The problem the club have now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem the club have now

If we make a genuine enquiry for a player, they will add extra knowing we got some money to spend.

Bring players in will not be so simple and I hope we don't overpay.

Two to three years we'll be in good shape.

The targets we have are mostly unwanted, or lower league.
    So if we have trouble with clubs over inflating, we just make sure the players or their agents know.
    Player power will hopefully force the clubs to let them leave at a fair price, if we're a step up

Comment

I think the world and his dog knows that we aren't going to spend any of that money...

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
        I think the world and his dog knows that we aren't going to spend any of that money...
        You would think so but we always get done over.

Comment

True. I don't think we're alone in that though. It seems to be the nature of the business these days.

And it is a business, not a sport anymore. Sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
            If we make a genuine enquiry for a player, they will add extra knowing we got some money to spend.

Bring players in will not be so simple and I hope we don't overpay.

Two to three years we'll be in good shape.
            I agree,I think also in 2-3 years time we will be in better shape,and possibly in a position to challenge for promotion .

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

I agree,I think also in 2-3 years time we will be in better shape,and possibly in a position to challenge for promotion .
              Exactly, that short term fix at throwing money around made us look a joke. So glad it's behind us and we're back to our roots.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

Exactly, that short term fix at throwing money around made us look a joke. So glad it's behind us and we're back to our roots.
                100% agree, I dont get why some of our fans still think throwing money at things work, it doesnt and if you do you will end up back in trouble with the FFP Rules, we will simply end up back at square one again.

In fact the Eze transfer shows how the model of the club now is working, getting young players who want to progress and who want to kick on in their careers.

Just this week Niko was called up to the Finland Mens team for the first time and over the last 6 years, we have given debuts to 19 academy graduates, just shows our academy is becoming one of the best in the country.

Comment

Working...
                X