Just a thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought

Is it time to upgrade Eustace from first team coach to manager ? Knows the squad will cost very little will have seen the areas that need improving.

Originally posted by Deridene View Post
    Is it time to upgrade Eustace from first team coach to manager ? Knows the squad will cost very little will have seen the areas that need improving.
    As long as he is prepared to tinker with the system and not be stubborn, that could well be the clubs next move .

Comment

The main objective is getting shot of Warburton, I don't want mission-creep and other tasks getting in the way. However, given how useless the whole team is, and how poor the "kids" coming into the first team squad have been, I'm very minded to cull the entire coaching staff. The concept of promoting any of the encumbents who have had a hand in this shambles seems badly flawed to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
        The main objective is getting shot of Warburton, I don't want mission-creep and other tasks getting in the way. However, given how useless the whole team is, and how poor the "kids" coming into the first team squad have been, I'm very minded to cull the entire coaching staff. The concept of promoting any of the encumbents who have had a hand in this shambles seems badly flawed to me.
        Not a criticism Abs but which of the homegrown players have been that poor ? Dieng has done well , Nico has been ok and Chair has probably been our best player . I would say Kakay is the only one I have doubts over .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Not a criticism Abs but which of the homegrown players have been that poor ? Dieng has done well , Nico has been ok and Chair has probably been our best player . I would say Kakay is the only one I have doubts over .
          Kakay I’d let go he’s league 1 or 2
          kane I’d never believe he’s a pro football player woeful

think we need a fresh approach rather than eustace imo

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Kakay I’d let go he’s league 1 or 2
            kane I’d never believe he’s a pro football player woeful

think we need a fresh approach rather than eustace imo
            Kane is not a home grown player , this is a question to Abs regarding players we have brought through .

Comment

I know Warburton hasn't done well of late but I'm a little bit anoyed that everyone seems to be letting the owners out of the blame game, I know the FFP fine hit them hard but in football nowadays you generally get nothing if you invest nothing. The owners gave up on this club years ago and no manager will get what the fans expect when the club's best assets are sold and next to no reinvestment occurs. It saddens me to say this but I think we should all lower our expectations and look forward to League 1 at best in future.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
                But they can't invest anything towards the running of the club because of FFP rules. They are obviously willing to invest in the training ground and stadium so what you have just said doesn't really make any sense.

My worry is that if we drop to league 1 they may just decide to cut their losses altogether.
                So what happened to the money the club received for Eze?...look at what other clubs are doing with the rules. Personally I think you're being a bit naive if you think the club can't spend money butI'm big enough to admit that I may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

So what happened to the money the club received for Eze?...look at what other clubs are doing with the rules. Personally I think you're being a bit naive if you think the club can't spend money butI'm big enough to admit that I may be wrong.
                  Eze money will come in stages over his contract. So we'll get £4m a season plus the bonuses. I think the last account showe we get £5m in ticket sales a season. This seasons Eze money has gone to cover that, but we still did some transfer business which I guess the Board covered.

Comment

Regarding ffp we have a bit more head room moving forward due to substantialy reducing our wages over the last few seasons .

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                      This! They have all been a part of the losing mentalty.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                        Regarding ffp we have a bit more head room moving forward due to substantialy reducing our wages over the last few seasons .
                        Being realistic it’s a average league 1 side at best playing in the championship. I can’t knock effort from the side it lacks ability and a system that works

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Being realistic it’s a average league 1 side at best playing in the championship. I can’t knock effort from the side it lacks ability and a system that works
                          Spot on mate! Squad simply does not have enough ability. We huff and puff with plenty of effort, but some of the players picked for first team duty are simply not good enough for this level, and to hold your own in this league you need all eleven players all pulling together the whole time, every 90 mins.

Comment

There will be loads of teams looking to off load players and/or loan them out in Jan. I thought we did some great business in the summer but clearly the squad is still work in progress. Unfortunately we've brought in too many players that still need to work on their game as young or inexperienced players.

Let's see what Jan brings before we condemn ourselves to relegation. Long way to go yet and we have another window to develop our squad.

Comment

I personally wouldn't have Eustace anywhere near the squad if we got rid of Warburton. He is part of the coaching staff that is culpable for this mess.

Comment

Working...
                              X