Dons new ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dons new ground

FFS! A crumby borderline amateur bunch of minnows have managed to build a decent new ground for themselves. These blighters started from scratch about 18 years ago and manage to sort out the land, planning and construction of a new stadium.
    Meanwhile, we remain sat with our thumbs up our jacksies achieving nothing but the creation of hot-air and flannel. Quite ironic they're bunking in with us pending putting the finishing touches to their nice new home. Grrrrrrrrrr!

Its in Wimbledon not where we want to be.

I'm sure if we were OK to be QPR (London Suburbs) Ltd we'd have found somewhere.

But well done the DONS nevertheless. What happens with the Saturday night Stock car racing though?

Comment

As you rightly pointed out it took them 18 years!!

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
        As you rightly pointed out it took them 18 years!!
        I meant they didn't even exist 18 years ago.... Dunno how long the gestation of their stadium took but they only entered league 9 years ago so I'd be surprised if it's taken them more than that. It's all moot cos we have literally nothing afoot, never mind a shovel in the ground, we ain't even got a shovel!

Comment

To be fair they were in a different situation to us. Brentford is a better comparison .

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

I meant they didn't even exist 18 years ago.... Dunno how long the gestation of their stadium took but they only entered league 9 years ago so I'd be surprised if it's taken them more than that. It's all moot cos we have literally nothing afoot, never mind a shovel in the ground, we ain't even got a shovel!
            I don’t think the club over the last 30 years have really seen it as a priority.There was lots of talk in the 90s when Chris Wright took over but nothing really materialised.Add to that all the money and time wasted on Warren Farm and the unhelpful council . At least we now own the training ground which is a big step in the right direction.

Comment

they are in the old dog track , that was dying a death for years with 3 sides of it closed to the public , we should of been in the white city stadium years ago . hope it goes well for them

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                they are in the old dog track , that was dying a death for years with 3 sides of it closed to the public , we should of been in the white city stadium years ago . hope it goes well for them
                Agree, QPR should have snapped up the White City Stadium and rebuilt it into a football stadium with all the required non football facilities to help sustain the club.

The reason why it never took off in the 60s is because it was a dog track and the views were dreadful for football.

Yes, I suggested buying the stadium back in the 1990s when the Thompsons owned the club. They of course, had no real interest in developing the club that they acquired by default after David Bulstrode died suddenly.

Comment

Teams with small stadia do not endure in the Premier League. I think the same principal will come into play more and more in The Championship over the coming decade. I honestly believe that we'll morph into a peppy League One club over time if we don't get a vastly updated and improved stadium. I know it's not easy but plenty of other clubs are managing to do it despite the difficulties involved.

Comment

Whether it's between PL or league 1 , yo yo ing will do me. Fighting for promotion or fighting against relegation I'd hate to be one of those teams in the PL counting their points to stay in there whilst losing most games

Comment

Working...
                    X