Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Agreed

But as a contractor working away from home and living in hotels for the last 6yrs my weight ballooned to 16st 4lbs which is a lot for being 5'7'. This put my BMI into the obese category which is a medical condition. I'm now down to 13st 7lbs and still have another 1.5st to lose.

Just found another contract which is 100% home working so hopefully the new world will see workers stopping unnecessary commuting and having time to live a healthier lifestyle too. I know loads of people who have lost weight recently due to COVID.

All deaths have been horrible but some good may come from the "new normal".
    Well done on your weight loss Sheep and the contract too.

In some ways the lockdown has had a beneficial effect, not least on the environment and your "stopping unnecessary commuting" comment really contributes. I hope that that can be maintained.
    "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Some facts
      The Suicide rate has gone through the roof
      Untold people have died as a result of not receiving treatment for Cancer and other serious health issues
      Our Children have be denied Education and social stimulation, let's not talk about the ones that have really suffered at home
      Many have lost their Homes and Their Jobs
      Small businesses have gone under and still are.
      I could go on
      But that's ok because, it's The New World and us workers can all ride a bike to work, in our Skinny Jean's, the new normal, oh how I embrace the beneficial effect.
      Just need to swap the Rose Tints for Blinkers

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        neil is sound used to leave tickets out for his dustman in ham for free , get well soon
        Very generous and thoughtful man.
        My missus used to work in a bakery.
        And amazingly the great man went in.
        Not an area he usually frequents btw, so it was rare.
        She recognized him asked him to sign a paper bag for me.
        I was chuffed.
        He went back the next day with a copy of the QPR magazine (remember them?) and signed a copy of that to me.
        He wasn't even shopping there that day.
        He called in just to do that.

Comment

I cannot understand this closing the pubs at 10pm.
          I'm not going out at all, but does covid-19 come out at 10?
          Living where I do we have been overwhelmed with holiday makers, and still have them.
          The season should not have been reopened all locals knew this.
          I really think everybody should have been told to stay within their county boundaries for this year.
          Go out and support your own local business and attractions.
          It would've stopped this spreading imo.
          It seems the disease not only tells the time, but took the summer off

Comment

Agree Dave. Everyone knew there was a good possibility of a second wave but lifting all restrictions in the way they did almost guaranteed it. I appreciate the need to get the economy back on track and as always there is a balance to be struck but I don't understand some of the decisions.

No crowds allowed back in footy grounds from 1st October now.
            "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              Living where I do we have been overwhelmed with holiday makers, and still have them.
              I really think everybody should have been told to stay within their county boundaries for this year.
              Do you think the Spike in cases may be linked to the fact they are testing on mass now?
              It only comes out at 10, makes you think
              Are your shop Keepers worried and wearing masks and gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                Bombshell announcement today is pubs can't open until 9:45pm though....

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

And you have to drink your pint, through your mask, with your Hands in your pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

They need that time though, to take your temperature, enter your name, phone number and e-mail address for tracing, and then explain their Covid safe arrangements.

And don't forget, its not just you, but any other customers who might turn up.

"Time Gentleman please" (as they used to say, but can't now - and quite rightly so- as its sexist).

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie Rangers View Post

Do you think the Spike in cases may be linked to the fact they are testing on mass now?
                      It only comes out at 10, makes you think
                      Are your shop Keepers worried and wearing masks and gloves.
                      I think the amount of tests are impacting numbers.
                      Also the test is picking up all coronavirus like colds, so some are going to be those.
                      Just heard Boris impose his new rules

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                        Agree Dave. Everyone knew there was a good possibility of a second wave but lifting all restrictions in the way they did almost guaranteed it. I appreciate the need to get the economy back on track and as always there is a balance to be struck but I don't understand some of the decisions.

No crowds allowed back in footy grounds from 1st October now.
                        Agree Buff, the decision making is chaotic and senseless

Comment

Working...
                        X