No announcement yet.

My Thoughts on Warburton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big and only question here is not what other managers are available, or QPR's history of changing them out with frequency, but rather what short- and long-term damage is MW causing us? The answer, I am afraid, is "considerable". If we drop down to League 1, that's going to cost us big at a time when we are already hemorrhaging money due to the pandemic. If we continue to suffer bad football, and the manager stubbornly refuses to change his ways, the cost of destroying team morale will be matched by the incalculable loss of fan support.

If you're running this like a business, and the CEO is doing a bad job, the shareholders would demand he/she be fired. Well, we the fans ARE major shareholders in this club, so why would we demand anything less?

Yes, Warbs is a nice and decent guy. Yes, we've blown through managers like Messi blows past defenders. But if we lose the next two games, and the Board makes no move, fans unlike the posters on this site will be moving on. Perhaps permanently.

Comment

They would be the same 'fans' who dropped out when we are relegated before - the club is better off without them. The whining caused by their sense of entitlement to following 'A BIG CLUB' drags everyone else down.

Comment

Originally posted by timscott View Post
        They would be the same 'fans' who dropped out when we are relegated before - the club is better off without them. The whining caused by their sense of entitlement to following 'A BIG CLUB' drags everyone else down.
        I don’t think many on here can be accused of following a big club most fans on here it’s been in family etc well is for me. Recently you watch and go ain’t paying £10 again and then you look at tv tonight and think £10 to be less depressed than watching Eastenders

we’re in a mess at present it’s not through a lack of trying it’s lack of ability

Comment

Originally posted by timscott View Post
          I don’t believe any of us has a ‘sense of entitlement to following ‘A BIG CLUB’.... far from it in fact. Supporting this club is a true labour of love and I applaud each and every one of our fans. The fact that some of us have real concerns about the club and where’s it’s going doesn’t make us fickle it makes us completely the opposite - we LOVE QPR so we are bound to be concerned about the club’s welfare and long term future. Getting relegated to L1 simply is not an option - it HAS to be avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
            We have had 13 managers in 13 years. Frequent change of manager has clearly not worked. Why do someone think more of the same (frequent change) is the answer? I advocate a change, and that id sticking with the manager we have. Lets back Warburton. I think the big problem is the quality of the squad, and in particular strikers. Had we had Wells and Hugill instead of Dykes and Bonne we would be mid table and fans would be happy. Lets sign some solid reinforcements in January and evaluate in May.
            He cant sign anyone in January if you listen to the manager. If we get one player in then thats all it will be. And what would you sign for us if you were half decent? Getting involved in a relegation battle is hardly a great way to convince someone to join us.

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

I don’t believe any of us has a ‘sense of entitlement to following ‘A BIG CLUB’.... far from it in fact. Supporting this club is a true labour of love and I applaud each and every one of our fans. The fact that some of us have real concerns about the club and where’s it’s going doesn’t make us fickle it makes us completely the opposite - we LOVE QPR so we are bound to be concerned about the club’s welfare and long term future. Getting relegated to L1 simply is not an option - it HAS to be avoided.
              Spot on league 1 will be a financial blow that may prove one too many. The loss of sky revenue having to enter a tin pot cup on a squad that’s not very good and probable departure of Dieng Dickie and whoever else stands out personally I don’t think chairs all that lad can’t cross. Wages at present were geared up for l1 on sky revenue there’s bigger fish in l1 than us already and clubs with better directors that make our rabble look like felony and Rodney were dicing with l1 due to recruitment being poor as much as poor coaching

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                We have had 13 managers in 13 years. Frequent change of manager has clearly not worked. Why do someone think more of the same (frequent change) is the answer? I advocate a change, and that id sticking with the manager we have. Lets back Warburton. I think the big problem is the quality of the squad, and in particular strikers. Had we had Wells and Hugill instead of Dykes and Bonne we would be mid table and fans would be happy. Lets sign some solid reinforcements in January and evaluate in May.
                A manager a year is par for the course in Championship.... It's completely normal. Shape up or ship out. Warburton is about 5th on the longest serving managers list of the current Championship teams, he's had a good innings. He has made it abundantly clear he cannot work at this level (bottom half Championship with limited resources) so he has to go.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

I don’t think many on here can be accused of following a big club most fans on here it’s been in family etc well is for me. Recently you watch and go ain’t paying £10 again and then you look at tv tonight and think £10 to be less depressed than watching Eastenders

we’re in a mess at present it’s not through a lack of trying it’s lack of ability
                  Spot on. We aren't and never will be a big club. That's why we have true supporters unlike many other clubs. The fans who chose not to come back after relegation from the premier league were the same ones who didnt come before we got promoted. We dont need fans like that. For the most part we are bang average with a bit to get excited about in the middle for a bit then back to average again. I can live with that in the current set up of the football pyramid.

I hate the premier league and all the show ponies that represent it. Its non contact, full of cheaters and divers and when we throw in var, it's become a pantomime. Everything is stopped and looked at, in the hope of finding a fingernail offside or a thread pulled on a shirt in the penalty box. They can leave all that #### where it is. I'll take the championship all day!!

Comment

Totally agree with that. The Prem is only worth it for the cash - if you can hold onto it and not do a Fulham. For the most part, the football is cagey and mechanically efficient. Horrible.

The 'fans' I'm talking about are the ones who couldn't be arsed when we were in the third division and who suddenly reappeared when we went up to the Championship. The away support changed horribly that year.

On another note, Jeff Stelling is saying that Pulis probably got sacked for telling the board some home truths...

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Would you be interest if you were Eddie Howe, I think we’d have more interest from Eddie the eagle edwards
                      Is that a reference to going downhill fast?

Comment

Or could be that performances would take off under new manager?!!!

Comment

The longer this goes on the nastier things could turn out for the owners. I think the fans are turning and want them out. They best take action now. Or they will be driven out of the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverwild View Post
                            The longer this goes on the nastier things could turn out for the owners. I think the fans are turning and want them out. They best take action now. Or they will be driven out of the club.
                            You should have been criticising the owners when they were spunking millions on Boswinga , Swp , Barton etc . Not now when they are trying to make the club sustainable. The manager is under achieving not the owners .

Comment

Get rid of the owners when they are subsidising the club to the tune of £1m per month AND paying off the FFP fine?

What new owners would pick up that tab, or would TF &Co simply pay off the rest of the fine and walk away, new owners to pick up the monthly tab?

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                                Get rid of the owners when they are subsidising the club to the tune of £1m per month AND paying off the FFP fine?

What new owners would pick up that tab, or would TF &Co simply pay off the rest of the fine and walk away, new owners to pick up the monthly tab?
                                And have just purchased a new training ground .We are lucky to have them , if they walked we’d be straight into administration.

Comment

Working...
                                X