• Show
Clear All

• Warbs on official website

Just now, headlines;

Eze pretty much gone
    Most of that money will go to reduce debts/survive etc
    Looking to bring 2 or 3 in still
    The 2 or 3 will be cheap deals, free transfers or loan players
    Existing players who don’t want to play or won’t sign contract extensions will be left out!!
    Plymouth game will be a huge challenge ‘ players out on international duty, 2/3 injuries, 1/2 leaving, no one coming in - we could only have 11/12 players’

In summary whilst very honest a rather depressing listen tbh!

Just listened to the interview, BOS and Manning were obviously who he was talking about re contracts, quite surprised he said that in public, all most a threat/warning to those 2, not that I disagree with Warburton.

Also think he was playing down the fact we have a few quid in the bank, maybe one 2 million type signing to come.

plenty of clubs in this division facing financial meltdown, hopefully we are in safer waters.

Comment

In Warbs we have to trust.

Comment

Fair enough. Sensible not to come across as Loadsamoney. However, looks like we are already out of the Caribbean cup or whatever it’s called.

Comment

I'll grab my boots, i'll play against Plymouth if we're sort of numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
            Just listened to the interview, BOS and Manning were obviously who he was talking about re contracts, quite surprised he said that in public, all most a threat/warning to those 2, not that I disagree with Warburton.

Also think he was playing down the fact we have a few quid in the bank, maybe one 2 million type signing to come.

plenty of clubs in this division facing financial meltdown, hopefully we are in safer waters.
            Definitely talking about BOS and Manning. Comments probably relate to Leistner too.

I agree with Warbs even though at best this season could result in a lower mid table finish

We need a squad of players who love the club, feel part of something special and not totally money orientated

Ex Players like Clint Hill, Derry, Mackie, Bircham, Gallen etc

I also read somewhere that Dieng, Kakay and Niko had been offered new contacts too. As far as I can see, none of them have signed

Hopefully one of the only good things to come out of the pandemic will be a total reset and less about money and more about loyalty and development

Comment

Not suprising really to hear such a downbeat interview. As pointed out recently the vibes / messages from the club are very uninspiring to say the least.

All the clubs, bar those with parachute money, will obviously be hit financially without fans in the stadiums, but I wonder how many of those are giving out similar talks.

If they think 2 or 3 players coming in will gain equal or better results than last season then they are sadly mistaken. Unless those coming in will be of a high quality our 1st team will be weak. Even without selling BOS , Manning and Leistner, we have still lost a large part of last seasons squad.

Our defence last season was bottom 4 and with Hall and Rangel gone is likely to be even worse.

Then there is a now weaker attack line up to make winning games more difficult.

​​​​​​​Obviously this sounds like a lot of promotion for players from the development squad, like Bettache Gubbins Ramilkilde Hamalainen etc. I dont follow their results and dont know how good they are, but hopefully they will be capable of competing.

This has the makings of a very difficult season battling against the drop.

​​​​​​​Some on here will say this is a pessismistic post, but at the same time think nothing wrong with Warburtons comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post

Definitely talking about BOS and Manning. Comments probably relate to Leistner too.

I agree with Warbs even though at best this season could result in a lower mid table finish

We need a squad of players who love the club, feel part of something special and not totally money orientated

Ex Players like Clint Hill, Derry, Mackie, Bircham, Gallen etc

I also read somewhere that Dieng, Kakay and Niko had been offered new contacts too. As far as I can see, none of them have signed

Hopefully one of the only good things to come out of the pandemic will be a total reset and less about money and more about loyalty and development
                I dont think the likes of Hill, Derry etc were getting paid £6k pw though.

Comment

• Mem
                  Mem commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But 10 x less than Bosingwa, Barton , Cisse etc but we’re still far more committed and determined

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                Not suprising really to hear such a downbeat interview. As pointed out recently the vibes / messages from the club are very uninspiring to say the least.

All the clubs, bar those with parachute money, will obviously be hit financially without fans in the stadiums, but I wonder how many of those are giving out similar talks.

If they think 2 or 3 players coming in will gain equal or better results than last season then they are sadly mistaken. Unless those coming in will be of a high quality our 1st team will be weak. Even without selling BOS , Manning and Leistner, we have still lost a large part of last seasons squad.

Our defence last season was bottom 4 and with Hall and Rangel gone is likely to be even worse.

Then there is a now weaker attack line up to make winning games more difficult.

​​​​​​​Obviously this sounds like a lot of promotion for players from the development squad, like Bettache Gubbins Ramilkilde Hamalainen etc. I dont follow their results and dont know how good they are, but hopefully they will be capable of competing.

This has the makings of a very difficult season battling against the drop.

​​​​​​​Some on here will say this is a pessismistic post, but at the same time think nothing wrong with Warburtons comments.
                There is such a fine line between being honest versus giving fans hope

I’ve said it before that as it stands the messages from the club are far too negative

We’ve not heard from Les or Hoos for ages

They need to start talking things up, it’s all doom and gloom

Comment

In the last accounts we had debts to the directors of around £33.8m. So perhaps a proportion of that debt is due for repayment and the Directors need that money back rather than rolling it over. Also, we had £5m in tickets sales that season, so without crowds that a hole needs to be covered.

What MW says that most of that money will go elsewhere is very plausable. Hopefully there'll be some available for one more transfer signing. Combined spending of £5m on transfers would be more than I expected even with Eze money.

Comment

Got no problem with Warbs playing down expectations, especially regarding the Eze money . Lets not forget we have already brought in 3 players and I have no doubt there is more to come .As for hearing from Les and Hoos , I don’t know what you want to hear , I’d saythey are busy dealing with contracts of players coming and going as they should be .

Comment

Surely all this negativity must blunt our ability to attract new players?

Yet we have made a couple of promising signing?

Let's face it although we all rate Ramsey, is that enough alone to get hungry youngsters in?

Comment

Very weak league next season,we will be good enough to stay up again,probably not in such a high position but out of the bottom 3,that will do for me

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                          Got no problem with Warbs playing down expectations, especially regarding the Eze money . Lets not forget we have already brought in 3 players and I have no doubt there is more to come .As for hearing from Les and Hoos , I don’t know what you want to hear , I’d saythey are busy dealing with contracts of players coming and going as they should be .
                          Partially agree but part of their role is to communicate with the fans

Even more important now

It’s called leadership and there seems to be a distinct lack of it when it comes to engaging with the fans

Comment

To be fair the club hold fans forums throughout the season where you can ask the board any questions you want . I don’t hear a lot from other clubs boards either . Warbs keeps us updated as he has just done with his interview.When the club has news to announce , ( new signings , training ground , new ground etc ) they do it .

Comment

Working...
                            X