Warbs on official website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    Not suprising really to hear such a downbeat interview. As pointed out recently the vibes / messages from the club are very uninspiring to say the least.

All the clubs, bar those with parachute money, will obviously be hit financially without fans in the stadiums, but I wonder how many of those are giving out similar talks.

If they think 2 or 3 players coming in will gain equal or better results than last season then they are sadly mistaken. Unless those coming in will be of a high quality our 1st team will be weak. Even without selling BOS , Manning and Leistner, we have still lost a large part of last seasons squad.

Our defence last season was bottom 4 and with Hall and Rangel gone is likely to be even worse.

Then there is a now weaker attack line up to make winning games more difficult.

​​​​​​​Obviously this sounds like a lot of promotion for players from the development squad, like Bettache Gubbins Ramilkilde Hamalainen etc. I dont follow their results and dont know how good they are, but hopefully they will be capable of competing.

This has the makings of a very difficult season battling against the drop.

​​​​​​​Some on here will say this is a pessismistic post, but at the same time think nothing wrbong with Warburtons comments.

Our first team right now is league 1 standard and how can the bird expect to lose Eze, Hugil and Wells are main goal scorers from last season as well as Pugh, Hall, Rangel and more than likely Leinster and potentially BOS and Manning who have basically been told today you will either be sold or if you don’t sign new deals you are rotting in the reserves for a year.

Right now our hopes for the season will be on players like Kakay, Materson, mido, Smyth, Thomas, chair, bettache all being able to step up and perform consistently, which my in my opinion is a big ask.

i think all of them are good players and each of them can easily be squad members and maybe 2 or 3 of them starters but chuck them all in for a full 46 game season we are in trouble.

Amos and Dykes are good signings and if we get dickie we are getting a hell of a cab to partner barbet.

I have no issues with Warbs working the loan and feee transfer market as their are some great options. My only worry is when I hear he’s only looking for 2/3 more players as if that’s the case we are screwed.

We need 5 or 6 minimum and potentially more especially if BOS and Manning go.

I personally think the club are playing our position down and they know we need to recruit a dog I can’t amount of players. I also think they will back Warbs with more money then we all think or they are letting on!!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Our first team right now is league 1 standard and how can the bird expect to lose Eze, Hugil and Wells are main goal scorers from last season as well as Pugh, Hall, Rangel and more than likely Leinster and potentially BOS and Manning who have basically been told today you will either be sold or if you don’t sign new deals you are rotting in the reserves for a year.

Right now our hopes for the season will be on players like Kakay, Materson, mido, Smyth, Thomas, chair, bettache all being able to step up and perform consistently, which my in my opinion is a big ask.

i think all of them are good players and each of them can easily be squad members and maybe 2 or 3 of them starters but chuck them all in for a full 46 game season we are in trouble.

Amos and Dykes are good signings and if we get dickie we are getting a hell of a cab to partner barbet.

I have no issues with Warbs working the loan and feee transfer market as their are some great options. My only worry is when I hear he’s only looking for 2/3 more players as if that’s the case we are screwed.

We need 5 or 6 minimum and potentially more especially if BOS and Manning go.

I personally think the club are playing our position down and they know we need to recruit a dog I can’t amount of players. I also think they will back Warbs with more money then we all think or they are letting on!!
      Maybe if Leistner , Bos Manning Oteh etc. do leave then potentially Warbs talk of 2/3 will turn to 5/6 . Still very early in the transfer window to be jumping to conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Maybe if Leistner , Bos Manning Oteh etc. do leave then potentially Warbs talk of 2/3 will turn to 5/6 . Still very early in the transfer window to be jumping to conclusions.
        We need 5 or 6 before even thinking of replacing them 3. Eze, Hugil, Wells, Rangel, Pugh and Hall all gone already!!!

Comment

We need 5 or 6 before even thinking of replacing them 3. Eze, Hugil, Wells, Rangel, Pugh and Hall all gone already!!!
          We’ve brought 3 in already , so half of that group you mentioned have been replaced already with plenty of time still left to bring in more . I never get these threads about how depleted the squad is when we still have plenty of time left in the window . There will also be a few loan players we are looking at but their clubs probably haven’t decided on their own squads yet . We are in good hands and doing ok .

Comment

We’ve brought 3 in already , so half of that group you mentioned have been replaced already with plenty of time still left to bring in more . I never get these threads about how depleted the squad is when we still have plenty of time left in the window . There will also be a few loan players we are looking at but their clubs probably haven’t decided on their own squads yet . We are in good hands and doing ok .
            Amos hardly counts or we would had to replace him. He’s not a addition as such as he’s just repacking himself in effect.

Dykes, I agree is a genuine tick in the striker department but arguably we need at least another one if not two.

Thomas is also a gamble and not one fan here can say he’s defintely first team material.

Again, Wells, Hugil Eze are all top champ players and we only managed to finish 13th with them in our squad and we have now lost them.

Hopefully you don’t think Thomas and Dykes are the answer in quality for them?

Plus who’s going to replace our captain Hall, Leinster, Rangel? Kane was hardly reliable as a rb last year?

Plus if BOS goes are we saying Mido, Thomas and Smyth are our options for the season with chair our only creative number 10 who has to play every game? What happens if he gets injured or he doesn’t kick on in Eze’s absence?

Comment

Amos hardly counts or we would had to replace him. He’s not a addition as such as he’s just repacking himself in effect.

Dykes, I agree is a genuine tick in the striker department but arguably we need at least another one if not two.

Thomas is also a gamble and not one fan here can say he’s defintely first team material.

Again, Wells, Hugil Eze are all top champ players and we only managed to finish 13th with them in our squad and we have now lost them.

Hopefully you don’t think Thomas and Dykes are the answer in quality for them?

Plus who’s going to replace our captain Hall, Leinster, Rangel? Kane was hardly reliable as a rb last year?

Plus if BOS goes are we saying Mido, Thomas and Smyth are our options for the season with chair our only creative number 10 who has to play every game? What happens if he gets injured or he doesn’t kick on in Eze’s absence?
              I agree with a lot of what you are saying but you are talking like the transfer window is slamming shut tonight . There is lots of business still to be done by lots of clubs . I also believe the emergence of Kakay is a replacement for Rangel , when you add Kane we won’t need 3 RBs . Also the emergence of Masterson is a replacement for Leistner who we weren’t using anyway .Three players signed plenty of time left to add more .

Comment

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but you are talking like the transfer window is slamming shut tonight . There is lots of business still to be done by lots of clubs . I also believe the emergence of Kakay is a replacement for Rangel , when you add Kane we won’t need 3 RBs . Also the emergence of Masterson is a replacement for Leistner who we weren’t using anyway .Three players signed plenty of time left to add more .
                Yes, you are correct that the window is still open , but Warburton is saying 2 or 3 players to come in. We need more than that amount. The number of players we have moved on since January is 9. Even if we replace some of those with players from the Development Squad like Gubbins, Bettache etc we will still fall short plus they may not even be as good at this moment. We will in effect be playing with a far weaker squad than last season.

As for a weaker division, what makes anyone think that Norwich, Watford Bournemouth will not be as formidable as Leeds WBA and Fulham?

I don't rate Shodipo as a replacement for BOS of last season. If he is to come good it could take 2 more seasons to do so.

Neither BOS or Manning will be tempted to sign new contracts by the current squad or the club's plans for the season ahead. And it will be difficult to attract others of quality to join.

Comment

Need some good news, that’s for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Yes, you are correct that the window is still open , but Warburton is saying 2 or 3 players to come in. We need more than that amount. The number of players we have moved on since January is 9. Even if we replace some of those with players from the Development Squad like Gubbins, Bettache etc we will still fall short plus they may not even be as good at this moment. We will in effect be playing with a far weaker squad than last season.

As for a weaker division, what makes anyone think that Norwich, Watford Bournemouth will not be as formidable as Leeds WBA and Fulham?

I don't rate Shodipo as a replacement for BOS of last season. If he is to come good it could take 2 more seasons to do so.

Neither BOS or Manning will be tempted to sign new contracts by the current squad or the club's plans for the season ahead. And it will be difficult to attract others of quality to join.
                    I seriously don’t get the doom and gloom from some posters On here . Eze and Freeman both extended their deals and got their moves to the premier league . The window is open , we have signed 3 players already and are still looking to do business, cheer up .

Comment

we cannot afford to breach FFP rules again, thats why I can totally understand why the club and Warbs doesn't want to spend much money.

We will probably have enough room to do a deal for Dickie but after that its loans and free transfers.

Fans have to be realistic here, we are a club who wants to be sustainable and have the money in future to become self-sustaining, this is why we urgently need a new stadium, we have to accept short term pain for long term gain.

Comment

MARK Warburton insists that QPR will not be sucked into a spending spree as the R’s boss looks to improve his squad – despite the funds raised from the sale of Ebere Eze.

Eze’s move to Crystal Palace today (Friday) ended much speculation about where the talented playmaker’s future may lie.

However, Warburton says that the intention continues to be to develop young, hungry players in order to put the club in an even better financial position.

“I’ve read reports saying that we’ll spend eight, ten, twelve or fifteen million pounds – that’s never going to happen,” he told www.qpr.co.uk. “The owners are writing cheques every single month to keep the club afloat – the CEO (Lee Hoos) and Les [Ferdinand], our director of football, have been very clear on where we stand.

“The money will go towards reducing the financial burden. While fans will obviously look to sign ‘X, Y and Z’, that can’t be the case in the current financial landscape. We will be looking at free transfers, low-cost deals and the loan market – along with many other clubs.

“What we have to do is recognise how that money can be used to reduce the burden on the owners and hopefully allow for the long-term good health of QPR.”

Warburton added: “You’ve got to be disciplined and we’ve got to make sure we remain consistent in what we do.

“I hate the thought of a dressing room where one player is paid four or five times more than another player. How can you build unity and togetherness when that’s the case? I’m all for us bringing players in based on us being consistent with our wage bands.

“I hear some agents saying, ‘He’ll only cost you this’. But it can be too much money and I hope the fans understand where we’re coming from.

“There will always be a clamour for the more expensive players, but we’ve got to be disciplined – the work that has gone on by Lee, Les and the Board in recent months and years has been crucial in making sure that QPR are in a stronger position today to get through the COVID-19 situation and emerge through it to kick on harder again.

“I’m delighted with the players we’ve brought in so far. We need more, some of the young boys here need to be challenged.

"We’ve got the young players coming through, but their development programmes must never be forgotten. We’ve got to make sure that those guys are suitably challenged.

“Nothing beats pitch time – playing alongside a centre-half who needs to win to pay his mortgage, for instance. That sort of must-win situation is great for the young lads to understand what they need to do – that they can’t miss their header, they can’t misplace a pass or they can’t lose their man from a corner.

“That type of demand and challenge is great for their development and some will go out on loan as a result. I think the squad will see more changes in the coming weeks.”

Rangers are set to contest the second fixture of their 2020/21 pre-season campaign on Saturday with a trip to League One Oxford United.

Warburton – who saw his team see off AFC Wimbledon 3-0 in W12 last weekend – told us: “Oxford have had a number of games already, so we know we’re going to face a fit opponent.

“They are a very well-coached side and a talented team. They came very close to promotion last year and are in a good place in terms of fitness and games played so far.

“We know we face another tough test. For us, we’ll again be moving players around and looking at what we’ve got.

“We’ve got a very young side and a couple of niggling injuries, too. So we’ll be light in terms of our squad and may well play a very young team at times.

“But, again, it’s about preparation for September 12th. Everything is geared towards that and we’ll go to Oxford with a desire to put in a good performance - as part of our training programme and in readiness for the start of the campaign.”

Comment

Working...
                        X