No announcement yet.

Dieng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DILLON Barnes has been recalled from his loan spell at Hibernian.

Wots in the works ??

Comment

Might be that Lumley is joining Doncaster in a swap deal for their midfielder we are interested in, rather than Dieng going.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
        Might be that Lumley is joining Doncaster in a swap deal for their midfielder we are interested in, rather than Dieng going.
        Yep makes sense .

Comment

If we get a decent offer for Dieng he will be sold and hopefully we could use that money to further rebalance the squad. Kelly in goal with Barnes as back up would do, but not as good as Dieng and Kelly. But its cash to sort out other positions where we are clearly lacking.

Back up keepers dont seem to get much money but if there was a £3m offer plus add ons I'm sure Dieng will be on his way. Lumley was once talked about at this level and all keepers are only a few games away from being regarded as utterly useless. Take the money if it's on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
            Good work by the board to give him a 4 year deal in the summer then .
            True, they got that one correct!

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
              I hope that is the reason too.

QPR should keep Dieng for now but also start looking for another keeper in case they choose to cash in on him in a year or two. It is quite clear that we dont have a suitable replacement to cash in now.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                If we get a decent offer for Dieng he will be sold and hopefully we could use that money to further rebalance the squad. Kelly in goal with Barnes as back up would do, but not as good as Dieng and Kelly. But its cash to sort out other positions where we are clearly lacking.

Back up keepers dont seem to get much money but if there was a £3m offer plus add ons I'm sure Dieng will be on his way. Lumley was once talked about at this level and all keepers are only a few games away from being regarded as utterly useless. Take the money if it's on the table.
                £3m you must be joking?

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

£3m you must be joking?
                  I agree, £3 million even in todays climate seems low.

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

I agree, £3 million even in todays climate seems low.
                    That wouldnt even buy 2 of the players we have been linked with - Whiteman and Watters. We would need a fee of nearer £6-8m plus add ons just to buy those two and a CB.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

£3m you must be joking?

Have a look at GK transfer fees for this season and let me know how much you think he's worth and which transfer you would benchmark Dieng's value to. Also, he's only got half a seasons championship experience behind him. Remember I said plus add ons which could take the fee up to £10m based on achievements £3m on the hip is a great deal.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/prem...wettbewerb/GB1

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Have a look at GK transfer fees for this season and let me know how much you think he's worth and which transfer you would benchmark Dieng's value to. Also, he's only got half a seasons championship experience behind him. Remember I said plus add ons which could take the fee up to £10m based on achievements £3m on the hip is a great deal.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/prem...wettbewerb/GB1

My point is that £3m is not going to help QPR buy the players they need to strengthen the team in January. Selling Dieng for that amount would just weaken any already fragile team. The add ons wouldn't be achieved in time to be of any use to QPR in the next 12 months.

A £5m down payment. , preferably a deal to keep him on loan for the rest of the season would be a more tempting offer.

Comment

Working...
                        X