Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition to allow fans return

EFL are backing this petition.
    Jeez never thought I would see the day this useless org would actually do something right.
    Unbelievable Jeff...

Without very strict conditions you wouldnt see me in a football stadium for the foreseeable. I would urge anyone over 50yrs to give it a miss too. It's just not worth the risk and let the younger fans take up the seats.

Comment

Seems a bit irresponsible to me.

At a time when infections are rising, social distancing is fraying to the extent of being threadbare (but that's not too much of a concern because we are all wearing face masks), and Winter is approaching. Let's all get together and watch football?

But, perhaps the petition addresses these concerns, and envisages a timescale when infections are decreasing and measures can be relaxed and attendances can be drastically limited, plus, of course travel implications have been adequately addressed..

Sorry for being personal, but I wasn't aware you were in the position of being able to attend too many games? Apologies if I am wrong.

Comment

I've been working away for six years living on hotels so it's hard to travel for a Sat. I get to about six games a season. But now embracing work from home so would go to more games if they were on and safe. But not for a while.

Comment

Would anyone actually want to go to a game with all the restrictions and hoops needed to jump through to get in?
          Been to the pub once since all this started......never again, horrible sterile experience, cannot see going to football being any different.

Comment

Absolutely despicable the way football thinks it should be allowed to herd people into stadiums. If I see another article about the cheeky toerags who run football "demanding to know when fans will be allowed back into games" I'll phone them up and and give them a piece of my mind.
            These chumps normally say the "football family" is above and beyond politics and that's why they can play games in countries with appalling records in terms of human rights and equality. But suddenly it suits these cheeky brazen grubby self-serving cretins to go whining to the government???

Comment

While cases are going up and let’s be realistic 40k died and rising I personally can’t see anyone being in a stadium this year.

Im not anti people going or it’s just another virus etc and more due from flu etc I’ve felt that crowds won’t be in stadia until a vaccine or antiviral drugs are found to be effective

Comment

But we're encouraged to go to the cinema, restaurants, all in doors.
                Something doesn't add up

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  But we're encouraged to go to the cinema, restaurants, all in doors.
                  Something doesn't add up
                  Not in Ireland ,no pubs,restaurants or cinemas open under our level 3 lockdown .

Comment

It's up to the individual. Its perfectly ok that people were allowed to cram onto Bournemouth beach in the middle of summer and sit on the tube with no distancing or facemask being worn but now people are saying dont go to the football. If you think it's too risky then stay at home. But dont have a go at people who are happy to go. I would love to go and watch a game even with all the restrictions that come with it. If you are happy to wander round the shops all day, sit in restaurants and meet up with friends and family, all indoors, then dont moan at people who are happy to sit outside for 90 mins with a facemask on and have washed hands etc to do their bit. We cant live in fear of covid so we have to live alongside it.....for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                      It's up to the individual. Its perfectly ok that people were allowed to cram onto Bournemouth beach in the middle of summer and sit on the tube with no distancing or facemask being worn but now people are saying dont go to the football. If you think it's too risky then stay at home. But dont have a go at people who are happy to go. I would love to go and watch a game even with all the restrictions that come with it. If you are happy to wander round the shops all day, sit in restaurants and meet up with friends and family, all indoors, then dont moan at people who are happy to sit outside for 90 mins with a facemask on and have washed hands etc to do their bit. We cant live in fear of covid so we have to live alongside it.....for now.
                      Agree, virus aint going nowhere so need to get off our knees and try as best we can ...however not happy to be forced to wear a mask or distance myself from others(not yet worn a mask and shake all my pals hands)
                      I am in my 50s and I am more than willing to take my chances...

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

Not in Ireland ,no pubs,restaurants or cinemas open under our level 3 lockdown .
                        Exactly! The poncey metrosexuals in London don't seem to realise that swathes of the land are subject to far more stringent measures than the mysterious "rule of 6". These measures look set to be even tighter soon too - it's getting to the stage where the question will be "Why is football going on at all" rather than "When will fans be back?"

Comment

Everything is within reason, but very little people are finding that right now, and rightly so with the mess the Gov have lead us in.

Rules havent been clear, and where I do agree we need to pull back right now with another sudden rise, I dont get the call out to go sit in a Cinema right now versus watching a game of football in a larger open space.

It's madness; best thing they can do, is raise their hands and say they've got it wrong.

CUT CLOTH, start again and give new guidelines across the board that make more sense.

Comment

My opinion constantly changes on the subject . I know I won't be going back to football tho as unless LR is full of nearly full it's not somewhere I want to be

Comment

Sadly would be ridiculous to allow fans back in. Covid needs to be managed as best as it can for the time being. The balance between controlling infection rates and the economy very hard.

I am not particularly fearful of Covid personally but live with someone in the at risk category so have worked from home since March and aside from seeing a small number of clients for essential meetings in my back garden have seen nobody except the odd shop assistant when doing food shopping. Not a way to live long term but to me worth the sacrifice. Have to say don't get the anti-mask thing. Seems such a small thing and should have been mandatory in shops etc from day one. May have had something to do with our idiotic PM and Govt and lack of PPE ...

Comment

Working...
                              X