Wimbledon match thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two new boys combine.
    I know this is a friendly but Cameron is pony.

Comment

Warburton limping and using a crutch ?

Comment

Good for new signing to get off the mark so early .

Comment

Really enjoyable half

I never criticised Dyke despite his stats because I had never watched him, I like the look of him a lot. Great hold up play, clever forward runs dragging defenders out of position, nice touch, good awareness

Really impressed. Also like the young lad from the youth team in midfield, Faysal Bettache, Tidy player

Dieng also looks reliable, George Thomas looks like a little fighter also

Also nice to see we are playing reasonable football without Eze which might be a permanent thing this transfer window

Ultimately it's only AFC Wimbledon and it's pre season/fitness but gut feeling says there is good vibes. Well done Mark Warburton, he's the right guy for this football club
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Fair play to Dykes scoring. I was more cynical about this signing and won’t get to over excited as we are playing a league 2 team but it sounds like he’s got something about him and is linking up with the team very quickly which can only be promising.

I know the young lad in the middle who started today is very highly rated at the club. Hopefully another gem coming through!!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              Fair play to Dykes scoring. I was more cynical about this signing and won’t get to over excited as we are playing a league 2 team but it sounds like he’s got something about him and is linking up with the team very quickly which can only be promising.

I know the young lad in the middle who started today is very highly rated at the club. Hopefully another gem coming through!!
              Wimbledon are league 1 mate but yeah, they arent a very good side in league 1 and sit around the lower half of the league 1 table

Yes, agreed about Faysal Bettach. Tidy player
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

3-0 OG

Comment

Good run out for the boys today , I know they are a league 1 club but if we didn’t win some posters would be screaming for heads to roll. We played a couple of prem teams in friendlies Straight after lockdown and lost and all hell broke loose .

Comment

Ended 3-0, As usual in friendlies it’s very difficult to learn a lot, Wimbledon were a very poor outfit so really hard to judge how well certain players did.

Positives were Dykes and Thomas who both look useful, Chair and young Bettache both very skilful young players, Barbet, and Masterson looked fine although never troubled, Dieng in goal was never tested, I thought Amos and Ball looked very solid.

Negatives for me were BOS and Manning, both clearly want out, Cameroon still losing possesion to easily, young Smythe is very good at taking himself out the game, positions he takes up are poor, Shidipo, lively but very poor at decision making.

As for the others, poor opposition made it hard to judge them

Comment

They did the job from what was put in front of them. Last season we couldn't manage that.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

Yes, thats a massive hint, if this is indicating squad numbers for the upcoming season and not just for this friendly.
                        So obvious that Sinton had to mention that you shouldn't pay attention to which numbers players are wearing in friendlies.

Well, use 1 to 11 in pre-season then.

Comment

Want to see Paul Smyth given a real chance.
                          That lad can play at this level, hope he's in the squad

Comment

Noticeably no Oteh or BFG. Suggests there’s a plan without them

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                              Noticeably no Oteh or BFG. Suggests there’s a plan without them
                              I think Oteh will go out on loan again, Leistner likely to leave on a permanent deal.

Comment

Oteh is really not up to champ level, we will need to sign at least another striker and maybe loan someone!

Comment

Working...
                                X