Recruitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruitment

The recruitment at this club has been poor since the takeover 10 years ago, bar a handful of exceptions, and that includes managers. Apart from the Bobby Zamora goal at Wembley it's been a huge disappointment and we have gone backwards, struggling to stay in the Championship year after year and have been left behind by clubs who we used to play on a regular basis, like Palace, Burnley, Wolves, Sheff. Utd, Leicester and until last season Watford and Bournmouth. Even Brentford, our little cousins down the road have gone past us in the way they play and recruit. Lee Hoos bleats on about how the owners are keeping the club afloat by writing a check every month, I would suggest that the majority of clubs in the football league are being funded by their owners, and while I appreciate their financial commitment, I don't appreciate it being used as a stick to beat the fans with. All this is deeply worring for the future.

We are still paying the price for the boom and bust years when Fernandez first walked in the door . Hughes and Redknapp given free reign to spend as much as they like was criminal. We then had a transfer embargo and ffp fine . The last few years we have been run properly with youngsters breaking through and some shrewd signings . To throw a blanket over the last 10/15 years is unfair in my opinion but we are still hamstrung by it .

Comment

It's all down to dosh wasted as stains posted.
      We now have to shop in poundland.
      Better than a couple of years ago though, when we were foraging in the skip at the back of the Shepherd's Bush market for broken, out of date, merchandise.
      I would like to see another 2 defenders, and another 2 strikers.
      Don't mind if they're from lower down, as long as they are quick, agile and want to prove themselves here.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        It's all down to dosh wasted as stains posted.
        We now have to shop in poundland.
        Better than a couple of years ago though, when we were foraging in the skip at the back of the Shepherd's Bush market for broken, out of date, merchandise.
        I would like to see another 2 defenders, and another 2 strikers.
        Don't mind if they're from lower down, as long as they are quick, agile and want to prove themselves here.
        Agreed.

If we get money for Manning then it's a must that some of that is used to give BOS the money he wants. The remainder should be used to buy our own players. That should be enough to get us to mid table. What I dont want is to see loan players coming in at £15-20k a week to achieve mudtable. Put that money into our own players so we have more chance of more coming good to sell on to support the club going forward.

If Oli McBurnie gets sold for £20m then there's no reason why Dykes wont hit the same valuation in a couple of seasons. McBurnie and Dykes are similar players in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by rangersroar View Post
          The recruitment at this club has been poor since the takeover 10 years ago, bar a handful of exceptions, and that includes managers. Apart from the Bobby Zamora goal at Wembley it's been a huge disappointment and we have gone backwards, struggling to stay in the Championship year after year and have been left behind by clubs who we used to play on a regular basis, like Palace, Burnley, Wolves, Sheff. Utd, Leicester and until last season Watford and Bournmouth. Even Brentford, our little cousins down the road have gone past us in the way they play and recruit. Lee Hoos bleats on about how the owners are keeping the club afloat by writing a check every month, I would suggest that the majority of clubs in the football league are being funded by their owners, and while I appreciate their financial commitment, I don't appreciate it being used as a stick to beat the fans with. All this is deeply worring for the future.
          I feel the only reply I have to this is:

Yes, but apart from the route those that be have adopted, what's the solution?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Agreed.

If we get money for Manning then it's a must that some of that is used to give BOS the money he wants. The remainder should be used to buy our own players. That should be enough to get us to mid table. What I dont want is to see loan players coming in at £15-20k a week to achieve mudtable. Put that money into our own players so we have more chance of more coming good to sell on to support the club going forward.

If Oli McBurnie gets sold for £20m then there's no reason why Dykes wont hit the same valuation in a couple of seasons. McBurnie and Dykes are similar players in my opinion.
            Yeah spot on post

Comment

Originally posted by rangersroar View Post
              Yep. The sales are also in question. Eze for 20 plus sell on is ok but Brentford got 33million plus add one for Watkins

Austin 3rd top premier league goal scorer and 4 million

Freeman top assist maker 5 million

Players running down their contracts not great, Manning going for peanuts and Bright. The counter argument is you can’t keep a player but if you get their contracts right to begin with ... also seeing people praise the Kakay contract extension, he’s actually making 4 to 5 mistakes a game, he’s not reliable

I just want the club to be smart, it’s not about the budget it’s about being smart. I don’t think we can progress with current owners, DOF & CEO

I really couldn’t be bothered to watch last night and thought I should watch it, not because I want to, because I should. As you can see I don’t have tolerance to this club, when the owners took over we were Premier League, we are now fighting to stay up in the league below every season, the same mistakes are made every season. How often do we start the season not ready and why haven’t we sorted out our shocking goal keeper situation yet?! This club is stupid
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post

Yep. The sales are also in question. Eze for 20 plus sell on is ok but Brentford got 33million plus add one for Watkins

Players running down their contracts not great, Manning going for peanuts and Bright. The counter argument is you can’t keep a player but if you get their contracts right to begin with ... also seeing people praise the Kakay contract extension, he’s actually making 4 to 5 mistakes a game, he’s not reliable

I just want the club to be smart, it’s not about the budget it’s about being smart. I don’t think we can progress with current owners, DOF & CEO

I really couldn’t be bothered to watch last night and thought I should watch it, not because I want to, because I should. As you can see I don’t have tolerance to this club, when the owners took over we were Premier League, we are now fighting to stay up in the league below every season, the same mistakes are made every season. How often do we start the season not ready and why haven’t we sorted out our shocking goal keeper situation yet?! This club is stupid
                These are fair points qpr.I think fans deserve better then the current regime of idiots running the club

Comment

Originally posted by OneJamieMackie View Post

These are fair points qpr.I think fans deserve better then the current regime of idiots running the club
                  The idiots that took a triple released footballer who was stacking shelves at Tesco and made him into a £20m player? Those idiots you mean?

As we've said, the past is the past, and the new strategy is coming together. Let's see where we are when the window closes. One thing is for sure, if that defence isnt sorted shortly after the window closes, and we're in a relegation battle come Xmas, then MW will be sacked.

Comment

The idiots that took a triple released footballer who was stacking shelves at Tesco and made him into a £20m player? Those idiots you mean?

As we've said, the past is the past, and the new strategy is coming together. Let's see where we are when the window closes. One thing is for sure, if that defence isnt sorted shortly after the window closes, and we're in a relegation battle come Xmas, then MW will be sacked.
                    Wasting your time sheep , you know some fans have an agenda and will stick to it regardless of all the evidence pointing to the contrary.couldnt even be bothered to watch , wow what a fan .

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post

Contradiction after contradiction , we don’t do contracts right yet a young talent like Kakay gets a long contract and it’s a mistake . Austin 6 months left on contract , no brainer to cash in . Freeman £5 million for a player back in our division and getting beat by us last week .Record transfer fee just brought into club but hey Brentford sold for more .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Wasting your time sheep , you know some fans have an agenda and will stick to it regardless of all the evidence pointing to the contrary.couldnt even be bothered to watch , wow what a fan .
                        I know but I cant resist.....

With the permanent signings we're making and the ever reduced reliance on the loan market we should have a very stable squad come next season. Mid table this season and a proper push next season is how I see it. The loan market was good at the time but we cannot have the disruption it causes when their clubs want to sell them having performed well with us. If we sign loan players then it must come with the option for us to buy them at a price agreed before they play for us. I would not want more than one loan signing in our first team outside of that criteria.

Comment

I know but I cant resist.....

With the permanent signings we're making and the ever reduced reliance on the loan market we should have a very stable squad come next season. Mid table this season and a proper push next season is how I see it. The loan market was good at the time but we cannot have the disruption it causes when their clubs want to sell them having performed well with us. If we sign loan players then it must come with the option for us to buy them at a price agreed before they play for us. I would not want more than one loan signing in our first team outside of that criteria.
                          It seems like we are pursuing Bonne as a permanent deal so should that come off we would own 2 strikers on long deals , that would be positive.I see your point on the loans because of what happened with Wells but I would still be open to a couple of loans purely down to what they would add to the squad right now .

Comment

Originally posted by OneJamieMackie View Post

Omg your as bad as **************. I think rangers deserve better fans than you two

Comment

• SheepRanger
                              SheepRanger commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Amended.
                              No personal insults please

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Working...
                            X