Going to be a wild 3 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to be a wild 3 days

As we near the final transfer deadline, tell me this isn'g as good as watching a great match against a cross-town rival? We have Manning and Lumley in play (hopeful the former leaves after giving us a big fee, the latter they he just leaves); Masterson may be "replaced" by an enforcer like Aden Flint; we just recruited a helluva lot of new talent (Bonne, Kelman, Adomah), and that's on top of Dykes, Thomas, Carroll; and we have an emerging new #1 in goal (Seny is going to be great to watch).

If we come in strong these last three days, hats off to Les, Lee and Warbs. We'll be ready to do more than just gel; we have a chance to compete!

Done excellent in recruiting this season, maybe one more? But must shift some

Comment

There was a lot of noise on here from a few posters pre season with quotes like the squad is relegation material , rather than waiting to see who we would bring in .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
        There was a lot of noise on here from a few posters pre season with quotes like the squad is relegation material , rather than waiting to see who we would bring in .
        Patients is a long wait.
        Great so far, still hoping for a nice surprise in the Defense.

Comment

Agreed i just wish we could go down to loftus and watch a few games

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie Rangers View Post

Patients is a long wait.
            Great so far, still hoping for a nice surprise in the Defense.
            Yep , I always knew we would get the players in , but as you say patience is in short supply with some fans .

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
              As we near the final transfer deadline, tell me this isn'g as good as watching a great match against a cross-town rival? We have Manning and Lumley in play (hopeful the former leaves after giving us a big fee, the latter they he just leaves); Masterson may be "replaced" by an enforcer like Aden Flint; we just recruited a helluva lot of new talent (Bonne, Kelman, Adomah), and that's on top of Dykes, Thomas, Carroll; and we have an emerging new #1 in goal (Seny is going to be great to watch).

If we come in strong these last three days, hats off to Les, Lee and Warbs. We'll be ready to do more than just gel; we have a chance to compete!
              Think we will have some real good days, wished they'd let me in, what if I put on a Deep Sea Divers outfit change me Pants and clean me Teeth twice?

Comment

Did well last summer with that massive turnaround. This summer so far has been the perfect follow up. Getting two senior strikers and a young back up is outstanding work. I was hoping for maybe one and a loan or two upfront at the beginning of the window. We have signed some wide talent too. Kakay and Deng have been bonuses not to mention other signings.

Not expecting us to worry the play off spots but we have the potential to have a sold midtable campaign.

Comment

Hold yer horses! I'd like to see how these players actually do before deeming it a good window. We may have a bought a load of donkeys for all I know. Connor Washington looked a good signing at first glance and even his initial appearances drew praise for his effort and putting himself about.... it was only several games in it began to dawn on us that he couldn't hit a cow's backside with a banjo.
                  Yep, we seem to have made some very sensible measured decisions in this window but proof of the pudding is in what these new recruits deliver on the pitch.

Comment

We have a decent window and Warburton has spent about £5 million of the Eze transfer well it seems.
                    I personally dont expect a wild "hold onto to your hats" fhats"3 days,I think it will e quiet with a few players leaving on loan and one player coming in on loan,a defender .
                    I just hope that BOS has agreed to sign a new contract

Comment

Agree with last sentence above. Retaining BOS would be a huge plus for us.

Comment

Comment

And will be the same next season too.
                          Such is life.
                          I want it all and I want it now.......

Comment

Got to be happy with the incomings . Couldn't see it happening a while ago

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                              Got to be happy with the incomings . Couldn't see it happening a while ago
                              How is your Mum, hope all is fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X