Forest Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

Whatever! No point arguing with you. You will always wear your rose tinted specs. All I’m saying is players we have released/sold/lost haven’t been replaced, so how can we expect to compete at the same level? Business should have been completed before the first game is my point, and we are all entitled to our own opinion, that’s democracy!
    That would all happen if the transfer window closed tomorrow night like it should . While the window remains open you will still have clubs analysing their own squads and deciding who they think they can move on . Don’t blame the club blame the system .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

So are most other clubs in this league that are still looking to do business.This is what happens when the transfer window is still open for 3 weeks after the season has started.
      12 teams finished above us (if you include the relegated sides). Most of those have not depleted their squads the way QPR have done. Of those that finished below many have strengthened not weakened. Perhaps you should take that into account.

At this rate QPR are without doubt a bottom 8 side. I doubt that can be dressed up with any credibility. Unless of course Thomas is a wonder kid that somehow Leicester did not notice, Dickie is another top defender in the making and Dykes will smash up this league like Mitrovic or Watkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
        We are leaving it late to get a striker in for Saturday, got until midday tomorrow
        I have given up on that idea.

Comment

2-2
          Dykes, Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

Whatever! No point arguing with you. You will always wear your rose tinted specs. All I’m saying is players we have released/sold/lost haven’t been replaced, so how can we expect to compete at the same level? Business should have been completed before the first game is my point, and we are all entitled to our own opinion, that’s democracy!
            Can't argue with that really.
            We all knew that Eze would be sold for at least an 8 figure fee, and imo spent some of that in advance in order to build a stronger squads that would be ready and gelled by now.

Comment

Smyth can play alongside Dykes if needs be. Short term option..
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

12 teams finished above us (if you include the relegated sides). Most of those have not depleted their squads the way QPR have done. Of those that finished below many have strengthened not weakened. Perhaps you should take that into account.

At this rate QPR are without doubt a bottom 8 side. I doubt that can be dressed up with any credibility. Unless of course Thomas is a wonder kid that somehow Leicester did not notice, Dickie is another top defender in the making and Dykes will smash up this league like Mitrovic or Watkins.
                Who have we lost from our last game of last season ? Hugil , Eze , Rangel , Leistner . Of which Eze is going to be hard to replace , Hugil replaced by Dykes , Rangel was to old to keep and the emergence of Kakay with Kane as cover is enough and Leistner hadn’t kicked a ball for us in 6 months .Yes we need a few in but we haven’t been as decimated as you make out .

Comment

hope we go with dykes and smyth , please god not oteh

Comment

Who have we lost from our last game of last season ? Hugil , Eze , Rangel , Leistner . Of which Eze is going to be hard to replace , Hugil replaced by Dykes , Rangel was to old to keep and the emergence of Kakay with Kane as cover is enough and Leistner hadn’t kicked a ball for us in 6 months .Yes we need a few in but we haven’t been as decimated as you make out .
                    Why only the final game of last season?
                    i am referring to last season's squad as a whole. Of course we are depleted. In case you forgot we picked up a lot of points in the 2019 part of it (enough to have helped keep us up ).

we are replacing some experienced pros with untried kids and I seriously doubt they will be as good.
                    ​​I think you have you
                    r rose tinted specs on and keep trying to add gloss to this poor situation we are in.

Comment

Why only the final game of last season?
                      i am referring to last season's squad as a whole. Of course we are depleted. In case you forgot we picked up a lot of points in the 2019 part of it (enough to have helped keep us up ).

we are replacing some experienced pros with untried kids and I seriously doubt they will be as good.
                      ​​I think you have you
                      r rose tinted specs on and keep trying to add gloss to this poor situation we are in.
                      I actually think we are both singing from the same hymn sheet to be honest , I recognise we need to bring a few in but I’m prepared to give the club the full transfer window to do it . Like I said 5 in already and more to come .

Comment

[QUOTE=Stainrod;n2543023]

I actually think we are both singing from the same hymn sheet to be honest , I recognise we need to bring a few in but I’m prepared to give the club the full transfer window to do it . Like I said 5 in already and more to come ./QUOTE]

5? I make it 3 as Amos was part of last season's squad , including the restart mini season. By the way, QPR lost 5 of those 9 games with only 2 wins and the games were not exactly the hardest ones, were they?

Comment

[QUOTE=stanistheman;n2543025]

I actually think we are both singing from the same hymn sheet to be honest , I recognise we need to bring a few in but I’m prepared to give the club the full transfer window to do it . Like I said 5 in already and more to come ./QUOTE]

5? I make it 3 as Amos was part of last season's squad , including the restart mini season. By the way, QPR lost 5 of those 9 games with only 2 wins and the games were not exactly the hardest ones, were they?
                          Amos , Dykes , Thomas , Dickie and Carroll . I don’t get your take on Amos as he was no longer our player once the season ended , he is now for the next 3 years .

Comment

Yes we have until 5th October, but by then we could have already lost 4 matches. Just as we did 2 seasons ago when we left it late - and those of us who had been asking for signings since June were told we have until end of August!

The problem is this club doesnt appear to learn lessons well. We have been asking to buy our own striker since 2017 and only did so a few weeks ago.

Comment

Yes we have until 5th October, but by then we could have already lost 4 matches. Just as we did 2 seasons ago when we left it late - and those of us who had been asking for signings since June were told we have until end of August!
                              So what do we do Stan ? Do we demand that clubs sell us their players right now or else ? Do you think we have no bids on the table for anymore players ? How is the Bos and Manning situation going to unfold ? You make it all sound so easy when in reality it isn’t . We may well lose the first 4 games and you can turn round and say I told you so if that’s what you want . This is how the transfer Merry go round works , we are no different to other clubs trying to do business.

Comment

[QUOTE=Stainrod;n2543026]

Amos , Dykes , Thomas , Dickie and Carroll . I don’t get your take on Amos as he was no longer our player once the season ended , he is now for the next 3 years .
                                Apologies I forgot Carroll.
                                what is there not to get? Yes Amos left after his loan ended but he was playing for QPR last season therefore is not an addition to the number of players we had. Granted he has cost us a fee this time around but we are not disputing funding instead this is about squad numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X