Mini league 2020/2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini league 2020/2021

Before I start I will say from the offset that I dont think we will be relegated this season and predict a 17th spot finish but do expect us to be involved in the relegation mire ,hovering around the mid bottom half of the table for most of the season.
    I'm confident we wont be relegated because there at at least 5 teams weaker than us this season,in fact this is the weakest championship line up I can remember in many years ,especially with Sheff wed starting on -12 points.
    anyway I didnt do any mini league at the start of last season as I was quietly optimistic we would not be involved in a mini league ,this season I'm pretty sure we will be .
    this is my mini league of 10 teams in alfabethic order
    Barnsley
    Birmingham
    Blackburn
    Coventry
    Luton
    QPR
    Reading
    rotherham
    Wycombe
    Sheff wed

I don't see Blackburn struggling, I'd swap them out for Huddersfield. Most worrying aspect of last season was amount of points we dropped against teams below us - it's no good beating Leeds then losing to Charlton and Barnsley. If we can be ruthless against our mini-league rivals we should enjoy a comfy midtable position and even enjoy a few moments of thinking 6th spot is not so far off.

Comment

Agree with most of the sides there. Blackburn won’t be involved. Safely in mid table. ,

Huddersfield made a shocker of a decision getting rid of the cowleys so that will put them in the mini league this term.

Think Coventry very underrated side and don’t see them going down , feel there surprise a few this year.

Luton recruitment been decent so far. there be down there but not in serious trouble.

If I had to pick 6 sides who I reckon will be in serious danger of dropping I’d say

sheff weds - with the points deduction ,

Rotherham & Wycombe - with there budgets and adapting to higher level ,

​​​​​reading - done there balls trying to compete. Chucked loads of money away on poor signings. Total mismanagement and ffp problems , Poor manager appointment again aswell.

us - constant cutting backs Every year without any decent investment eventually we’re come unstuck .hopefully we can get away with it again .

Barnsley - nearly went last year. But we like helping our rivals out so 6 points given to them to survive

darkhorse for me this year are Middlesbrough, pony last season but with sir Neil wanting 1 more promotion I can see him doing what he did with Cardiff. Top 6 finish for me

ive left myself open abit here haha . But Will be a laugh seeing how it pans out

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
        Agree with most of the sides there. Blackburn won’t be involved. Safely in mid table. ,

Huddersfield made a shocker of a decision getting rid of the cowleys so that will put them in the mini league this term.

Think Coventry very underrated side and don’t see them going down , feel there surprise a few this year.

Luton recruitment been decent so far. there be down there but not in serious trouble.

If I had to pick 6 sides who I reckon will be in serious danger of dropping I’d say

sheff weds - with the points deduction ,

Rotherham & Wycombe - with there budgets and adapting to higher level ,

​​​​​reading - done there balls trying to compete. Chucked loads of money away on poor signings. Total mismanagement and ffp problems , Poor manager appointment again aswell.

us - constant cutting backs Every year without any decent investment eventually we’re come unstuck .hopefully we can get away with it again .

Barnsley - nearly went last year. But we like helping our rivals out so 6 points given to them to survive

darkhorse for me this year are Middlesbrough, pony last season but with sir Neil wanting 1 more promotion I can see him doing what he did with Cardiff. Top 6 finish for me

ive left myself open abit here haha . But Will be a laugh seeing how it pans out

No decent investment , spent between 4/5 million already , 5 players in and more to come . Is there that many in our league that have done the same apart from Brentford.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

No decent investment , spent between 4/5 million already , 5 players in and more to come . Is there that many in our league that have done the same apart from Brentford.
          Spent 4/5 million have we ? ..... dream on

Comment

Dykes reportedly 2 million , Dickie reportedly £1.8 million and Amos between £500k and £1 million , as well as bringing In Thomas and Carroll but you keep banging on about no investment.

Comment

Dykes reportedly 2 million , Dickie reportedly £1.8 million and Amos between £500k and £1 million , as well as bringing In Thomas and Carroll but you keep banging on about no investment.
              reportedly.. I’m glad u said that. As every 1 of those you have said are wrong. Warburton already said we’ve Spent no where near what has been reported. And we won’t be doing so either. But what does he know he’s just our manager. We’re go on what you’ve said instead. As for the banging on comment that made me laugh. I’ve rarely posted on here last few years. Yet Uve been on here 2 minutes and every post is happy clapping nonsense. Have a look at yourself

Comment

reportedly.. I’m glad u said that. As every 1 of those you have said are wrong. Warburton already said we’ve Spent no where near what has been reported. And we won’t be doing so either. But what does he know he’s just our manager. We’re go on what you’ve said instead. As for the banging on comment that made me laugh. I’ve rarely posted on here last few years. Yet Uve been on here 2 minutes and every post is happy clapping nonsense. Have a look at yourself
                No just trying to bring a bit of reality to all the doom and gloom merchants . Those fees were widely reported by numerous sources but it doesn’t suit the agenda of some posters that the club are investing in the squad and still looking to do more . We all know are a few short but how about wait until the window closes before we all judge .

Comment

I'm sure those fees mentioned are being paid on the drip same we we're being paid the Eze money in chunks over the length of the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                    I'm sure those fees mentioned are being paid on the drip same we we're being paid the Eze money in chunks over the length of the contract.
                    I don’t doubt that sheep .

Comment

Had a peak at first few rounds of fixtures. Blimey, Wednesday have some toughies...... poor blighters will probably still be on -12 points after 4 or 5 games. Their chins will be on the floor and they'll be jumping up and down on trapdoor and it won't even be Halloween. None of the promoted teams came up with any sort of conviction or charge, they all lost boatloads of games so they won't have the momentum you normally associate with newly promoted teams. I get the feeling we could stay up with 38pts this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        Had a peak at first few rounds of fixtures. Blimey, Wednesday have some toughies...... poor blighters will probably still be on -12 points after 4 or 5 games. Their chins will be on the floor and they'll be jumping up and down on trapdoor and it won't even be Halloween. None of the promoted teams came up with any sort of conviction or charge, they all lost boatloads of games so they won't have the momentum you normally associate with newly promoted teams. I get the feeling we could stay up with 38pts this season.
                        Wednesday even starting on a even knell would be in my mini league ,but with a -12 point deduction they will have a hell of a fight to stay up this season.
                        Rotherham will be the team everyone will be aiming to beat twice ,they were woeful last time they came up .
                        normally I'd say 52 points would be needed to survive,i think with Wed starting on -12,and the likes of Rotherham and Wycombe, Barnsley and Luton i would expect around 45 points could be enough this season .
                        its the weakest championship on paper in many years ,maybe decades

Comment

No just trying to bring a bit of reality to all the doom and gloom merchants . Those fees were widely reported by numerous sources but it doesn’t suit the agenda of some posters that the club are investing in the squad and still looking to do more . We all know are a few short but how about wait until the window closes before we all judge .
                          Fair enough, I don’t have an agenda. I just have a different opinion. That’s all. I’d like us to get a few loans in and a couple of crafty cheap deals .and be nowhere near trouble . I just hope the board know what there doing. As I stand by us being in serious trouble if they get it wrong. The squads threadbare. Luckily we have a good manager in Warburton so I hope we can keep him for a while and let him carry on his good work with us

Comment

Fair enough, I don’t have an agenda. I just have a different opinion. That’s all. I’d like us to get a few loans in and a couple of crafty cheap deals .and be nowhere near trouble . I just hope the board know what there doing. As I stand by us being in serious trouble if they get it wrong. The squads threadbare. Luckily we have a good manager in Warburton so I hope we can keep him for a while and let him carry on his good work with us
                            I’m sure them loans will come as well as one or two more signings , believe me I’ll be as disappointed as everyone else if we don’t get them in .

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                              Before I start I will say from the offset that I dont think we will be relegated this season and predict a 17th spot finish but do expect us to be involved in the relegation mire ,hovering around the mid bottom half of the table for most of the season.
                              I'm confident we wont be relegated because there at at least 5 teams weaker than us this season,in fact this is the weakest championship line up I can remember in many years ,especially with Sheff wed starting on -12 points.
                              anyway I didnt do any mini league at the start of last season as I was quietly optimistic we would not be involved in a mini league ,this season I'm pretty sure we will be .
                              this is my mini league of 10 teams in alfabethic order
                              Barnsley
                              Birmingham
                              Blackburn
                              Coventry
                              Luton
                              QPR
                              Reading
                              rotherham
                              Wycombe
                              Sheff wed
                              Not sure Birmingham will be down there tbh, or Blackburn for that matter.
                              Coventry have a good manager and on the back of their success under him, will do well.
                              We need reinforcements of a certain standard, think the board will be lynched if they don't get some real quality in by the end of the window

Comment

Working...
                              X