The Vultures are circling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Vultures are circling

League One clubs are looking to buy Paul Smyth and have made enquiries. With a year left on his contract, it looks like a sale is on the cards. Dont shoot the messenger. I get my info from a someone in the know (West London Sport)

I wouldnt call them vultures. If the coaching staff dont think he's going to be good enough then hopefully we can get a small fee for him. There will be plenty of footballers available to us in the last few days of the transfer window if we need better options.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      I wouldnt call them vultures. If the coaching staff dont think he's going to be good enough then hopefully we can get a small fee for him. There will be plenty of footballers available to us in the last few days of the transfer window if we need better options.
      Better options? Any bloody option would do! We need players IN the door, not OUT! Come on Rangers get some boys through the door, the squad has been decimated from last season and look how that went. Heaven forbid if Dykes, BOS or Chair get injured! Where would our attacking options be then?

Comment

Never been given a chance so hard to judge but as long as we have another forward option coming in I’d say no problem. Good luck to him. Seems a nice kid and deserves to play.

Comment

If he's not going to be used ( I can't understand why ) then sell him if we get a fee however small it might be just help to make up what we can offer for someone we think we can use

Comment

Shame really, always looked like he had something to offer, given a run of games

Comment

I think it speaks volumes that it’s league 1 clubs that are after him .

Comment

As long as a decent sell on fee is included, he may as well be sold if MW won’t play him.
                However, at least two other strikers/attackers must be added to the squad. This squad is woefully short of creative and attacking options.

Comment

I would still like to see what he can do if paired with Dykes in a two striker formation!
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

He came on as sub in the last game and looked pretty poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                      Yeah, he looked a boy amongst men. And his beard wasnt fooling me, he just looked like an odd looking 15 yr old.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                        Maybe so, but he deserves another appearance of at least 20 mins before discarding. After all , how many minutes has Oteh had in the last 4 months?

I'm not convinced he is good enough, but would prefer he gets a fair chance before selling him, especially given the lack of alternatives.

Comment

Start him up front with dykes next game see how he gets on

Comment

He’s got more hope than oteh in being snapped up. Deserves at least a few games imo My dog closer to pro football player than oteh

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                              Start him up front with dykes next game see how he gets on
                              Agreed, but Warburton probably will stick with his formation that plays 1 striker with 3 midfielders.

Comment

Working...
                              X