What are the EFL plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the EFL plans?

I accept the Covid situation that struck in March was unprecedented and I'd not overly criticize those running football for their handling but, we are about to belatedly start a 46-game season whilst the global pandemic persists and a winter spike is likely. So, now we know the situation and probable impacts, what are EFL plans for handling:

The forced cancellation of multiple fixtures over several days/weeks?
    The possibility of curtailing the season without finishing it and deciding the ups/downs?
    Certain towns/regions (or Wales) having stringent local restrictions?
    Individual team(s) suffering an outbreak of covid?
    ​​​​​​
    I'm not being a wet-Nelly or hoping for any of the above but surely they need to put out some clear and transparent plans and preferably get everything agreed and voted on BEFORE season kicks-off or at the very least before any of the above happens. It will be a complete shambles if these stuffed shirts and blazers try and sort things out on the fly if and when they happen.

If I was in charge of QPR I'd budget for no crowds and anything more would be a bonus. Hopefully some of the Eze money has been kept back for that. I thought I heard this morning that Arsenal are having reduced crowds from early Oct. I can't see any problems throughout the season with away fans being banned and home games at 25% of capacity. With 4-5k fans at HQ youd be come into contact with more people in the supermarket. This COVID thing is getting daft now as they seem to be able to treat it better and the death rate per infected seem to be under control.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      I accept the Covid situation that struck in March was unprecedented and I'd not overly criticize those running football for their handling but, we are about to belatedly start a 46-game season whilst the global pandemic persists and a winter spike is likely. So, now we know the situation and probable impacts, what are EFL plans for handling:

The forced cancellation of multiple fixtures over several days/weeks?
      The possibility of curtailing the season without finishing it and deciding the ups/downs?
      Certain towns/regions (or Wales) having stringent local restrictions?
      Individual team(s) suffering an outbreak of covid?
      ​​​​​​
      I'm not being a wet-Nelly or hoping for any of the above but surely they need to put out some clear and transparent plans and preferably get everything agreed and voted on BEFORE season kicks-off or at the very least before any of the above happens. It will be a complete shambles if these stuffed shirts and blazers try and sort things out on the fly if and when they happen.
      It'll be what they did now.
      No fans in the ground.
      Btw I read somewhere an expert has claimed you're as likely to die from covid-19 as die in the bath.
      That's one in two million chance

Comment

They should at least allow ST holders in and maybe 1000 others on a single match day purchase basis.
        that would maybe mean a 25-40% full stadium depending on how many STs are sold.

also, the EPL are meeting up to discuss their plans on how to deal with things if another emergency ending is needed.

Comment

I was thinking more about "completing the season" than bums on seats. If it becomes apparent in mid-Feb that the season cannot be finished, have a plan in place for exactly what will happen. Ditto if a club gets decimated with Covid or 8 League One clubs go bust etc etc. My point is this: they can't throw their hands in the air and describe things as unprecedented - all the scenarios I mention are definitely in the realms of possibility so FFS have the conversations now and get everyone signed up to an agreed framework of contingencies and actions ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            They should at least allow ST holders in and maybe 1000 others on a single match day purchase basis.
            that would maybe mean a 25-40% full stadium depending on how many STs are sold.

also, the EPL are meeting up to discuss their plans on how to deal with things if another emergency ending is needed.
            Id probably look at allowing at least 50% capacity of season ticket holders, the other 50% for general sale.

Comment

The EFL won't have much say in what happens. They and the clubs will have to follow whatever the government decides. It's difficult to plan for something that you don't actually know what it is or when/if it will happen.

I am sure that the EFL will have some plans for different scenarios but I doubt they'll publish anything until one of those scenarios becomes likely.

Comment

EFL plans are to punish QPR hard if we step out of line and give a slap on the wrist to other teams

Comment

Originally posted by supahupa10101 View Post
                  EFL plans are to punish QPR hard if we step out of line and give a slap on the wrist to other teams
                  If Michael Gove is a true supporter, he should intervene.

Comment

Michael Buble at Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                    X