EFL: Five subs permitted for remainder for 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFL: Five subs permitted for remainder for 2020/21

FOLLOWING consultation with clubs, the EFL Board has agreed to increase the permitted number of substitutes to five in all Sky Bet EFL fixtures taking place from 12 noon on Friday 20 November for the remainder of the 2020/21 season.

Regulation 33.4 has been amended to permit:
    • Championship Clubs to name up to nine substitutes in their matchday squad, with five permitted to take to the pitch in any fixture
    • League One and League Two Clubs can name up to seven substitutes in their match day squad, again with five permitted to take to the pitch
    https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...er-for-202021/

Have we got enough players??

I don't like this one bit, it changes strategies obviously, are we going to have mandated orange and water breaks too?
    @gatorTFC

Comment

Should have been introduced at the start of the season or not at all.

Comment

I agree it should have been from the start of the season, because the players have not really had a proper rest or pre season, but also with the games coming thick and fast they are more susceptible to picking up muscle injuries. At least having 5 subs to bring on available can provide some sort of rest for players who would otherwise just soldier on until the end having pickedup a knock or feel a bit of muscle fatigue.

Comment

Need it. 8 games in December !!

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            Need it. 8 games in December !!
            Yes but maybe we'd have signed a couple more players in the window if we'd known we could play 16 in each match before the window closed. This will benefit teams with larger squads and more strength in depth than us.

Comment

The extra players needed for away squads can sleep on the floor to save us having to book extra hotel rooms. They could sleep on the bus to keep costs down.

Comment

Fark me, 9 subs. MW didn't know what to do with the 7 he had before...
                "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Useless idea. It's up to managers/coaches/players to conserve their energy to last 90 minute games 46 times a season. They need the nous to realise they can only make so many lung-busting runs per match and to pace themselves accordingly. We're all used to games getting stretched and opened up in last 20 minutes due to players struggling to keep their shape or stay touch-tight.... it's what makes the game interesting.
                  I have no interest in seeing wholesale replacements as per rugby with footballers belting around the pitch like a big game of 5-a-side for 90 minutes. Funnily enough, there are moves to row back on it in rugby union cos its actually causing more injuries due to these great lumps bashing into each other non-stop with no let up in pace or intensity.
                  Sooner this disgrace of a season is over the better in my view.... Project Mindless Shambles they should've called it.

Comment

more subs suits the teams with most money , watched man city a while back benardo silva sitting next to mahrez think they were signed for about 50 million each and both on the bench .footballers are becoming far to precious. how many people went to work mon to friday then played satuday afternoon and sunday morning, we just got on with it

Comment

Working...
                    X