Thoughts and players marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts and players marks

Talk about making hard work of it., 3 -1 up at h/t we did our best to throw it away, Rotherham are basic in the extreme, however they still managed to unsettle us. This game should have been wrapped up second half, however as usual sloppy passing and poor decision making nearly cost us 2 points.

Dieng 8 feel really confident with him in goal
    Kakay 4 very nervy, not a good 90 minutes. ATM Kane looks better
    Nico H 7 couple of sloppy moments, overall a good game
    Barbet 7 apart from their first goal looked decent
    Masterson 7 as per Barbet
    Cameroon 6 usual unspectacular performance
    Ball 6 hit and miss
    Willock 7 looked dangerous at times
    Chair 7 lively game
    Dykes 6 decent penalty, works hard, however still not convinced by him
    Bos 9 scored 1, could have been 3, scared them to death
    Subs
    Bonne 5 not that impressive, offside law baffles him
    Carroll 6 couple of nice touches
    Adomah 5 didn’t do much in a short time

Overall in control and did our best to #### it up, still a wins a win so still happy

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
    Talk about making hard work of it., 3 -1 up at h/t we did our best to throw it away, Rotherham are basic in the extreme, however they still managed to unsettle us. This game should have been wrapped up second half, however as usual sloppy passing and poor decision making nearly cost us 2 points.

Dieng 8 feel really confident with him in goal
    Kakay 4 very nervy, not a good 90 minutes. ATM Kane looks better
    Nico H 7 couple of sloppy moments, overall a good game
    Barbet 7 apart from their first goal looked decent
    Masterson 7 as per Barbet
    Cameroon 6 usual unspectacular performance
    Ball 6 hit and miss
    Willock 7 looked dangerous at times
    Chair 7 lively game
    Dykes 6 decent penalty, works hard, however still not convinced by him
    Bos 9 scored 1, could have been 3, scared them to death
    Subs
    Bonne 5 not that impressive, offside law baffles him
    Carroll 6 couple of nice touches
    Adomah 5 didn’t do much in a short time

Overall in control and did our best to #### it up, still a wins a win so still happy
    Agree about Kakay , Im not convinced by him at all . As a team we stopped playing 2nd half . To be honest though I wouldn’t want to face Rotherham every week , they are so direct and in your face it’s a right slog .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Agree about Kakay , Im not convinced by him at all . As a team we stopped playing 2nd half . To be honest though I wouldn’t want to face Rotherham every week , they are so direct and in your face it’s a right slog .
      Yeah Kakay worries me and Kane looks much improved from last season. They were route 1 we were well worth lead at ht 2nd half once we made subs lost our way a bit but positives are Dieng just gives confidence to a wobbly back 4 Willock looks decent and chair moving inside looks comfy.

Comment

I think our priority in January has to be a centre back . Masterson has done ok but would benefit from a loan to a league 1 club where he would face that kind of physicality every week .

Comment

I think our priority in January has to be a centre back . Masterson has done ok but would benefit from a loan to a league 1 club where he would face that kind of physicality every week .
          I think considering he broke his nose he did pretty well last night

Comment

I thought masterson did ok considering he’s a novice, he’s faced Watford bar a clanger he did quite well once he settled and last night he threw himself into firing line and can’t ask much more than that. If we got 1 in and he left we’re still light at cb unless we use Ball there

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
              I thought masterson did ok considering he’s a novice, he’s faced Watford bar a clanger he did quite well once he settled and last night he threw himself into firing line and can’t ask much more than that. If we got 1 in and he left we’re still light at cb unless we use Ball there
              He lost his man for first goal last night , was at fault for Watford goal and let’s not forget his brain fart handball v Cardiff . Having said all that I think he has a future with us I just feel he would benefit from a full season of mens football in league 1 . He has no real experience so we are asking a lot of him right now .

Comment

He lost his man for first goal last night , was at fault for Watford goal and let’s not forget his brain fart handball v Cardiff . Having said all that I think he has a future with us I just feel he would benefit from a full season of mens football in league 1 . He has no real experience so we are asking a lot of him right now .
                Willock gave the ball away and then didn't get tighter to block the cross. The striker gambles on a cross being absolutely perfect and my god it was. 6 inches further to the centre of the goal and masterson probably gets a block on his header, 6 inches wider and he probably can't get the direction to keep it on target. He'll make that run 20 times in 5 games and be lucky to get the perfect cross once. It's one of those things that we shouldn't be analysing too closely - it's their job to make perfect attacking moves and they delivered pure and simple, and need to be given credit for it. Although, maybe if we don't give the ball away cheaply then such conversations are a complete non starter. Nico did the same for the second. BUT, we won and we go again with this improving side, who are looking far more solid at the back this year, regardless of who is playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Golborne View Post

Willock gave the ball away and then didn't get tighter to block the cross. The striker gambles on a cross being absolutely perfect and my god it was. 6 inches further to the centre of the goal and masterson probably gets a block on his header, 6 inches wider and he probably can't get the direction to keep it on target. He'll make that run 20 times in 5 games and be lucky to get the perfect cross once. It's one of those things that we shouldn't be analysing too closely - it's their job to make perfect attacking moves and they delivered pure and simple, and need to be given credit for it. Although, maybe if we don't give the ball away cheaply then such conversations are a complete non starter. Nico did the same for the second. BUT, we won and we go again with this improving side, who are looking far more solid at the back this year, regardless of who is playing.
                  I agree.no use blaming Masterson for not beating the 6ft 4 striker gettibg his head to that cross. Instead blame Willock for miskicking and not closing down the cross.

Also agree with Nico and the 2nd goal with his sloppy attempted pass that went straight to a Rotherham player.

I still think Kakay is a better CB than full back.

Cameron looks like he could do with a rest. I want to see Bettache get a start in his place with Ball playing deeper as a DCM.

That was much better from BOS and Chair (a bit like last season's performances).

I'm yet to be convinced by Dykes as a goalscorer, penalties aside. He certainly would benefit from having another strike alongside him - Bonne or Kelman.

Bonne does seem to look a bit confused by the offside rule.

Comment

[QUOTE=Golborne;n2547721]

Willock gave the ball away and then didn't get tighter to block the cross. The striker gambles on a cross being absolutely perfect and my god it was. 6 inches further to the centre of the goal and masterson probably gets a block on his header, 6 inches wider and he probably can't get the direction to keep it on target. He'll make that run 20 times in 5 games and be lucky to get the perfect cross once. It's one of those things that we shouldn't be analysing too closely - it's their job to make perfect attacking moves and they delivered pure and simple, and need to be given credit for it. Although, maybe if we don't give the ball away cheaply then such conversations are a complete non starter. Nico did the same for the second. BUT, we won and we go again with this improving side, who are looking far more solid at the back this year, regardless of who is playing.[/QUOTEAs I said I believe Masterson has a future with us but would benefit from regular football , oh and you didn’t mention his mistakes for the Watford goal and Cardiff penalty .Like all our young players he is learning fast but let’s not ignore his short comings so far .

Comment

Working...
                    X