Thoughts and players marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts and players marks

Great win, poor game especially second half, but do not care, 3 points will do nicely

Dieng 8. Looks a good keeper thank god
    Kane 7. Solid game, should maybe have scored
    Nico H 6. Will become more confident the more he plays
    Barbet 7. No pens, so worth a 7
    Dickie 9 MOTM won everything, set up the goal, the best he has played for us
    Cameroon 6 solid, did not really notice him
    Adomah 5 needs to up his fitness
    Carrol 4 poor game
    Chair 4 not impressed at all
    Dykes 2 getting a bit concerned , looks lost
    BOS 5 did not do enough

Ball and Willock 6 ok
    Bonne 8 showed Dykes how to do ii

3 very welcome points

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
    Great win, poor game especially second half, but do not care, 3 points will do nicely

Dieng 8. Looks a good keeper thank god
    Kane 7. Solid game, should maybe have scored
    Nico H 6. Will become more confident the more he plays
    Barbet 7. No pens, so worth a 7
    Dickie 9 MOTM won everything, set up the goal, the best he has played for us
    Cameroon 6 solid, did not really notice him
    Adomah 5 needs to up his fitness
    Carrol 4 poor game
    Chair 4 not impressed at all
    Dykes 2 getting a bit concerned , looks lost
    BOS 5 did not do enough

Ball and Willock 6 ok
    Bonne 8 showed Dykes how to do ii

3 very welcome points
    I'm not sure the way we play suits dykes. When we go long hes tends to win the flick on but no one runs past him. He also doesn't make the ball stick that well so we need players closer to him to allow him to play it back quicker. I like him thou. He puts a shift in and will get better. He should have scored from his only chance and hopefully gets a goal for his efforts soon. Dont forget the guy has been playing 2 games every week and needed a rest before now. We have 6 matches in 19 days coming up which is a disgrace to be honest. No clubs in this league will survive those numbers of games without picking up injuries. We may aswell bin off training and just play the match then rest up and repeat.

Comment

I disagree with your 2 out of 10 for Dykes ,I would give him 5 ,he worked hard and was unlucky not to score with the header .
      I agree that Dickie was MotM .
      Caroll looks a poor signing and Chair just isnt in the same league as Eze,big shoes to fill.
      a win is a win,and is was just an important one .6 point gap

Comment

Was this a typical tippy tappy performance where our patience paid off in the end. Without the goal would there have been criticism about a possession based aimless style?

Has there been a change of style from games where individual errors or missed chances tipped us the other side of the line?

Comment

I think Hämälainen had a solid game defensively; hardly put a foot wrong and Derby just had a couple of crosses from his side. Kane is very good going forward, but left far too much space on his side for my liking. This would have cost us against a better team. Kane 6 and Hämälainen 7.

I feel much more relaxed now we have Dieng in goal.

Agree with Dickie MOM.

This was a quiet match but defensively we are looking solid for a change.

Dieng: 8
          Kane: 6
          Barbet :7
          Dickie: 9
          Hämälainen: 7
          Cameron: 6
          Carroll: 5
          Adomah: 5
          Bright: 6
          Chair: 6
          Dykes: 4

Bonne: 7
          Willock: 5
          Ball: 5

Comment

Agree dickie motm , does it with a calmness , thought chair worked his socks off , always involved ,wanting the ball . Team have improved since amos gone . Derby were very poor

Comment

The thing with Dykes is he is constantly roaming dragging the defense everywhere with him. Not a great footballer always losing the ball but wearing out those around him.
              When fresh Bonny came on their backs were finish and that thanks to Dykes.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                The thing with Dykes is he is constantly roaming dragging the defense everywhere with him. Not a great footballer always losing the ball but wearing out those around him.
                When fresh Bonny came on their backs were finish and that thanks to Dykes.
                Agree and if his header goes in we are all lording him , it’s small margins .

Comment

Dykes was really poor which was sad to see. His hold up play was dreadful and you can't disguise the fact he had a free header that he just didn't generate any power. Lost the ball and didn't even manage the basics
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Dykes was really poor which was sad to see. His hold up play was dreadful and you can't disguise the fact he had a free header that he just didn't generate any power. Lost the ball and didn't even manage the basics
                    To be fair to him he does put in a hard shift and he works the opposing defences, a bit like Giroud did for France when they won the World Cup. However, his header was poor and although headed down it was almost straight at the keeper rather than toward the corner of the goal.

As I said on another thread, Bonne gets slagged off for missing a chance, but not Dykes.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Agree and if his header goes in we are all lording him , it’s small margins .
                      Absolutely, from villain to Hero in the blink of an eye,
                      at least until we lose again and the Mob turn into Football pundit assassin's.

Comment

I'm wondering if Dickie would be better deployed as a holding centre midfield general - he showed some flashes of top quality last night. When Dieng came out to near edge of a crowded box and calmly caught a cross I spilled my cocoa! I haven't seen ANY keeper catch a ball outside 6-yard box since 2004..... bloody fantastic!!

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                          I'm wondering if Dickie would be better deployed as a holding centre midfield general - he showed some flashes of top quality last night. When Dieng came out to near edge of a crowded box and calmly caught a cross I spilled my cocoa! I haven't seen ANY keeper catch a ball outside 6-yard box since 2004..... bloody fantastic!!
                          Watching him last night showed he has that uncanny knack of being in the right place at the right time ,Which is exactly what you want from your centre back , plus his distribution is good as he showed to set the goal up .

Comment

Funny old game footall, I thought there was lots of positives, some of which relate back to silly mistakes and lack of finishing in previous. (More to come from this lot IMO)

Dieng: 8 - Few super saves, commanding! Keep it up lad!
                            Kane: 7 - Did very few things wrong, another solid match.
                            Barbet : 7 - Back for did super, so hard to knock anyone.
                            Dickie: 10 - Superb.
                            Hämälainen: 6 - Needs to settle in more, but did well in places, gets caught now and then around the back.
                            Cameron: 6- Did what he needed to, vital commanding performance last 10!! (Noticed for the first time how slow he is off the mark!!)
                            Carroll: 6 - Harsh to say he was poor, these type of players always get slaughtered here.
                            Adomah: 6 - Didnt do much wrong, look good on the break.
                            Bright: 6 - Similar to Adomah tbh
                            Chair: 6 - Done enough, needs to do more.
                            Dykes: 6 - Work rate but nothing more.

Bonne: 7 - Did well when he came on
                            Willock: 7 - Thought he was very bright again, he's pushing for a start
                            Ball: 6 - Hard to give anything less, controlled the ball well when he had it.

All in all, another decent enough performance, looked tidy in spells!!

Comment

Dykes looks knackered since playing so much for Scotland while trying to adjust to this League, so it`s a bit unfair to slate him like somebody did . Bonne needs to be more included in the matches, but took his goal well last night. Defence: Dieng and Dickie spreads confidence throughout the team, but the ultimate test of how good they really are at the moment is coming against Blackburn and Armstrong already, imo. But Make no mistake about it, it surely looks like we have improved a lot. Well done, players and staff.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X