Premier league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier league

Given the start promoted sides have had so far (and maybe its too early I accept). Who would really want promotion this season?

Yes, the extra money (if it is as plentiful as in the current season) would be welcome.

But is to go up, grab the money, and come down again something to desire?

VAR puts me off.
    Couldn't care less whether we go up or not

Comment

Staying up ( in the championship) will remain our main objective for some years to come,the problems that going up into the premiership would lead to wont be a problem for us ,not for the foreseeable future anyway.
      in the extremely unlikehood of us going up this season for example ,we wouldn't be allowed spent the amount needed to prevent immediate relegation ,even to finish above bottom place would be an achievement . Wont be an issue anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
        Given the start promoted sides have had so far (and maybe its too early I accept). Who would really want promotion this season?

Yes, the extra money (if it is as plentiful as in the current season) would be welcome.

But is to go up, grab the money, and come down again something to desire?
        Absolutely. I'd be happy with promotion and relegation every 4 years or so.
        "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Yeah promotion has to be our aim. Its showing we are going places and beating championship sides will only get us up weather we like it or not.

Comment

PL needs a lot of changes , var ruining the game penalties galore .. wouldn't like to go up unless we have a team that can compete

Comment

We are a championship club and being competitive in it is important. But promotion brings with it £100m and parachute money, so one season is probably worth £250m over four years if we got relegated straight away.

That's a huge amount of money to secure the club's future. If this does happen I reckon we'll stick with the players who got us up and take the cash.

Its championship football I love because I can watch my team win a few games and have a good day out. Life in L1 was great too.

Comment

I wouldn't have taken it before but I would now. I wouldn't spend big and it would definitely give our players more experience and make them better.

The key is to have a young squad and let them grow together. Don't matter if we come back down, that extra money would help pay slightly higher wages.

Comment

cant stand the premier league, too manicured, especially with var.
                  still go to all the home games and roughly 10 away games per season.
                  enjoy the the whole day, in the pub before and after having a laugh and a bit of banter.
                  prefered the league one days to be honest, visiting the old grounds and towns.
                  that 90 minutes of football gets in the way a bit, but if we win its a bonus, if we dont, who cares.
                  the blood is still, and always will be blue and white hoops in my veins.

Comment

Have no problem being in this league, that said the dream has to be to win it outright, or another glorious day at Wembley, which would find us back in the Prem and give the Bank balance a nice boost, while we strive to survive.

Comment

The Premier League don't want piddly clubs with sub-20K stadia in it. They tolerate a brief one season stint by a couple of minnows but longer term they want Villa, Leeds, Newcastle and West Ham rather than Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford or us. Reckon they were ####-a-hoop when Bournemouth and Watford went in same season.
                      I keep saying it but you have to think of the Prem as a TV channel..... When they're working out their broadcast schedules they don't want Burnley stinking things up and causing a haemorrhage of viewers do they? They want a constant stream of Liverpool, United, City, Spurs. Salah, Sterling, Rashford, Kane..... not bleeding Jeff Hendrick or Tim Ream.
                      The whole thing makes me nauseous and I don't really want any part of it.

Comment

Holy schmokes
                        'ammers trying to do a QPR v Vale there.
                        3 gls in last 10!
                        Good effort boys, I stopped watching once the 3rd spuds had gone in

Comment

VAR would definitely do my head in, until they get that sorted I have no interest in going up, apart from it means we do well this season. VAR is not what football is about and continues to leave me cold every weekend! You just know it would be a VAR decision that costs us.

Comment

The main issue in the prem is the refs are abysmal they make bad errors then compound it with var

theres no realistic opportunity other than sold out for us the squad would need a massive injection on cash wages etc and I’d rather us be solid financially if we do go up at some point honestly we score v Chelsea last minute and var rules it out I’d be gutted it’s ruining football at a quicker rate than sky money

Comment

I'm convinced VAR is a conspiracy and a deliberate construct to give likes of Sky and TalkSport and the other sporting access media something to go on about for hours/days between games. There is no other logical explanation as to why VAR is so diabolical. Likes of cricket and rugby use video technology seamlessly with no controversy whatsoever - the misuse of VAR in the prem is clearly a conscious and deliberate ploy.

Comment

Working...
                              X