Warburton out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
    Get real! We have the fourth or fifht lowest budget in the divsion and we sit sixth from bottom. Warburton is not doing too great, but not worse than we can expect with the budget at his disposal. Its a gamble to switch manager - its as likely to go south as north. We play decent fotball and if we can get a decent striker on loan in January we will be fine.
    Oslo I consider you as the best poster on here but quite some way. Must be the calm Scandinavian manner. I will say has mark been an improvement on Ian Holloway. He might even achieve something Ian didn't in his last stint and that's relegation. Granted Holloway had better players to work with but for me mark should just stick to banking. Only achieved at one club Brentford which was a fantastic job that he got lucky to have
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Exactly shaggs, the man is the problem for being so rigid.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Why are you complicating things by demanding to know who is replacement will be? Warburton clearly won't be retained beyond June when his contract expires - he has shown no indication whatsoever that he can get a tune out of this squad so there's no way on earth he will be offered a new contract.
        Warburton is so diabolical it's extremely likely he will get us relegated as his parting shot so I believe it's worth using a chunk of the Eze money to sack him and buy-out a manager to replace him.
        The world is a big place with a lot of managers potentially available. I don't think it will be hard to get someone better than Warburton. I mentioned Paul Cook a year ago and I'd still grab him. Ian Evett impresses me. Gracia allegedly wants out of Valencia. Joseph Barton seems to have done well at Fleetwood. Mike Flynn does well at Newport ditto Wild Thing at Wycombe. I'm not interested in ex-players per se, there's no "QPR way" or heritage to maintain - I'd want a manager who has a track record of managing useless players on a shoestring budget and getting them to punch up above their weight.
        But, irrespective of all that I have a day job that doesn't involve keeping abreast of football managers - there are people at the club who's job is to track players and managers and nurture relationships and channels in the spirit of continuous improvement. Les will have a list of at least 10 managerial targets for June...... no reason he can't tap into that list today if need be.
        ​​​​​​
        ​​​​​​
        Can't really argue to much there .

The club can afford to sack him and pay his last 6 months on a monthly basis. There are plenty of options available and the DoF should have names already given the amount of agents that contact the club on a frequent basis.

As Stainrod said, the least the board could do is ask MW questions about his team selections & tactics. He wants to play the same way as last season but he doesn't have the quality to do so. Dykes is no Wells, Chair is no Eze Hamalainen is no Manning etc.

Dykes needs Bonne or Kelman alongside him in a 4 4 2 or 3 5 2 formation otherwise he is not going to be effective - 1 goal from open play in 14 or so appearances is pathetic, but more down to lack of service than his finishing.

However, the real issue is that MW thinks we are playing ok and a bit unlucky , but is not seeing the lack of creativity during games Bristol City and Brentford aside many of the other matches were nowhere near good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

IF massive word .
          And..."not doing too great?"..Is the understatement of the year.
          Coaches are looking at the way we play and firstly can see we have no threat. secondly know our defence has more holes than all the golf courses of the world.
          Thirdly they make changes that knowing our idiot just stays playing the same way.
          We have the worst set piece record, why?
          Imo zonal marking and who is that down to?
          Like the whole #### show Warburton playing the same way with lesser players than last season as that had its dodgy moments
          He has to go if the powers above want second tier football
          Agreed. We can't play the same as last season as we don't have the same calibre of player. MW only knows one way of playing and has no real background in football other than coaching in the background at a few clubs after giving up his trading career. We have been found out and opposing coaches are getting the better of him by changing their tactics when needed.

Comment

Is he still in charge?? ...FFS

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

Oslo I consider you as the best poster on here but quite some way. Must be the calm Scandinavian manner. I will say has mark been an improvement on Ian Holloway. He might even achieve something Ian didn't in his last stint and that's relegation. Granted Holloway had better players to work with but for me mark should just stick to banking. Only achieved at one club Brentford which was a fantastic job that he got lucky to have
              er.....Holloway did not have better players. Last season Warburton had Eze, Hugill, Wells.... and should’ve done way better with that team. We’ve now got this lot: Willock 0 , Bos 1 , Adomah 0 , Bonne 2 , Dykes 1 from open play all season....

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

er.....Holloway did not have better players. Last season Warburton had Eze, Hugill, Wells.... and should’ve done way better with that team. We’ve now got this lot: Willock 0 , Bos 1 , Adomah 0 , Bonne 2 , Dykes 1 from open play all season....
                Holloway is a terrible manager. The guy is clown who spends more time tyring to be a stand up comedian than actually being a manager. Holloway was in charge when we had a bigger budget, bigger wage structure than we have now. He had players like Smithies in goal. Steven Caulker. Furlong. Washington. Luongo, Manning, Karl Henry. Onouha, Mackie, Wszolek, Scowen.
                Alot of these players we take over the current trash we have and we finished 18th and 16th. How anyone who can preach for Holloway when we was just as bad with a better squad?

Comment

Originally posted by supahupa10101 View Post

Holloway is a terrible manager. The guy is clown who spends more time tyring to be a stand up comedian than actually being a manager. Holloway was in charge when we had a bigger budget, bigger wage structure than we have now. He had players like Smithies in goal. Steven Caulker. Furlong. Washington. Luongo, Manning, Karl Henry. Onouha, Mackie, Wszolek, Scowen.
                  Alot of these players we take over the current trash we have and we finished 18th and 16th. How anyone who can preach for Holloway when we was just as bad with a better squad?
                  Can’t bring Holloway back under the same board we’d look prat’s which ain’t difficult. Honestly I wouldn’t of give Warburton Stoke game after putting Bonne on wing.

Same tactics last night no formation change Wycombe will beat us imo draw at best. We need a proper coach that’s going to kick bums and nurture kids and clear out some rubbish.

kane
                  cameron
                  Bos sell for what you get

2-3 experienced loans Glenn murray type yep he’s old but he’s got more than dykes in finishing a half fit Rangel better than kakay or Kane wierdly I think we miss both Amos and Owen. We seem to have resolved keeper and found 3-4 other issues but personally I think the biggest issue is Warburton and his plan a then plan a

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Can’t bring Holloway back under the same board we’d look prat’s which ain’t difficult. Honestly I wouldn’t of give Warburton Stoke game after putting Bonne on wing.

Same tactics last night no formation change Wycombe will beat us imo draw at best. We need a proper coach that’s going to kick bums and nurture kids and clear out some rubbish.

kane
                    cameron
                    Bos sell for what you get

2-3 experienced loans Glenn murray type yep he’s old but he’s got more than dykes in finishing a half fit Rangel better than kakay or Kane wierdly I think we miss both Amos and Owen. We seem to have resolved keeper and found 3-4 other issues but personally I think the biggest issue is Warburton and his plan a then plan a
                    Murray is looking to cut short his loan at Watford, can we afford him on loan? Is Rangel getting back to full fitness, because yes, I'd bring him back.

We do miss Amos, but can give Bettache a run in the side to see what he is capable of. We need more creativity in the side. Chair is doing his best, but where is his support. I know I said I wanted Adomah signed, but I hadn't seen him play whilst at Forest, didn't the DoF and his scouts watch him play (or Willock at Huddersfield - I am sure I posted a comment before we signed him questioning his contribution to Huddersfield whilst on loan there last season).

MW needs to have a plan other than his Plan A if he is going to stay on to see out his contract.

Comment

I see Slavan Bilic is now unemployed. Maybe this will be first domino to set off a cascade.

Comment

Working...
                      X