Got to be happy with that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
    I do wonder about people calling for Kelman and Bettache that they have seen playing for about 10 mins each .
    I agree that we haven't seen much of them, but we never will if the manager never plays them!
    They can't be worse than Dykes and Cameron can they?

Comment

Only way MW will keep us up is if that bloody american becomes covid cameron, he is fit and will survive we just desperately need him to go quarantine for the sake of our survival
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post

Yep me too. It's probably the same people who were constantly banging the drum for Nico to be in the team, as if he was some sort of wonder player, he's not and neither are they.
        I want a chance to see what Kelman & Bettache can do. It may not be much but Kelman can't possibly do worse than Dykes 1 goal from open play in aprox 18 starts.

Cameron has very little to offer creatively and is too slow, so let's get a proper look at Bettache (if he is not good get shot of him in the summer) .

As for Hamalainen, I never really rated him, but wanted to see if he was better than Wallace. Giving him a 4 year deal without really seeing him play at this level of football was seemingly yet another error by the so called Director of Football.

As I said previously, on another night a point at Norwich would have been very welcome and well done for that, but seeing Wycombe, Sheffield Weds, Derby, Luton, Barnsley and Huddersfield win, it only makes or league position weaker and buys more time for Warburton to get QPR further into the relegation mire. In my view he is unlikely to get QPR winning matches playing his way of football and keeping Bonne, Kelman & Bettache on the bench. At least bring them off the bench and give them 30 mins to see what they could be capable of.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

A point at Norwich would normally be a very welcome result, unfortunately last night's results went against QPR.
          Also, it has probably bought Warburton a few more games in charge, by which time potential candidates to replace him like Pearson or Cook will maybe get employment elsewhere like Sheffield Weds.

It also means that Warburton is likely to stick with playing Dykes up front and Cameron in midfield.
          It could be looked at that this result was the worse thing that could've happened.
          Of course if it's the start of a 10 game unbeaten run where we win 6 or 7 then it will be viewed differently.

Comment

Originally posted by timscott View Post
            God help us! That was a very good performance against a team who look like they might walk this league... but still the endless whining from the same sources continues.

The problem is simple: we are capable of defending well, we shift the ball forward well, the passing and movement is some of the best in this league, but we lost Wells, Eze and (to a lesser extent) Hugill, so we are very short up front. We are relying on one player (BOS) for pace and bite instead of three or four. Warnock was lucky to have three expensive and, at that time, fringe Prem players (Adel, Routledge and Kyle Walker) pulling defences all over the place.

The only conclusions you can reach are: we are on a bad run (big deal, we've seen it before, it usually turns around); Warburton has pulled off a minor miracle in achieving what he has with what he's got (so there's no point going on about what he doesn't have and replacing him with a clogger like Pulis); we have no money any more (a point that hasn't quite sunk in with some) and are reliant on luck, miracles and taking chances on unproven players (which mostly won't work out well).

We are where we are, but it is obvious that something good is being built here, at last. Some sharpness and pace up front and we will be a very good side indeed.
            On a bad run, are you kidding. 21 games is almost half the season?

Yes, we lost some very good attacking players, but he is by and large sticking with the same line up and formation that creates too few clear scoring chances, concedes way too many goals, scores near enough 1 or less per game and yet he makes almost the same type of after match comments.

Yes,we have no money,neither do most of the others in this league. Look how many games the likes of Luton Barnsley Huddersfield Preston have won those season compared to us. Sheaf Weds are only below us because of a points deduction.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

It could be looked at that this result was the worse thing that could've happened.
              Of course if it's the start of a 10 game unbeaten run where we win 6 or 7 then it will be viewed differently.
              If it's the start of an unbeaten run of 10 games I will eat my hat!

Comment

I think I'll be keeping the lid on the mayo for a while...

We've got Derby and Forest between us and the bottom three though - two clubs that have done everything people on here want to see: revolving doors in the managerial offices, extravagant expenditure, 'big' names brought in, ambitions demonstrated... and a hatful of nothing to show for it.

See, could be far worse!

And if we do what some on here suggest, it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

If it's the start of an unbeaten run of 10 games I will eat my hat!
                  I'll eat the ice box

Comment

God help us! That was a very good performance against a team who look like they might walk this league... but still the endless whining from the same sources continues.

The problem is simple: we are capable of defending well, we shift the ball forward well, the passing and movement is some of the best in this league, but we lost Wells, Eze and (to a lesser extent) Hugill, so we are very short up front. We are relying on one player (BOS) for pace and bite instead of three or four. Warnock was lucky to have three expensive and, at that time, fringe Prem players (Adel, Routledge and Kyle Walker) pulling defences all over the place.

The only conclusions you can reach are: we are on a bad run (big deal, we've seen it before, it usually turns around); Warburton has pulled off a minor miracle in achieving what he has with what he's got (so there's no point going on about what he doesn't have and replacing him with a clogger like Pulis); we have no money any more (a point that hasn't quite sunk in with some) and are reliant on luck, miracles and taking chances on unproven players (which mostly won't work out well).

We are where we are, but it is obvious that something good is being built here, at last. Some sharpness and pace up front and we will be a very good side indeed.
                    I think you got this spot on and it is exactly as i see it.
                    Manager doing a good job under the circumstances.
                    Quite a few supporters think we have at least 7 of our first team players who are 1st or even 2nd division standard, so we are pushing above our capabilities.

i think we have created enough chances in games and really need a finisher and we'll be ok to fight for another season.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

OK, you could of course look at it that way also, we the supporters could ruin their confidence etc. The solution must be to bring in a few loans then..That`s needed.

Spot on

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        Only way MW will keep us up is if that bloody american becomes covid cameron, he is fit and will survive we just desperately need him to go quarantine for the sake of our survival
                        You are a cruel person to wish that on anyone ( i know a couple of friends suffering thro it ) never mind our own player

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          You some sort of prat & could say a lot worse regarding that comment of Cameron, thought more of you but obviously your a F in Moron saying that

Comment

I don't think it's fair to compare Dykes' shift with Bonne's efforts. We were mostly under the cosh with not much forward intent for large parts of the game. Wasn't it well over an hour til our first corner? By the time Bonne came on the game had become far more stretched and open and he had it easier than Dykes in my view.
                            Dont get me wrong, Dykes is a concern..... maybe reverese the roles and see how Dykes fares coming on for last 20/25 minutes against a tiring/stretched defence?

Comment

I think I'll be keeping the lid on the mayo for a while...

We've got Derby and Forest between us and the bottom three though - two clubs that have done everything people on here want to see: revolving doors in the managerial offices, extravagant expenditure, 'big' names brought in, ambitions demonstrated... and a hatful of nothing to show for it.

See, could be far worse!

And if we do what some on here suggest, it will be.
                              Far worse?
                              Derby have a game in hand and 1 point behind. We play them in a few weeks time
                              Forest are 2 points behind after a far worse start than ours. We still have to visit them where we have a 75% loss record and only 1 win from 34 or so games.

My guess it won't be much longer before we are looking up at them, and Sheff Weds in the table. With a bit of luck perhaps Birmingham and Coventry will drop below us.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                                I don't think it's fair to compare Dykes' shift with Bonne's efforts. We were mostly under the cosh with not much forward intent for large parts of the game. Wasn't it well over an hour til our first corner? By the time Bonne came on the game had become far more stretched and open and he had it easier than Dykes in my view.
                                Dont get me wrong, Dykes is a concern..... maybe reverese the roles and see how Dykes fares coming on for last 20/25 minutes against a tiring/stretched defence?
                                Fair point. I would like to see Bonne alongside Kelman for 70 mins and then bring Dykes on.

Comment

Working...
                                X