No announcement yet.

Good result. Woeful performance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positives - Dieng, Bonne plus we defended set pieces far better, including all those long throws. Negative, even simple passes seemed beyond some of them. Might be to do with the conditions.

Comment

I find it's best not to listen to Warburton's post match assessments - they just make one confused and angry. A point in a grim Northern dump on a day of foul and diabolical weather is a decent outcome though.

Comment

I agree with the OP that the late equalizer papered over a poor performance, I stated that several times in the match thread, the bottom line is we got an away point so no complaints there! The squad obviously needs bolstering as we seem weak in some areas, I think the midfield is a problem, one that can be fixed however! Cameron isn't a 90 minute player to me and in fact I would consider starting Ball there, Chair and Amos seem too lightweight without contributing much, the jury is still out on TC! Our passing was terrible at times yesterday, that has to improve! On the positive side I really liked Dieng, Bonne had a dream debut, we got a solid match out of Wallace and Kakay looks fairly comfortable! Hopefully the squad is improved very soon, that late goal certainly changes my mood for the week!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
          I'm glad everyone seems happy. Good point but for me, performance very poor against very average team. And don't think Chair got one dead ball right. Hoping for a bit more quality before deadline.
          What about the corner from which Cameron hit the post?

Agree though, that it was a good point away from home, but the performance was disappointing. There seems to be a lack of urgency to attack teams and at times it seems that Warburton is satisfied with passing the ball around with little attacking purpose.

I would like to see a lb signed and if Manning stays perhaps play him as a left winger, as his crossing is often very good and we know he can score goals too.

Comment

We are 9th at the mo so not woeful as them below us is how I look at it and with additions coming in today ?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

You have to say a great delivery from Wallace and a great finish from Bonne , bit harsh to criticise when playing crowdless games in empty stadiums
              Barbet made the cross, Kammy got that wrong.

Comment

Funny game really, personally thought that we looked ok. We keep the ball ever so well, which we havent in many a years. With that in mind, the opposition can score without the ball, which is why I think were doing better.

We lack POTENT creativity, rather than goals itself right now. For example Eze would ping a ball out of nowhere and create something, which we dont have right now.

BOS is our only really direct threat, get Adomah and 1/2 others in, and we look decent IMO. (Assuming the top two score some goals)

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                  Funny game really, personally thought that we looked ok. We keep the ball ever so well, which we havent in many a years. With that in mind, the opposition can score without the ball, which is why I think were doing better.

We lack POTENT creativity, rather than goals itself right now. For example Eze would ping a ball out of nowhere and create something, which we dont have right now.

BOS is our only really direct threat, get Adomah and 1/2 others in, and we look decent IMO. (Assuming the top two score some goals)
                  Yes, we keep the ball better, but as you say, there is a clear lack of creativity from the current midfield trio of Cameron, Carroll and Amos. Keeping possession of the ball in our own half doesn't make good for entertaining football. The full backs don't get forward and supply good crosses often enough. Chair is not a winger and for me is wasted out on the wings. I would rather have him in a central attacking midfield role.

I think Warburton should find a system that works so that QPR can play with both Dykes and Bonne in the starting line up, with wide players delivering crosses into the box, whether that's wingers, wingbacks or full backs. We need to have good attacking options from the bench too.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Yes, we keep the ball better, but as you say, there is a clear lack of creativity from the current midfield trio of Cameron, Carroll and Amos. Keeping possession of the ball in our own half doesn't make good for entertaining football. The full backs don't get forward and supply good crosses often enough. Chair is not a winger and for me is wasted out on the wings. I would rather have him in a central attacking midfield role.

I think Warburton should find a system that works so that QPR can play with both Dykes and Bonne in the starting line up, with wide players delivering crosses into the box, whether that's wingers, wingbacks or full backs. We need to have good attacking options from the bench too.

Well given we are in for 3 wingers, most of the above because null potentially. Chair back to the middle and a possible formation swap.

Comment

Well given we are in for 3 wingers, most of the above because null potentially. Chair back to the middle and a possible formation swap.
                      Something like this?

Dieng
                      Kakay. Dickie Barbet
                      Ball Carrol
                      BOS. Manning
                      Chair
                      Bonne. Dykes

This is without even including new additions hopefully added these next 2 weeks.

Comment

I think the most irritating and galling part of things is we know we can play better but when faced with pedestrian or lesser opposition we seem to become tentative, powder-puff and lightweight. Frankly, if we don't start getting after teams that are there for the taking we are going to be in for a long stressful season.
                        That Barbet cross was nothing special, just a too-high hoik into the box that their defenders should have gobbled up. However, because they are bang average their defenders missed it and we scored.... the goal was an object lesson in how bleeding simple it can be to score against the average Championship defence. We need to do that several times in every game rather than faffing about playing in front of the opposition and achieving diddly-squat.

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

Something like this?

Dieng
                          Kakay. Dickie Barbet
                          Ball Carrol
                          BOS. Manning
                          Chair
                          Bonne. Dykes

This is without even including new additions hopefully added these next 2 weeks.
                          Quite easily, though I think you'll find Cameron will start most games over Ball and we'll have LB / LWB in there for that.

Could even be a 433

Dieng

KaKay Dickie Barbet (LB TBC)
                          Caroll Cameron Amos
                          BOS Dykes Bonne

or

Caroll Cameron Amos
                          BOS Dykes Adomah

Comment

Quite easily, though I think you'll find Cameron will start most games over Ball and we'll have LB / LWB in there for that.

Could even be a 433

Dieng

Caroll Cameron Amos
                            BOS Dykes Bonne

or

Caroll Cameron Amos
                            BOS Dykes Adomah
                            This is where the problem lies, the lack of creativity in our MF and the slow pace we play at with Cameron and Amos in there.

Would like to see us having a real go at teams with our 2 best crossers of the ball wide players (BOS and Manning) supplying crosses for our 2 strikers to score!

Comment

Could even be a 433

Dieng

Caroll Cameron Amos
                              BOS Dykes Bonne

or

Caroll Cameron Amos
                              BOS Dykes Adomah
                              I hate that midfield 3 playing together , lightweight and lacks creativity.

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

This is where the problem lies, the lack of creativity in our MF and the slow pace we play at with Cameron and Amos in there.

Would like to see us having a real go at teams with our 2 best crossers of the ball wide players (BOS and Manning) supplying crosses for our 2 strikers to score!
                                For argument sake you could go with Thomas there, or Chair. Options are opened up with 2/3 more in the door

Comment

Working...
                                X