leon balogun and other quality targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leon balogun and other quality targets

If we sell eze manning samuel and say collect 30 million in total . why dont we invest in young quality signings that will have more chance of big sell on profit like balogun from arsenal . wont cost more than 6 million rob dickie 2 million charlie goode 500,000 and even if we then have 5 million to spend we can get another striker in and a few free transfers or loans and make tidy profit from sales . what do you think ?

Arsenal want £8m for Balogun and Brentford are interested if they get promoted.

Comment

he is a quality striker with pace to burn . we need one or two quality signings as well as free transfers and experience to improve us and we can still have a tidy amount left over as profit

Comment

What wages must he be on?

I'd guess way out of our range.

Comment

Originally posted by rangersmonkeyboy View Post
          he is a quality striker with pace to burn . we need one or two quality signings as well as free transfers and experience to improve us and we can still have a tidy amount left over as profit
          No such thing as profit when the last accounts show that £33m is owed to our owners in loans. Although we made £9m on player sales last summer the usual overspend and lost income from COVID would surely mean the current debt would still be £25-30m

Comment

Troy Parrott is quality, just gone on loan to Millwall...when we were looking at him last year my Spurs mate reckoned no chance he'd drop to the Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
              What wages must he be on?

I'd guess way out of our range.
              Yes. We pay Aldi wages - we can't recruit Waitrose players. Best we can hope for is very unproven youngsters OR parent club heavily subsidising the wages. I think another option is foreign players...... there must be plenty of Eastern European players who'd regard £5K a week as seriously attractive whereas Balogun would moan it doesn't even cover cost of his haircuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Yes. We pay Aldi wages - we can't recruit Waitrose players. Best we can hope for is very unproven youngsters OR parent club heavily subsidising the wages. I think another option is foreign players...... there must be plenty of Eastern European players who'd regard £5K a week as seriously attractive whereas Balogun would moan it doesn't even cover cost of his haircuts.
                What affect might BREXIT have on our ability to use Eastern European players?

Just another hurdle for us.

Comment

What we pay is more than some clubs in championship, players wages these days are unbelievable & far too High, until our club sorts itself out that’s The way we are going & agree with what they are doing

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

No such thing as profit when the last accounts show that £33m is owed to our owners in loans. Although we made £9m on player sales last summer the usual overspend and lost income from COVID would surely mean the current debt would still be £25-30m
                    Being pedantic it is possible to earn a profit whilst in debt. a lot of industries run on overdrafts/loans and still make profits.

As far as I know airlines are steeped in debt through borrowing for their their big tickets assets, but until recently made profits, slender perhaps, but still a surplus of income over costs. Of course others simply lease the planes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                      What we pay is more than some clubs in championship, players wages these days are unbelievable & far too High, until our club sorts itself out that’s The way we are going & agree with what they are doing
                      Agree with this and it’s a matter of time before other clubs do the same .

Comment

Selling well is the key here, the club should stick by the asking prices, dont budge or anything, stick to it.

These are my asking prices

Eze - £20m
                        BOS - £5m
                        Manning - £5m
                        Leistner - £2.5m

Stick to those prices and we would make £32,500,000 in transfer income alone.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
                          Selling well is the key here, the club should stick by the asking prices, dont budge or anything, stick to it.

These are my asking prices

Eze - £20m
                          BOS - £5m
                          Manning - £5m
                          Leistner - £2.5m

Stick to those prices and we would make £32,500,000 in transfer income alone.
                          Any club paying £2.5m for Leistner needs shooting. He's got one year left on his contact, on £16k a week and with COVID it's a free transfer written all over it to get him off the books. He's bang average too.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Any club paying £2.5m for Leistner needs shooting. He's got one year left on his contact, on £16k a week and with COVID it's a free transfer written all over it to get him off the books. He's bang average too.
                            Your right on that one, I cant see Leistner going for very little to nothing despite what I said, I believe hes on something like 16k a week. Get him off the books and replace him with a decent free agent in at least.

Comment

Working...
                            X