Bournemouth Game Takeaways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bournemouth Game Takeaways

• Hoping it was just a tough luck game for Bonne -- clearly miss Lyndon on the pitch
    • Willock looks strong and promising
    • Uncle adds needed maturity up front
    • Chair must show better game management -- too often makes wrong decisions on passes, must stop taking shots on goal from 30 yards out
    • Amos actually had a very decent game til hurt
    • Dickie is amazing on the back line -- what a find
    • Cameron has grown too slow and conservative out there -- play Ball where Cameron is and bring on another pacy middie (like Faysal)
    If we can more regularly finish opportunities near the box we can and will compete with any team in this league.

Particularly given our financial constraints think we can afford to be reasonably pleased.

Defensively early days but Dieng looks an improvement, Dickie suspect will do well, Kakay kicking on. Upfront at the start of the window we literally just had Oteh but now have two potentially decent strikers at this level and a new young back up. Owned and not loaned too.

No idea if he will sign a new contract but we still have BOS and recruited Uncle and Willock late on so have options out wide.

I know we lost Eze but overall I think the team looks more solid and is capable of both grinding out points and showing some attacking flair. Fair few young players too so room for further improvement.

Comment

If Dykes was playing today I think we would've scored because he too is great at setting them up.

As I said on twitter, let the team gel and we'll be one hard team to beat.

We never used to create anything, like watching a different team today.

Well done to all the players and staff, great result.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
        If Dykes was playing today I think we would've scored because he too is great at setting them up.

As I said on twitter, let the team gel and we'll be one hard team to beat.

We never used to create anything, like watching a different team today.

Well done to all the players and staff, great result.
        Indeed, good Day.

Comment

these are early days for what is a new team , give them time and we will kick on

Comment

Next up - Preston (H), Brum (H), Barnsley (A) & Cardiff (H)

I'd be looking for at least 2W 1D and 1L out of those four games. But getting 2W and 2D is achievable surely.

Comment

Hope you're right, but home advantage wasn't there today, only Brentford won, rest were draws or away wins!

Per'aps we'll win on merit though

URRRRRRRRRRRs

Comment

Working...
              X