Kelman- Southend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelman- Southend

18 year old Southend striker looks like he could be on his way to us as was left out of their squad for Saturday and also fixture last night

Did see this a few weeks back, interesting. Perhaps one for the future, rather than going in 'today'?

Comment

I think we should sign him and loan him straight back. That may help get the deal over the line

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
        I think we should sign him and loan him straight back. That may help get the deal over the line
        Ye I agree would be the best way to develop him, get him in on a 4 year deal

Comment

Sensible idea, most clubs do that in the Prem..

Comment

We need a third striker this season imo.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Sounds like he might actually be on route.

Comment

Can he play left back? looks a bit short for a centre half! - Are we going for the we need to score 3 goals a game policy?

Does MW have some sort of blind spot about our woeful defending?

Comment

CB we have

- Barbet
                  - Dickie
                  - Materson
                  - Cameron (if required)

So, the issue is the tactics / settling them in for me, rather than buying a new CB.

LB we currently have

Wallace
                  Niko
                  Manning

Should Manning leave, we need a new first choice LB.

Comment

Oh Cameron. I love the way people consider him a utility player. He is pretty damn awful in his main role as a defensive midfielder who's legs have well and truely gone let alone putting him down as a potential centre half filling in type of player
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Oh Cameron. I love the way people consider him a utility player. He is pretty damn awful in his main role as a defensive midfielder who's legs have well and truely gone let alone putting him down as a potential centre half filling in type of player
                      I couldn't agree more about him as a CB.
                      QPR will need more than 3 CBs during the next 3 months of 2 games per week and the Christmas schedule.
                      I know Kakay can play there too, but that then leaves a way back in for Kane at RB and he is truly dreadful in that position.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                        Agree.
                        we could probably manage with Dykes and Bone given we play with 1 striker most matches. Another option might be to offer them Oteh in part exchange.
                        Or perhaps Smyth as part of the deal, especially if MW is not going to play him.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          Should I just pretended he wasn't here then? I simply said.. 'he's considered as a CB...' which he is.

Comment

It's not just about quantity. The 1st XI needs to have someone dependable/reliable in every position. I think we're short in 3 areas but maybe I'm being too optimistic in thinking an average Championship side can fill every position with a good player and at our level I have to accept we'll have a few first teamers who aren't necessarily top-drawer.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                              It's not just about quantity. The 1st XI needs to have someone dependable/reliable in every position. I think we're short in 3 areas but maybe I'm being too optimistic in thinking an average Championship side can fill every position with a good player and at our level I have to accept we'll have a few first teamers who aren't necessarily top-drawer.
                              I'm still hoping we bring in a couple of really tidy Loans.

Comment

• qpr4life
                                qpr4life commented
                                Editing a comment
                                For where? I would rather develop what we have, that rely on two huge loans like Hugil and Wells. (Who I loved and did well for us...)

But it isn't sustainable
                            Working...
                            X