On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

This club knows how to kick you in the nuts, just as final whistle goes I get an e:Mail confirming my ticket for Stoke game, oh well things can only get better.

On to today’s game, thought we were unlucky to lose as Reading were poor,however you sort of knew they would score with their first shot.
    You really do see a different game live and can see who is not pulling their weight, top of my list today would be Chair who ironically had our best shot, apart from that he strolled about doing very little, really is a frustrating player at times.

Not sure what Warburton does next as squad is pretty thin, maybe time for Bettache and Kellman to have a bit of game time, we really do need a midfield general, and right back Position worries me, maybe go 3 at the back.

Same old problems persist, do it cross quickly enough, never clear the first man, and give ball away cheaply, often in dangerous positions.

Players ratings

Dieng 8 Watched him at close hand today, very vocal solid keeper
    Kakay 5 Out of position a lot , and bit of a headless chicken
    Nico H 6. Did Ok
    Dickie 7 very commanding game, couple of silly mistakes
    Barbet 7 another solid game
    Willock 5. Gets caught in possession and is a bit light weight
    Carrol 7 Run the first half but faded second 45
    Cameron 5 Fair play he chugs along, but is that enough
    Bos 5 flatter to deceive, not sure who will want him
    Chair 5 couple of flashes of skill, unlucky when he hit the post
    Dykes 6. Watched him really closely live for the first time, works his nuts off, fed scraps, however always seems to react a bit slowly to half chances.

Subs 6. Did not affect the game much.

Overall , bit unlucky to lose, but we are very slow at getting the ball forward, need a win from somewhere otherwise confidence will be shot.

lastly well played Rangers for good organisation of today’s game

“We are very slow at getting the ball forward”?

The understatement of the season.

Yet that’s coaching.

I I told Barbet and Kakay and Nico they would be benched if they didn’t push forward more and faster, kinda think they’d do just that.

MW is aging in place, stubborn to a tee, and either refuses to change his approach or knows of no other.

For the players’s sake, the fans’ sake, he’s no longer tenable and must push on.

Comment

Kakay cannot cross, he has had enough chances to put a decent cross in but just does not seem to have the ability or is there something I am not seeing?

Comment

I agree. Feel Kakay’s game has taken a dip, and he looks lost out there right now.

Comment

Romford Hoop I pretty much agree with that summary and those ratings!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

It is bewildering to me why professional footballers cannot cross a very light weight football.
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

All this possession playing the ball about at the back just doesn't work, the majority of teams that have the biggest share of the game lose even in the Premier, because these sides that sit back are well organised only a few sides are good at the possession game and we are far from anywhere good enough to play that way.
              And MW needs to change that tactic and quick, if we lose Tuesday he needs to go.

Comment

Too much tippy tippy football. Sideways and backwards. Big lump up front we don’t use properly and obviously needs someone along side him, and a very poor defence possession never won a football match we have no plan B

Comment

Aren’t most goals scored with just 3 touches or less from the attacking team?
                  I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

We are too slow, too unaggressive, and too set in our MW ways.

So obvious.

Why can’t or won’t MW see this and fix this?

It’s stubbornness made worse by age.

Like MW as a person, but what does he bring us as a coach?

He has no Plan B. He never seems to adjust tactics within a game. He consistently plays favorites like Cameron who’s ready for soccer retirement. He refuses to play Battache and others ready for a chance.

So what is the defense for keeping him?

Comment

We don't move the ball forward quickly enough or take care of the ball , to many sloppy passes .get ball to the forwards faster .

Comment

Working...
                      X