Kelman- Southend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronnie Rangers View Post

I'm still hoping we bring in a couple of really tidy Loans.
    There is a 25man squad this season so might have shift some fairly quick as we are over that limit now

Comment

Saw a video of the lad on qprdot.org and I have to say he reminds me of a young Wayne Rooney. He looks a very powerful young man and more than capable of handling the championship. If we landed him I very much doubt he'd be loaned to the Essex Mafia.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie Rangers View Post

I'm still hoping we bring in a couple of really tidy Loans.
        For where? I would rather develop what we have, that rely on two huge loans like Hugil and Wells. (Who I loved and did well for us...)

But it isn't sustainable

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

For where? I would rather develop what we have, that rely on two huge loans like Hugil and Wells. (Who I loved and did well for us...)

But it isn't sustainable
          Yes, or for the same price of a loan package buy young talented lad from some cash strapped L1/L2 team. Always better to develop your own than someone else's player.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Yes, or for the same price of a loan package buy young talented lad from some cash strapped L1/L2 team. Always better to develop your own than someone else's player.
            Deffo. Key for me is, I'd happily do it if the player will 100% bring us that extra something, but not at a price that breaks the bank to a point where 1 or 2 players could come in on a perm.

It's a hard happy medium, I know Warbs doesnt like loans, he's actually against them. Which I get. Also we are now in a very different financial place and moving forward nicely.

Well's upsets me the most, though his price was TOOO MUCH!!

Comment

Deffo. Key for me is, I'd happily do it if the player will 100% bring us that extra something, but not at a price that breaks the bank to a point where 1 or 2 players could come in on a perm.

It's a hard happy medium, I know Warbs doesnt like loans, he's actually against them. Which I get. Also we are now in a very different financial place and moving forward nicely.

Well's upsets me the most, though his price was TOOO MUCH!!
              With any loan we should agree an option to buy at a fee agreed before they start playing for us. Wells's stock went up from playing for us and we should have had a slice of that fee for what we did for him!!

I think Paladini arranged some loan deals with us getting a percentage of any future transfer due to the coaching we put in and their game time with ys. One of the few things he did right!!

Comment

Bid rejected again.

Comment

With any loan we should agree an option to buy at a fee agreed before they start playing for us. Wells's stock went up from playing for us and we should have had a slice of that fee for what we did for him!!

I think Paladini arranged some loan deals with us getting a percentage of any future transfer due to the coaching we put in and their game time with ys. One of the few things he did right!!
                  Don't disagree for a minute on the trying to agree future fee, but how does it change anything. e.g. Wells / Hugil cost X amount for both their old clubs, so therefore they wanted X amount back. At the time they joined, they both had longer contracts, so with or without the goals they scored the fees would remain more than we could have had on that occasion.

Also, Wells at 30 for £5million isn't where we can or should be playing quite frankly...

Lastly, that time has long gone with FFP.. So im not sure its what we can do now.

Comment

How could we negotiate an option to buy on players like Wells or Hugil when we could never afford their wages or transfer fee?

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                      How could we negotiate an option to buy on players like Wells or Hugil when we could never afford their wages or transfer fee?
                      You said this far better than I did above haha!

Comment

Don't disagree for a minute on the trying to agree future fee, but how does it change anything. e.g. Wells / Hugil cost X amount for both their old clubs, so therefore they wanted X amount back. At the time they joined, they both had longer contracts, so with or without the goals they scored the fees would remain more than we could have had on that occasion.

Also, Wells at 30 for £5million isn't where we can or should be playing quite frankly...

Lastly, that time has long gone with FFP.. So im not sure its what we can do now.
                        I was talking about loans going forward and agree we could not have afforded those two players wages even. But I do 'think' that we increased the value of Wells and Hugill even though we had to pay for the privilege.

But I might be talking nonsense, so I'll go back to thinking about Wales beating England tonight!!

Comment

I was talking about loans going forward and agree we could not have afforded those two players wages even. But I do 'think' that we increased the value of Wells and Hugill even though we had to pay for the privilege.

But I might be talking nonsense, so I'll go back to thinking about Wales beating England tonight!!

Agree , we did increase the value of Wells and Hugil but we also got to use players we could never have afforded, which could have ended with us in the play offs and picking up a fortune from promotion .

Comment

haha! Don't be daft mate.

Reality is, they was both bought for large sums at that time too... So if anything for me they stayed at that price after bagging decent returns.

Any forward from the Prem on loan, will generally cost £5million upwards, and the rest even during CV-19 it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

There is a 25man squad this season so might have shift some fairly quick as we are over that limit now
                              Was hoping we may get some off the books and bring in a useful Defender or two, then see how we are next window.

Comment

Kelman could play and not be included within the 25 named because he's under 21yrs.

Comment

Working...
                                X