem to have cobbled a squad of tactics basics missing players and in the championship or higher you get punished. Hopefully by bringing in Austin who given 2 chances he takes one I’ve not seen a pair of full backs or cf so poor in a pro side 1 yeah happens but we got 4 fb who are poor and 2 x cf that lack composure Which considering Les scouted them plus Washington and Sylla questions his scouting abilities.

Comment

Another three or four more signings to come

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...-complete-move

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

I’m only speaking from someone who’s done fa badges etc and scouts regional now but this is a pretty good guide as to what will happen

played 120 mins yesterday so today at most will be video prep for Tuesday realistically a day off so tomorrow will be be light training or video prep on Luton system formation etc

the time to train will likely be Thursday for Saturday and with this season being compressed it’s more about rest recovery so training is less likely to be intense and that’s what we need. In reality games we expect to lose we’re better off looking at fixtures that are key and imperative we’re geared up shape system formation for those. Which goes back if you have the basics to start it’s easier but we seem to have cobbled a squad of tactics basics missing players and in the championship or higher you get punished. Hopefully by bringing in Austin who given 2 chances he takes one I’ve not seen a pair of full backs or cf so poor in a pro side 1 yeah happens but we got 4 fb who are poor and 2 x cf that lack composure Which considering Les scouted them plus Washington and Sylla questions his scouting abilities.
                            In a nut shell isn't your point "If they haven't got the basics, what are they doing in the Championship"?

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

In a nut shell isn't your point "If they haven't got the basics, what are they doing in the Championship"?
                              That and what did we see in them to sign them, Todd Kane at Chelsea what pensioners hopeless not just him We signed two lb in summer Wallace Niko and we’re looking at another one now that’s poor Niko ok as back up that’s all Wallace finished may as well pay off injured or woeful and for me he’s better option than Niko.

Comment

Working...
                              X