Flavio.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flavio.....

Does anyone else miss the days of Flavio and Co?

A right old git but we had some success.

Nope

Comment

Nope - it is down to those days that we are where we are now

Comment

He was a nutter but he had a business plan that worked unfortunately he sold it to a complete berk who couldn't run a bath,

Comment

No, they were a nightmare with no regard for anyone but themselves.

They did get us promoted but then left us in the brown stuff having made sure we had no time to recruit. They would have lost interest and got out one way or another years ago. Things have been dire at times under Tony & Co but at least they seem to have some integrity and continuing interest in the long term future of the club. Would rather that than people who would drop us without a second thought and possibly even have ended the club if it suited them.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

They did get us promoted but then left us in the brown stuff having made sure we had no time to recruit. They would have lost interest and got out one way or another years ago. Things have been dire at times under Tony & Co but at least they seem to have some integrity and continuing interest in the long term future of the club. Would rather that than people who would drop us without a second thought and possibly even have ended the club if it suited them.
            Yes, and during the short time we had to recruit in the Prem after they sold us, we bought in players on height wages over long contracts. Signing like SWP and Barton had a huge impact on us for many years after.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

They did get us promoted but then left us in the brown stuff having made sure we had no time to recruit. They would have lost interest and got out one way or another years ago. Things have been dire at times under Tony & Co but at least they seem to have some integrity and continuing interest in the long term future of the club. Would rather that than people who would droVery well said!p us without a second thought and possibly even have ended the club if it suited them.
              Very well said!

Comment

The 4 year plan was a good watch tho
                You Rsssssss

Comment

They never got us promoted Amet Bharti did when fatso had to hand the running of the team him

Comment

Ruined our first games back in the Prem with outrageous ticket prices. £50+!!!!! We couldn't even sell out stadium for opening game against Bolton.

Comment

They days when Bernie said that there was too much water for the players and too many flowers. Must cut down spending on water bottles!!

Comment

bring on gavin mahon

Comment

The business was run on a tighter ship with the previous owners. They knew how to run a profitable business. I will not forgive the previous owners for selling the business to Fernandes and co. Disastrous decision. They should have sold the business to Mittal. Fact is they ran the business much better than the current idiots we have now.

No way would the business be in the cash flow problems we have now if the previous owners were still in charge. I think they would have kept us in the premier league.

They also would not have made the crazy decision to appoint Les Ferdinand as Director of Football. The previous owners were not popular. But one thing I admired about Briatore, he was decisive. He did not mess around when he needed to make a decision for the club.

I think we need a hard-nosed owner of QPR as the next owners of the business. The current owners have done some good things for the club. But they lack decisive judgment and are in my opinion way too nice and weak.

We need stronger owners next time.

Comment

Agree with much said by the Fox and Sheep , but also some points by Riverwild.

I attribute much of our problems down to the previous owners for how they ruined our promotion, pre season and start, then selling to Fernandes.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverwild View Post
                              The business was run on a tighter ship with the previous owners. They knew how to run a profitable business. I will not forgive the previous owners for selling the business to Fernandes and co. Disastrous decision. They should have sold the business to Mittal. Fact is they ran the business much better than the current idiots we have now.

No way would the business be in the cash flow problems we have now if the previous owners were still in charge. I think they would have kept us in the premier league.

They also would not have made the crazy decision to appoint Les Ferdinand as Director of Football. The previous owners were not popular. But one thing I admired about Briatore, he was decisive. He did not mess around when he needed to make a decision for the club.

I think we need a hard-nosed owner of QPR as the next owners of the business. The current owners have done some good things for the club. But they lack decisive judgment and are in my opinion way too nice and weak.

We need stronger owners next time.
                              But when extra funding was required it was Ruben who provided it, not the Mittals. From that funding Ruben's shareholding increased when Fernandes's reduced.

I know there's a massive love-in over the Mittals but they havent shown any interest to be anything other minority shareholders. This probably comes from Amit who gives it the charm offensive when it suits then hides when it doesnt.

Its Ruben that needs our thanks for propping this club up post Fernandes.

Comment

Working...
                              X