How do we stand ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do we stand ?

With this window now shut, what’s the score with Bos and Manning ? I know they can see out their contracts but surely there has to be another way.

They can move to other Championship clubs until close of play on 16 October.

See out their contracts.

Go for much smaller fee in January.

Sign new contracts but maybe with a release clause or something. This is probably realistically the best outcome for us.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      They can move to other Championship clubs until close of play on 16 October.

See out their contracts.

Go for much smaller fee in January.

Sign new contracts but maybe with a release clause or something. This is probably realistically the best outcome for us.
      This is what I would like to see happen Hopefully they will sign new deals in the next week or so, because QPR needs both of them and even if Manning is not great at his defensive duties his attacking contribution to the side has been greatly missed imo.

I haven't seen Willock play, but it was said that he is fast and likes to dribble with the ball, and this is another feature that we are missing out on without Eze.

Adding Adomah to the squad gives QPR another decent attacking option and it will be interesting to see how Warburton utilises his squad when they restart in 2 week time, especially managing 2 games per week. There should be quite a bit of rotation, but hopefully with good options, especially in attack.

I hope the club can still bring in a few more defensive options i.e. another LB (needed if Manning is not an option) and CB, because you just know there will be a few injuries and suspensions coming our way before the January window. I know we have Masterson and Kakay who can play at CB, but really don't want to have to see Cameron or even Ball, filling in back there, they are better in front of the defence.

All in all the squad is now looking better.

Comment

Originally posted by Deridene View Post
        With this window now shut, what’s the score with Bos and Manning ? I know they can see out their contracts but surely there has to be another way.
        Window isn't shut. Domestic Transfers can still take place. BOS and Manning could still be sold to the Prem or Champ.

Same for us, we can still sign players. Willock had to be done yesterday as he was oversee at the time of the deal.

BOS, looks like he will sign a new deal tbf!!

Manning is the key now, if he doesnt sign then we need a new LB, unless Niko is the savior here..

Outside of that, its a superb window.

Money made, young players in, old contracts gone....

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

Window isn't shut. Domestic Transfers can still take place. BOS and Manning could still be sold to the Prem or Champ.

Same for us, we can still sign players. Willock had to be done yesterday as he was oversee at the time of the deal.

BOS, looks like he will sign a new deal tbf!!

Manning is the key now, if he doesnt sign then we need a new LB, unless Niko is the savior here..

Outside of that, its a superb window.

Money made, young players in, old contracts gone....
          Like the last line above. Sums it up perfectly.

BOS will likely stat given we will assure him we won’t stand in his way when the time for him to leave comes. He is close to having “the full game” but needs regular play to get there (versus riding a Prem bench).

Manning’s issue comes down to his previous and current agents — filled his head with grandeur — should stay for same reasons as BOS, but think that ship may have already sailed.

Lumley being in a contract “situation” is laughable. He is the model of mediocrity. Please let him go. Seny is the guy.

As for one more pickup, we still lack a central midfielder who can impose himself in the middle of the pitch (a Joey Barton type).

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post

Like the last line above. Sums it up perfectly.

BOS will likely stat given we will assure him we won’t stand in his way when the time for him to leave comes. He is close to having “the full game” but needs regular play to get there (versus riding a Prem bench).

Manning’s issue comes down to his previous and current agents — filled his head with grandeur — should stay for same reasons as BOS, but think that ship may have already sailed.

Lumley being in a contract “situation” is laughable. He is the model of mediocrity. Please let him go. Seny is the guy.

As for one more pickup, we still lack a central midfielder who can impose himself in the middle of the pitch (a Joey Barton type).
            Agree with all the above, for the life of me rip up lumleys deal he's kin useless and may as well do the same with Kelly, both are a liability and I wouldn't play them in a pub team.

Manning to be honest id rather see him further up the pitch im sorry I think his defending ability is as limited as Wallace but has a better ability to cross and more a threat further forward, I think he could do a better job in CM than Amos who must get better or once fans are in he's in for some stick which doesn't look like this season.

All in all I think the clubs doing much better has a plan that give us a platform moving forward that most fans agree on.

Comment

Working...
            X