DYKES and BONNE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I think it was the right decision to bring in our own strikers in the summer . We all would have expected at least one of them to have done better at this stage of the season . Having loaned Wells and Hugil in previous seasons , we know how short term that can be and that they can be called back and sold to someone else at short notice and leaving you short . The plan B is now needed which is Austin the experienced loan Hopefully he will do the business and also improve the strikers we have that will be training with him every day . Let’s not forget the clubs plans are to buy at reasonable prices , develop and sell on , I’m sure the club don’t want to many loan players but our current league position leaves us no choice.
    Not sure the fixtures list will allow much of that.

Comment

I really hope we can bring in another striker or at least a midfielder with some goals in him. Josh Sims from Soton has been mentioned. But ideally I want a player with routine at this level.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Nobody has said that , Dykes has been playing all season and scored 1 goal from open play and has been poor . Bonne has started a handful of games compared to him and gets in better scoring positions.He has also missed chances but hasn’t been given the games Dykes has.
        I agree with you. It is unfair to compare the 2 players when one has been an almost ever present and the other a bit part player. Bonne has 2 from open play compared to Dykes' 1.

Let's judge Bonne after he has started 10 games.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
          Just read that Ilias Chair is in the top 10 in Europe for creating chances but hasn't a single assist all season!! tells you all you need to know about our strikers!
          That's interesting especially as there are a lot of fans on here complaining about Chair. Imo he is playing quite well but is being let down by his team mates, who either miss the chances or don't make the runs that the likes of Eze and Wells did last season. His corners and free kicks leave a lot to be desired though.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post

You haven't answered the Samuel miss against Norwich which we could have come away with 3 points, which is more important than going out of the cup.
            I agree that his miss lost us the 3 points at Norwich and another cost us a point against Bristol City, but Dykes' misses (Bonne also) have also cost us points in plenty of other games.

None of our strikers have shown that they possess the ability that Wells or even Hugill (who both missed sitters last season) have.

Maybe Austin will still be fit enough (preferably alongside Dykes, Bonne or another striker) to play and score the goals we need to win games.

Comment

I don't think I can teach composure in front of goal or accuracy , u either have it or u don't .

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                I don't think I can teach composure in front of goal or accuracy , u either have it or u don't .
                You're correct you can't teach it, but confidence is a very big factor in strikers.

I recall Helgusson's spell at QPR when we signed him on a permanent deal and he couldn't hit a cow's ass with a banjo, then we loaned him out to Watford, where he started scoring again. Warnock recalled him for the following season and he was superb for us.

Going even further back, we had a striker called Tony Sealy who was shocking in the first half of the season, but something clicked in Jan/Feb and he couldn't stop scoring and kept Clive Allen out of the side that won the Division under Venables' management.

I blame Warburton for not giving Bonne a fair crack of the whip and for flogging Dykes by playing him almost every game as a lone striker when things are not going well. This has drained their confidence and we are seeing the consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

You're correct you can't teach it, but confidence is a very big factor in strikers.

I recall Helgusson's spell at QPR when we signed him on a permanent deal and he couldn't hit a cow's ass with a banjo, then we loaned him out to Watford, where he started scoring again. Warnock recalled him for the following season and he was superb for us.

Going even further back, we had a striker called Tony Sealy who was shocking in the first half of the season, but something clicked in Jan/Feb and he couldn't stop scoring and kept Clive Allen out of the side that won the Division under Venables' management.

I blame Warburton for not giving Bonne a fair crack of the whip and for flogging Dykes by playing him almost every game as a lone striker when things are not going well. This has drained their confidence and we are seeing the consequences.
                  Spot on!

QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

They were both good today, Austin makes Dykes a better player, Dykes worked his ass off and that should help Austin, thankfully Bonne finished the clear chance one on one with the keeper cooly slotted home, hopefully that helps his confidence!
                    @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Brilliant post.

Comment

Well done to both Dykes & Boone for last night. Dykes played a good game and linked up well with Austin (but missed a good one on one) and Bonne showed cool composure and took his chance expertly.
                        Their performances should help them get some confidence back and kick start their season.

Comment

Working...
                        X