The numbers don’t lie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The numbers don’t lie...

There has been a lot of discussion about how controlling the ball does not yield results.

After 15 games, the proof of that is compelling.

We have averaged 55% possession in our 6 losses and 5 ties this year versus 49% possession in our 4 wins.

Worse, despite averaging a little more than 10 shots/game, we are scoring at a lowly rate of 1/game.

The remedy? Move the ball faster (forget the incessant back and forth on our back line), and work on finishing shots.

5 games, 10 games in you can consider data inconclusive. 15 games in, it becomes a pattern.

I’m not really a stats man , I don’t always think they tell the whole story .Bad final pass , poor finishing and careless defending kind of sums up our season so far .

Comment

We made 200 more passes than bristol city , so those stats mean nothing

Comment

Let the players gel and it will come.

Comment

Stats mean nothing & only scoring more goals than the other team & getting 3 points, yes we’ve had a lot possession but what we done with it Nothing, I rest my case

Comment

It's a modern thing. I think young 'uns follow matches on Twitter and such like so they think stats are interesting and important. The game is all about winning - it's the only thing that matters.
            I actually prefer playing poorly and winning. That play-off against Derby is the most perfect example..... rotten game, stats "dominated" by Derby but we have one shot and win the game - outstanding! I was very happy and enjoyed watching their fans crying. Anytime I'm depressed I dig out a clip of ol' Mutton Chops to cheer me up, works everytime!
            That game is another example of why "dominating" is a load of bull too.

Comment

If im honest id forget the stats and look at the facts

Defence is garbage makes to many mistakes but its inexperienced.
              Midfield lacks any creativity its also slow in the middle, forget Bos we all know he's rapid
              Ok Bos if he could make better decisions and cross pass he'd be prem 100% but he's not hence he's not gone yet.
              Chair has good patches but goes AWOL in pretty much every game, he's also young but he's way off Eze quality and his set pieces are woeful.

Willock looks to have a bit about him, Carroll ok he can pass but he's so lightweight and not that mobil. Ball gives 100% got his limits Cameron past it. Amos sadly won't see him this season.

Up front other day v Bristol I don't think Dykes got 1 cross to attack with his head, Bonne comes on we go route 1 and take Dykes off tactics sub changes etc more often than not you can time when we make a sub and MW is reactive not proactive imo, he got it right v Derby but that ball came from Dickie not midfield.

MW for me needs longer we play decent stuff and really should of won last three games but mistakes are costing us and some of it is inexperience but it must improve and that is Warbs job. I do feel sorry for pretty much all clubs ok bigger squads can rotate we lack depth so can't really get on training ground as they be knackered 3 games a week so how does he spend 2 days on there without them breaking down.

IS it worth giving Kelman some minutes ? Bos has to play although he's going to walk by the look of it with Compo you have to say on way were playing if cut mistakes were doing ok but thats a big improvement to cut out.

Comment

Appreciate all the comments above. Understand stats never tell the full story, but on our case they do betray our style of play.

With the exception of Bos, what other player continually aggresses in the opponent’s zone? Chair is inconsistent and often unsure. Dykes may have much more to offer but with lack of service it is hard to know. Bonne looks middling. Adomah looks skilled but old.

Once we get some more distance from the bottom 3, would suggest getting Kelman and Battache on the pitch to see what other options we may already have.

Dickie is going to be aces on defense. Pair him with a tough experienced CB, backed by Dieng, and we’ll be tough to score on.

Carroll had an encouraging game v Bristol City. Like him and Ball, supplemented by Thomas.

Front line? Would practice nothing but finishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                  Appreciate all the comments above. Understand stats never tell the full story, but on our case they do betray our style of play.

With the exception of Bos, what other player continually aggresses in the opponent’s zone? Chair is inconsistent and often unsure. Dykes may have much more to offer but with lack of service it is hard to know. Bonne looks middling. Adomah looks skilled but old.

Once we get some more distance from the bottom 3, would suggest getting Kelman and Battache on the pitch to see what other options we may already have.

Dickie is going to be aces on defense. Pair him with a tough experienced CB, backed by Dieng, and we’ll be tough to score on.

Carroll had an encouraging game v Bristol City. Like him and Ball, supplemented by Thomas.

Front line? Would practice nothing but finishing.
                  Think side needs more pace down the middle Dickie I’d like to see someone like Kipre at West Brom now aggressive and paced let Dickie do aerial duals he can sweep up

cm realistic we can’t afford quality in there and there’s some guff in the prem never mind lower down.

upftont let’s see what kelman offers for 30 mins

Comment

Working...
                  X