Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bang in trouble....

As things stand.

last two games both against league 1 teams sums up where we are currently.

We have some very promising youngsters at the club but to rely upon them this year to stay up is a big ask.

Im bemused by many comments by plenty of fans who think one or two more signings will sort us out.

We had one of the worst defences in the league last year which we countered with one of the best attacks in Wells, Eze and Hugil.

All 3 have gone and we have lost two seasons pros in Hall and Leinster at the back.

Dickie is a good signing but him alone will not plug the holes at the back.

Dykes similarity is a good signing but he’s not 15-20 goal a season striker, his strengths lie in other areas like holding the ball up, bullying defenders and bringing other players into play.

He wasn’t prolific in Scotland so again it’s harsh to expect him to be the goalscoring replacement for Wells, Hugil and Eze.

Theres also this common consensus that young chair is the next Eze and let me tell he isn’t. The lads good but he’s miles behind Eze and giving him the number 10 shirt imo is to much pressure.

we need a gk, lumley and Kelly are a joke, defence is alarming, cdm not perfect but we do have options there, we lack creativity in the wings and attacking mod positions and up top we desperately need another striker or two.

I hope the club have realised the last two results are showing we do not have the squad to compete on the champ this year as it stands.

5/6 shrewd signings can change this quickly and in some ways propel us to be a decent team in the champ but one or two more won’t suffice imo.

That's the spirit maids, you don't know how many signings are planned none of us do.

Comment

I think they’ll try to bring in some Prem loans this week like the likes of Hugill, Wells. Just a waiting game to see how the prem squads turn out and wether they are available for loan. Wouldn’t worry too much yet just remember Wednesday start on -12 and there’s definitely 2 worse teams than us in that division.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        That's the spirit maids, you don't know how many signings are planned none of us do.
        granted mate, and this statement is based on the last two games, our current squad and the fact MW keeps on saying one or two more signings which imo will not be enough.

I am not of the opinion that there are defintely two worst teams than us - I think right now there are 6/7 champ teams equally as shyte as each other and we are one of them.

I don’t rule out the thought that we will bring in 5/6 players and the club are laying down our activity right now but my point above is based on current squad and if we only see one or two more players come in.

We are as things stand a incredibly weaker team than las t year and we need numerous new additions soon to be able to comfortably compete or we will be in a relegation battle.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

granted mate, and this statement is based on the last two games, our current squad and the fact MW keeps on saying one or two more signings which imo will not be enough.

I am not of the opinion that there are defintely two worst teams than us - I think right now there are 6/7 champ teams equally as shyte as each other and we are one of them.

I don’t rule out the thought that we will bring in 5/6 players and the club are laying down our activity right now but my point above is based on current squad and if we only see one or two more players come in.

We are as things stand a incredibly weaker team than las t year and we need numerous new additions soon to be able to comfortably compete or we will be in a relegation battle.
          Yeah sorry maids, flippant and un-necessary response from me.
          I do hope the manager is as concerned as you are.
          I also agree and hope we go for another cb, stkr ( obvs reasons) and possibly fbs.
          I don't know how BOS played today, but he is a worry if he's not interested as well.
          Don't want any bad apples in the barrel, that's if he is one mind

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
            I think they’ll try to bring in some Prem loans this week like the likes of Hugill, Wells. Just a waiting game to see how the prem squads turn out and wether they are available for loan. Wouldn’t worry too much yet just remember Wednesday start on -12 and there’s definitely 2 worse teams than us in that division.
            I think you could be right Fordy.
            QPR don't like spending out loan wages till they're playing.
            They always wait till the season is about to start or window closing.
            Let's hope they don't wait for the latter.

We def need some more help

Comment

You can't really say we had one of the worst defences in the league and two of them have gone can you.

Comment

Far too soon to say we're bang in trouble. There is no like for like replacement for Eze and it's not helpful comparing Chair. Our highest finish since relegation was without Eze...anyway we need to see how we get on over at least 5/6 league games. We've still got the end of this window and another transfer window around Jan. A lot can change over the course of a season!

Comment

As things stand.

last two games both against league 1 teams sums up where we are currently.

We have some very promising youngsters at the club but to rely upon them this year to stay up is a big ask.

Im bemused by many comments by plenty of fans who think one or two more signings will sort us out.

We had one of the worst defences in the league last year which we countered with one of the best attacks in Wells, Eze and Hugil.

All 3 have gone and we have lost two seasons pros in Hall and Leinster at the back.

Dickie is a good signing but him alone will not plug the holes at the back.

Dykes similarity is a good signing but he’s not 15-20 goal a season striker, his strengths lie in other areas like holding the ball up, bullying defenders and bringing other players into play.

He wasn’t prolific in Scotland so again it’s harsh to expect him to be the goalscoring replacement for Wells, Hugil and Eze.

Theres also this common consensus that young chair is the next Eze and let me tell he isn’t. The lads good but he’s miles behind Eze and giving him the number 10 shirt imo is to much pressure.

we need a gk, lumley and Kelly are a joke, defence is alarming, cdm not perfect but we do have options there, we lack creativity in the wings and attacking mod positions and up top we desperately need another striker or two.

I hope the club have realised the last two results are showing we do not have the squad to compete on the champ this year as it stands.

5/6 shrewd signings can change this quickly and in some ways propel us to be a decent team in the champ but one or two more won’t suffice imo.

I agree. Truthfully there is a lot to worry about atm. My main concern like you’ve said is how light the squad is as there is talent there

goalkeeper situation worry’s me so much, I think we need a steady championship keeper

I also think it’s wrong every season fans voice their concerns and are told by others it’s too early to panic, but if we get the recruitment right now, we don’t need to worry and mostly be proved right when other fans panic later in the season. I hate hindsite panicked because some fans see the problems AS ITS HAPPENING (now)

We as a club seem to make a lot of the same mistakes every season, I think we need to stop making the same mistakes. Smart DOF’s and CEO’s learn from mistakes, our clowns don’t learn. It’s time to have a clever DOF to direct us in the right direction
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                  Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                  Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                  Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                  And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post

I agree. Truthfully there is a lot to worry about atm. My main concern like you’ve said is how light the squad is as there is talent there

goalkeeper situation worry’s me so much, I think we need a steady championship keeper

I also think it’s wrong every season fans voice their concerns and are told by others it’s too early to panic, but if we get the recruitment right now, we don’t need to worry and mostly be proved right when other fans panic later in the season. I hate hindsite panicked because some fans see the problems AS ITS HAPPENING (now)

We as a club seem to make a lot of the same mistakes every season, I think we need to stop making the same mistakes. Smart DOF’s and CEO’s learn from mistakes, our clowns don’t learn. It’s time to have a clever DOF to direct us in the right direction
                    Well who would have seen a predictable post like that coming?.4 players in already and more to come , Warbs has said he knows what’s needed but let’s slaughter the board that have just brought in the clubs record transfer fee and actively looking to recruit the right players . Yawn .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Well who would have seen a predictable post like that coming?.4 players in already and more to come , Warbs has said he knows what’s needed but let’s slaughter the board that have just brought in the clubs record transfer fee and actively looking to recruit the right players . Yawn .
                      OH LOOK! It’s the guy who works for the club with the spin telling people what their opinion should be forcefully and your mission is to propaganda a positive image for the club Les or Lee, whoever you are

Fans like you tell fans like us not to worry and then the season starts and you’re all experts of HINDSITE

Why not spot the problem when it happens. The signs are not good atm. The main concern being we have no steady keeper. Defence has hardly changed and got weaker if anything, squad is light in general and the focus is hope Dykes does bits

Also while I’ve got your attention I’ve noticed you post and quite often have 2 likes to your comments, I think you have separate accounts and like your own post because it’s always TWO likes

You’re seriously pathetic, I’d love to meet you to chat out our differences and dislike for each other before a game when possible Les or Lee, whoever you are working for the club?
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

• SheepRanger
                        SheepRanger commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You've said your piece so hopefully this won't develop into another slanging match.

Originally posted by qpr View Post

OH LOOK! It’s the guy who works for the club with the spin telling people what their opinion should be forcefully and your mission is to propaganda a positive image for the club Les or Lee, whoever you are

Fans like you tell fans like us not to worry and then the season starts and you’re all experts of HINDSITE

Why not spot the problem when it happens. The signs are not good atm. The main concern being we have no steady keeper. Defence has hardly changed and got weaker if anything, squad is light in general and the focus is hope Dykes does bits

Also while I’ve got your attention I’ve noticed you post and quite often have 2 likes to your comments, I think you have separate accounts and like your own post because it’s always TWO likes

You’re seriously pathetic, I’d love to meet you... for a chat before a game when possible Les
                      As a boss of a multi million pound company and Dickies best mate of course You should read back through your pathetic posts . Judging by your spelling alone I’m convinced your about 14 years old .Not much point debating the clubs issues with you as You really are clueless.We have a good mix of posters on here with differing views and that’s how it should be . You have been ridiculed by numerous posters on here and I don’t see that changing any time soon .

Comment

• SheepRanger
                        SheepRanger commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You've said your piece so hopefully this won't develop into another slanging match.

I agree Maids. We are far weaker than last season and unless this is addressed very soon we will be in big trouble this season.

your assessment of the current squad is very accurate and only those with blind optimism think we will be ok with just one or two new signings.

we have added 3 new players so far (Amos was here last season too). We have lost about 9 players since January.

yes , there is time until the window closes and no, we don’t know what the club has in mind. However we have to play about 6 league games until then, and there are some very difficult fixtures amongst them.
                      I don’t fancy the current squad’s chances much.

Comment

FFS we were missing 2 internationals ! Squad recruitment isn't finished ! We know we've got dodgie keepers and hit and miss fullbacks , playing to empty lifeless stadiums judge their game in the middle of October

Comment

Warbs isn't stupid ( apart from "our goalie hadn't a save to make" remarks),he knows where we need strengthening ,and I'm confident we will get more players in and will be ok this season

Comment

Working...
                          X