Random stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random stuff!

New kit - can’t believe the hissy fits on Twitter. Quite like both kits, particularly the ‘82’ away one

New kit photos - none with Eze or BOS. Should we read into that

New kit photos (GK) - none with Dieng. Hope we don’t flog or send him out on loan. Kelly and Lumley cost us so many points last season. Dieng looked impressive out on loan at Doncaster

Bloke possibly investing in Charlton - said he rang QPR but we didn’t need the money!

Ben Watson - still available, think he would be a great asset 1 year contract or pay as you play

Centre Back - I would love it if we signed someone out of the blue. We will struggle as is.

Hugill - I see we are still linked with him but I don’t understand why as Dykes and him seem to share the same attributes. Think we need a nippy striker now to combine with Dykes

Paul Smyth - could he fulfill this role. He was brilliant in his first few matches for us. Has stalled significantly since and was poor at Wycombe

Niko H - would like him to feature preseason as he looks a prospect and would mean Manning (if he stays) can play in midfield

We have the money but we are not allowed to spend it.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
      We have the money but we are not allowed to spend it.
      Yes that is true, so a new investor is not required.

Mem,yes we should read something into no Eze,BOS, or Dieng featured. I think they will all be leaving before the window shuts on 5th Oct.

We will suffer if we have to rely on Lumley & Kelly as goalkeepers (I would go for David Marshall from Wigan) and the current CBs of Barbet, Masterson Leistner (if he stays) and Kakay. Others are needed. Will also need a left back if Manning also leaves. I wouldn't want to rely on Wallace and Hamelainen.

I would be happy with Hugill coming in because Warburton often favours playing with just one CF anyway. Paul Smyth doesn't appear to be rated by the manager, but i would like him to be given a chance before discarding him.

PS.
      I dont really like the collars and cuff as i think they should have included blue on the home kit and black on the away. Otherwise,yes they are not bad. Especially going back to a red kit. I had posted elsewhere before that i think all our away kits should predominantly be red. Red and white halves, red and black hoops or stripes or all red (black shorts go well with it otherwise would look too much like Liverpool).

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
        New kit - can’t believe the hissy fits on Twitter. Quite like both kits, particularly the ‘82’ away one

New kit photos - none with Eze or BOS. Should we read into that

New kit photos (GK) - none with Dieng. Hope we don’t flog or send him out on loan. Kelly and Lumley cost us so many points last season. Dieng looked impressive out on loan at Doncaster

Bloke possibly investing in Charlton - said he rang QPR but we didn’t need the money!

Ben Watson - still available, think he would be a great asset 1 year contract or pay as you play

Centre Back - I would love it if we signed someone out of the blue. We will struggle as is.

Hugill - I see we are still linked with him but I don’t understand why as Dykes and him seem to share the same attributes. Think we need a nippy striker now to combine with Dykes

Paul Smyth - could he fulfill this role. He was brilliant in his first few matches for us. Has stalled significantly since and was poor at Wycombe

Niko H - would like him to feature preseason as he looks a prospect and would mean Manning (if he stays) can play in midfield

Regarding the kits I really don't know what these people are moaning about.
        It's a blue and white hooped shirt, with white shorts and socks.
        I'm reading we never had white shoulders, well those people weren't around, when we had the fly KLM shirts which had players like Paul Parker in.
        Then I'm reading notts forest fans saying it's their kit.
        Did Brazil tell palace or Colchester they were wearing their kit?
        And again where were our moaning minis in 82?
        Ridiculous

Comment

Stop. Reading. Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I'm reading we never had white shoulders, well those people weren't around, when we had the fly KLM shirts which had players like Paul Parker in.
            Ridiculous
            The home shirt reminded me of KLM kit 87/88 when I first saw it .

Comment

79/80

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

The home shirt reminded me of KLM kit 87/88 when I first saw it .
                Yep exactly Stainrod, me too

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

79/80
                  Oh well played LRL , white sleeves and shoulders, whatever next........pink?

Comment

Oh well played LRL , white sleeves and shoulders, whatever next........pink?
                    What a kit that is .

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                      Stop. Reading. Twitter.

Que?

Comment

Fans will always have mixed opinions on new kits ,I think the Notts forest like 2nd kit is nice enough ,I'm unsure about the 1st kit,maybe it will grow on me .

Comment

Ridiculous
                          I liked that KLM kit very much.

Comment

Random question - are we returfing the pitch this summer?

It tends to get done every year but I believe it's very expensive. Without getting replaced it might wear very quickly as the winter kicks in.

Possible cost saving to make do with what we have with the drop in income from covid?

Comment

Que?

New kit - can’t believe the hissy fits on Twitter.
                              Twitter is mostly a platform for people to whinge and pass judgement on things and people that they have little or no knowledge of. Much like a support forum, the vast majority of posts/comments will be negative. I expect that a good number of those commenting about the kit are not even QPR fans.

IMO.

* I am a grumpy old b@stard though.

Comment

Working...
                              X