Dieng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dieng

Arsenal, palace and Leeds apparently looking at him.

Originally posted by shanns View Post
    Good work by the board to give him a 4 year deal in the summer then .

Comment

£15m cash on delivery.- going going gone!

Comment

This is exactly what happened with Smithies, we let him go for cheap and fail to bring it a suitable replacement.

anyway, why would he want to move to those clubs when he is only going to be a number 2 compared to being a first choice here?

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
          This is exactly what happened with Smithies, we let him go for cheap and fail to bring it a suitable replacement.

anyway, why would he want to move to those clubs when he is only going to be a number 2 compared to being a first choice here?
          It’s paper talk , calm down , he hasn’t gone anywhere and he certainly hasn’t gone on the cheap .Where is the credit for the board for giving him a long term deal in the summer . Posters on here are very quick to say Kakay and Nico aren’t worthy of long term deals .

Comment

We’ve at last found our number goalkeeper so we must keep him

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

It’s paper talk , calm down , he hasn’t gone anywhere and he certainly hasn’t gone on the cheap .Where is the credit for the board for giving him a long term deal in the summer . Posters on here are very quick to say Kakay and Nico aren’t worthy of long term deals .
              Those 3+1 deals were great and will hopefully stop players leaving on the cheap. But they need to peak in season two to get maximum transfer value.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                £15m cash on delivery.- going going gone!
                And the rest !!

Comment

That kid that Leeds have in goal is useless - they deffo need a new keeper. Thing is, we don't really know how good Dieng is. Obviously, he looks fantastic after our recent GKs being a bit wobbly but I can't say I look at him and think Wow!!! He just seems confident and reasonably competent at this stage. So, if a club offer us a fat fee I'd bite their hand off and buy a cheap replacement.
                  You have to remember that we are a selling club. We absolutely must accept any big offer for any of our players... it generates the money to offer new recruits 4 or 5 year contracts and plant the seeds for future sales and profits.

Comment

I’ll give Dieng his credit I watched him for Donny and he was outstanding why we had calamity Lumley and jelly Kelly was beyond me

The board have done some decent work and equally some questionable to be fair, personally if we got 18 months between lost Dieng I’d be amazed his handling is superb does not punch when he can catch and has a calmness we’ve not had for many a season

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

£££s

Comment

It looked like a gamble to give Dieng, Kakay and Hämälainen 3+1 year contracts. Dieng had not played one single match for the club, so many were very skeptical. As I have said a couple of times before, if just one of these three players become a regular for the club the overall deal for all three is good, as the salaries are very modest. If we can sell Dieng for a substantial fee this can turn out to be very smart business.

The comparison with Smithies does not make sense. Smithies had a year left of his contract and was sold for £3.5m. 12 months later he would be worth nothing to us. In a situation where the club had to cut costs and raise as much money from selling players as possible, to avoid breaching FFP rules again, it was a no brainer, whatever some people seems to think. Dieng is a very different story. With a 3+1 year contract we have the upper hand and can wait for a good bid. But to avoid running into the same sitiation as with Smith we need to renew the contract latest 2022 or sell by that time.

Comment

Big big Big mistake to let him go.

Comment

He won't go unless he likes the idea of splinters. This is his first season at this level. If he wants to move with a chance of first team football in a top league he needs to excel over a couple of seasons first in the Championship. So far so good this season but I personally think that short term financial gain aside it would be a bad move for him and us for him to go. He is doing well and will continue to improve with regular first team football.

Comment

Originally posted by shanns View Post
                              and now Dillon Barnes is being recalled

Comment

Working...
                              X